COE Bidding – 1st Round of October 2017

Carbon82

Gut feeling says,

Cat A - $41k

Cat B - $50k

But personally hoping Cat A will go up to 45k, committed a car, took guaranteed, 2 more bids to go.  

↡ Advertisement

Gut feeling says,

Cat A - $41k

Cat B - $50k

But personally hoping Cat A will go up to 45k, committed a car, took guaranteed, 2 more bids to go.

You hope cat A to go up cos booked GCOE, many will suan you hor

Gut feeling says,

Cat A - $41k
Cat B - $50k

better for coe to go down below your coe rebate.. then at least can get some cash refund. better than a paper tiger gain. though looking at the high level of bid the last round.. likely spill over to this round.. maybe

Edited by BenTong

Turbocharged

better for coe to go down below your coe rebate.. then at least can get some cash refund. better than a paper tiger gain. though looking at the high level of bid the last round.. likely spill over to this round.. maybe

Spot on.

Better cash in the pocket than paper gain.

COE is for ten years, goes to zero at end of life, unless you scrap and take back money from LTA.

• Praise 2

Cat A - $40k

Cat B - $47K

We must have a table like this so when the final result is announced we will straightaway know who strike first prize (both Cat correct) or second prize (one Cat correct) and we can announce the winners. 

Name                    Cat A                    Cat B

1. Megadark               40k                       47k

2. Swift0601a             41k                       50k

• Praise 3

See today's news article...

http://www.businesstimes.com.sg/transport/lta-drops-need-to-park-private-hire-cars-under-a-business

FROM this month, a private-hire car (PHC) can be owned by an individual, without the need to first register a business entity with the Accounting and Corporate Regulatory Authority (Acra).

Will this small step by LTA in any way influence/affect COE prices going forward?

Ah Gong "chut pattern" again?

Not anti government here. However, government created this COE as an instrument to 'control' the car population and 'penged' it several times over the years. So this topic would be kind of hard without discussing the game rules and just play the game. Of course too much of negative sentiments is also not fun. 

Having said that, the new CEVS monster is lurking near, I hope those who signed recently gets your COE and car soon. Please share what the AD SE latest info to you, which is a good indicator (at least for me) to feel the market sentiment. I deem that they have the bigger muscles to flex.

Oh, forgot to mention, perhaps one possible way of getting COE fast is to keep following up with your AD/PI, put pressure on them. At times they have to release some cars for some reasons (example cash flow, inventory, older model etc), even at higher COE. So let's say if they decided to bid at least 5 COE but holding 10 orders, who would they give it to? I would quickly give it to the one that bark me the most and let those remain silence wait a little longer. Just my opinion.

I tend to agree. 

We use to pride our self that UK planned the City base on our ERP blah blah blah.

Now we have a system that we just pay to join the Jam. It did not evolve from there.

Also the COE while it control the population growth, you can only tweak it so much before everyone starts to try to outsmart the system.

I for one is super against the Cat A for under 130BHP because it just do not make sense to limit cars that way.

Else, long ago, we would have changed the game when the RX7 / RX8 was available. Drinks oil. Drinks fuel. Low CC. High horsepower.

• Praise 2

See today's news article...

http://www.businesstimes.com.sg/transport/lta-drops-need-to-park-private-hire-cars-under-a-business

FROM this month, a private-hire car (PHC) can be owned by an individual, without the need to first register a business entity with the Accounting and Corporate Regulatory Authority (Acra).

Will this small step by LTA in any way influence/affect COE prices going forward?

Ah Gong "chut pattern" again?

Haha bro, if you bash Ah Gong, old uncle will not be happy.

• Praise 1
  • Dislike 1

So if go below rebate price, AD makes more or maintain COE status quo? Who is bidding, if AD then the answer you know liao right.  

• Praise 1

So if go below rebate price, AD makes more or maintain COE status quo? Who is bidding, if AD then the answer you know liao right.

True.. the AD will make more but the buyer will also get some cash refund. If higher, AD will make less but buyer gets a paper tiger..
  • Praise 2

then again depends on his rebate level ...with the COE going down trend so much recently, I doubt his AD has the balls to set high rebate levels. Better to hope for sky high COE if the reabte level really like sh#t.

• Praise 2

then again depends on his rebate level ...with the COE going down trend so much recently, I doubt his AD has the balls to set high rebate levels. Better to hope for sky high COE if the reabte level really like sh#t.

Yup.. that’s the other consideration...

I think if gou check with the major players, that range will be the result tomorrow haha

Not bashing lah... Just saying. It's in the news... Anyway I think its positive move.

Sorry I am just joking! Thanks for updating us with the latest information. [thumbsup] All these government policies will affect COE prices so it is inevitable that discussions somehow will lead this way. 

Sorry I am just joking! Thanks for updating us with the latest information. [thumbsup] All these government policies will affect COE prices so it is inevitable that discussions somehow will lead this way. 

No worries!

i wonder how the new ves will affect the price next year

some say price will goes up...

anyway i am  the kiasu type... have already secured by COE last round as i am not willing to pay extra for the car

i was at kia showroom on last sunday to settle the payment...

did not see the giantic mad crowd during the 36k coe liao

quite a number of pple came in to see the K3 though

this type round.. i think Cat A will stay or increase... Cat b may drop a little

Edited by Actan72
  • Praise 2