Nokia 3310 returns!

therock

I am looking forward to getting one..

Any particular reason?

Not really, but it's something I used before, and it's great for calls / SMS, super long battery life too.

Maybe I may get recalled from MR into service and need this phone, who knows right?

Ha ha

No need to justify this kind of purchase.

Like just buy.  :D

That said....I used less than 40min of outgoing calls and sent less than 6 sms per month..... 

I am looking forward to getting one..

Any particular reason?

Not really, but it's something I used before, and it's great for calls / SMS, super long battery life too.

Maybe I may get recalled from MR into service and need this phone, who knows right?

Ha ha

came across nokia 6, the android-powered nokia handset. reasonably priced for the given specs imho. anyone already tried? local telco might not carry but it can be ordered from amazon and/or other overseas shops  [grin]

came across nokia 6, the android-powered nokia handset. reasonably priced for the given specs imho. anyone already tried? local telco might not carry but it can be ordered from amazon and/or other overseas shops [grin]

Why mobile at far east selling the nokia 6 at $380 but no warranty

Why mobile at far east selling the nokia 6 at $380 but no warranty

Export sets comes with no warranty.

came across nokia 6, the android-powered nokia handset. reasonably priced for the given specs imho. anyone already tried? local telco might not carry but it can be ordered from amazon and/or other overseas shops  [grin]

If Nokia decides to sell the new 3310 here, maybe it means local telco might bring the 6 and the other Nokia smartphones in.

http://www.straitstimes.com/tech/nokia-3310-priced-at-99-available-for-sale-in-singapore-from-oct-14

Yeah..

SINGAPORE - Get set for a dose of nostalgia - the classic Nokia 3310 will make its comeback here on Oct 14.

The talk-and-text-centric phone, which will retail at $99, is available in two colours: Warm Red and Charcoal.

It also comes equipped with a 3G data connection.

Finnish start-up HMD Global, which owns rights to the Nokia brand, said in a statement on Monday (Oct 9) that the phone's "retro user interface" has been improved to deliver an "enhanced, customisable experience".

HMD Global added that the phone will be sold at M1, Starhub, Courts, Harvey Norman, Challenger, Sprint Cass, Mustafa, 3Mobile, www.handphoneshop.com and selected A-Mobile authorised retailers.

Normal SIM, Micro SIM or Nano SIM?

Should be nano sim ba.

Which telco still issues Micro sim, or even normal sim these days?

Anyway, there is always the adapter to fit it in if size not right.  [sweatdrop]

Should be nano sim ba.

Which telco still issues Micro sim, or even normal sim these days?

Anyway, there is always the adapter to fit it in if size not right. [sweatdrop]

Actually if you apply for new line and get a SIM card from the Telco, they give those 3 in 1 type.

i bought a startac last yr when my note conked out. Very nostalgic and can surf the internet....but very slow. I enjoyed the billiards game that came with it....ððð. But it still served its purpose of just phone calls and sms (very slow texting).

More retro would be the Singtel Call Zone phone. Remember those?

Wa, singtel call zone phone! I wonder why they have such phone back then?

Call zone.....early 90s and the cheapest phone was $800+. Some of my colleagues back then had them.....hahaha! I for the longest time resisted the hp revolution....nokia 8210, 8250 were the in-thing in the late 90s. I only started to carry 1 in 2002. One of my friend carried a motorola brick back in the late 80s. Analog and 20 cts/minute..... Edited by Eviilusion