Mysterious missile shot at Kebun Baru food centre

Carbon82

ok. i lose. Never thought will say this of a combat soldier, but now old liao, don't admit defeat also cannot...

but that one is US lah... SG i think most za bor cannot even take the sun, dun say go combat.

[laugh]

↡ Advertisement

Goggle :

How far can the average soldier throw a hand grenade?

Answer Wiki

In ideal training conditions without any gear weighing him down, a soldier can throw a grenade about 25–30 meters.

In a situation where more precise throwing is required in a specific spot, in a more tense situation with bullets flying, and in cover without the grenade rolling. the additional weighing down of gear (armaments, backpack equipment etc.) it becomes impressive to make a precise throw land 15+ meters far.

Grenades are effectively thrown at a distance you’d expect someone to throw a knife from.

:yeah-im-not-drunk: 

Actually wanna throw something for 50 m is no problem one. Just that if wanna throw accurately and hit a certain point, i bet my live savings that it's not possible. But if wanna hit a certain area (say, 10 m by 10 m), then might be v difficult, but maybe got chance.

Looking at the pic, the home-made projectile looks like it's not v heavy or bulky, and neither is it light like feather, which cannot travel far. Provided it is stable, i.e. no need to scared getting ready to throw or just leaving hands then will immediately explode, then the full swing of the arm should be able to send it quite far.

The grenade throw is not good example, i feel, as grenade throw is expected to be accurate. Also, throw grenade and throw let's say a tennis ball, is quite different. Grenade requires the whole palm to hold the grenade intact after removing the safety pin. This makes is harder to throw far, unlike when we use the fingers to hold and throw a tennis ball.

• Praise 1

It's easier to throw a long object further. This was why the stick hand grenade was design the way it is during WWII, it was made to be able to throw further.

• Praise 2

It's easier to throw a long object further. This was why the stick hand grenade was design the way it is during WWII, it was made to be able to throw further.

wah thanks. Learnt something very interesting but of not much real value in life today hahaha  [smash]  [nod]

What stands out in today ST report is the hawker although has fire extinguisher, don't know how to use. Singaporean must learn basic skill like how to use one mah, wait store fire how?

I meant the hawker stalls [bigcry]

Must be afraid the object will explode.

I will also be reluctant to spray extinguisher to a smoking object.

I noticed nobody questioned the third photo, where a zha bor was examining the ... empty cartridge, projectile shell, blown/burnt charge, or whatever it's called...

Wonder why such traditionally guy's job, is now handled by a woman...

Maybe a woman is better in handling things that discharge, eject, expel or release?

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 2