• Search this thread
  • Reply to this topic
21 replies to this topic | 35 praises

Posted 30 September 2017 - 10:04 AM

Peqasus
  • Premium member
    Peqasus
    4th Gear
    The points of the user determines the rank. The higher the points, the higher the rank.
    Author Image
    The bar represents the rank and points of the user. The longer the bar, the higher the rank and points.

Points are accumulated from other users who Praise or Disliked this users' posts.

Hey guys I'm seriously disgusted by the way the distri treat their customers. Any good amsoil alternatives?

Posted 30 September 2017 - 10:10 AM

Kb27
  • Premium member
    Kb27
    2Fast2Furious
    The points of the user determines the rank. The higher the points, the higher the rank.
    Author Image
    The bar represents the rank and points of the user. The longer the bar, the higher the rank and points.

Points are accumulated from other users who Praise or Disliked this users' posts.

Depends on what you're looking for.

Redline has many good product, I won't hesitate to use.

Distributor is http://www.kaiguan.c...hetic_0W30.html

Tianmo praised this

Posted 30 September 2017 - 10:11 AM

UncleAtas
  • Premium member
    UncleAtas
    6th Gear
    Author Image

That particular distri lots of bad review liao.

Refer to signature guidelines

Posted 30 September 2017 - 10:15 AM

Peqasus
  • Premium member
    Peqasus
    4th Gear
    Author Image

Wat a waste. It's a good oil. Been using on my hyundai avante for close to 10 yrs and smooth as butter. Will be renewing coe and wanted to keep to amsoil. Is it worth ordering from Amazon?

Posted 30 September 2017 - 10:19 AM

Mkl22
  • Mkl22
    Supercharged
    Author Image

Motul? But maybe a little more ex? Or buy from amazon and forget the useless distributors we have in Singapore. Amazon or similar should come in and cut out all these under performing distributors.

Edited by Mkl22, 30 September 2017 - 10:21 AM.

Tianmo praised this

Posted 30 September 2017 - 12:32 PM

Jamesc
  • Premium member
    Jamesc
    2Fast2Furious
    Author Image

Do you mean alternative distri or oil?

Redline and Castrol.

If not high performance car

normal oil will do.

Read BITOG.

:D

Say no to harsh artificial chemicals

that pollute the earth

and go natural. [thumbsup]

Posted 30 September 2017 - 01:45 PM

Bicolor
  • Premium member
    Bicolor
    6th Gear
    Author Image

If you absolutely want to continue using Amsoil you can try MXTradings at Ubi: http://mxtradings.com

They do stock Amsoil products.

I've so far not seen Amsoil products which can be shipped to Singapore on Amazon.

Wat a waste. It's a good oil. Been using on my hyundai avante for close to 10 yrs and smooth as butter. Will be renewing coe and wanted to keep to amsoil. Is it worth ordering from Amazon?

Edited by Bicolor, 30 September 2017 - 01:47 PM.

Tianmo and 1 Anonymous member praised this

Posted 30 September 2017 - 06:23 PM

Ahbengdriver
  • Ahbengdriver
    Supercharged
    Author Image

I ve used Liqui-Moly, Mobil-1, Shell Helix, Penzzoil, Castrol on both conti and JDMs.  Never used Amsoil altho heard some good feedback.

Personally I dont think u need to stick to AMsoil.  

The best oil I ve used in order of best to good to not so good is...

1.  Liqui Moly [better than orgasm]

2.  Castrol

3.  Mobil 1

4.  Shell/Pennzoil

Both my cars are now using Liquimoly.  I used both 5w30 n 5w40.

All my hiadees also mostly used this one.  I usually stock up quite a few bottles.

BTW how muchie is 1 lire or 1 quart of Amsoil?

Edited by Ahbengdriver, 30 September 2017 - 06:22 PM.

===========================================================================
I am looking for another word other than "disgusting" to describe 4.62 minion but bcos I neber pass my PSLE, the only word I know is "KNNBCBB"

Posted 30 September 2017 - 06:53 PM

Kb27
  • Premium member
    Kb27
    2Fast2Furious
    Author Image

If you absolutely want to continue using Amsoil you can try MXTradings at Ubi: http://mxtradings.com

They do stock Amsoil products.

I've so far not seen Amsoil products which can be shipped to Singapore on Amazon.

mx not allowed to carry amsoil.

bcuz the distributor make sure of it.

Posted 30 September 2017 - 07:05 PM

Mkl22
  • Mkl22
    Supercharged
    Author Image

I was using amsoil before too. Too bad priced too high now. Also amazon has a good spread of good oils for approx sgd$7/QT. Shipped to the door too. Why waste time with over priced oil in Singapore.

Posted 30 September 2017 - 07:17 PM

Bicolor
  • Premium member
    Bicolor
    6th Gear
    Author Image

I just bought Amsoil stuff from them a week ago. They no longer list on the website but they do stock it. 

Kb27 praised this

Posted 30 September 2017 - 08:39 PM

Kangadrool
  • Premium member
    Kangadrool
    2Fast2Furious
    Author Image

Best oil I used so far is ATOM. Smooth and free revving. It came and went away quickly. Not too sure if it's still available.

Edited by Kangadrool, 30 September 2017 - 08:39 PM.

Posted 01 October 2017 - 06:32 AM

Peqasus
  • Premium member
    Peqasus
    4th Gear
    Author Image

Thx bros. may give liquid moly a shot. It could be me being pandang given eo is more about science but hvg used amsoil all these yrs it's just hard to swap mentally esp for a 10 yo car after my 10k km 60 days road trip to thai on amsoil. Guess I hv to. Jus dun want to vote for them with my $.

Posted 01 October 2017 - 08:06 AM

Kklee
  • Kklee
    5th Gear
    Author Image

Thx bros. may give liquid moly a shot. It could be me being pandang given eo is more about science but hvg used amsoil all these yrs it's just hard to swap mentally esp for a 10 yo car after my 10k km 60 days road trip to thai on amsoil. Guess I hv to. Jus dun want to vote for them with my $.

Which amsoil r u using currently?  You may want to at least compare the specs. 

Posted 01 October 2017 - 08:31 AM

Speedz76
  • Speedz76
    4th Gear
    Author Image

When i switched to amsoil from other brands 10 years ago.. im super impressed with how lasting and smooth amsoil is.

When i cant get hold of amsoil.. Then i tried redline.. and i swear by it and dont even bother amsoil anymore

Now, after on motul 300v.. i wouldnt use any other engine oils ;)

Posted 01 October 2017 - 11:23 AM

Peqasus
  • Premium member
    Peqasus
    4th Gear
    Author Image

Which amsoil r u using currently? You may want to at least compare the specs.

Using signature 5w30. Anyway hvg travelled all the way to ubi from Jurong west took 3 quarts. Had 1 quart left at home. Definitely not using them after this batch.

Posted 01 October 2017 - 01:31 PM

Mcf777
  • Mcf777
    NOS-ed
    Author Image

Look out Amazon.com

Sometimes they have liquid moly promo. Around usd40 for 5litres bottle.

I still left 6 bottles of 5litres during the last purchase, for the next 1yr servicing.

Posted 01 October 2017 - 05:46 PM

Kklee
  • Kklee
    5th Gear
    Author Image

Using signature 5w30. Anyway hvg travelled all the way to ubi from Jurong west took 3 quarts. Had 1 quart left at home. Definitely not using them after this batch.

If it is ASL,  the spec'ed TBN 12.6 will be hard to match.

In my experience, a conventional synthetic (today) will probably last about 7k depending on usage. 

Using the ASL,  there will be no issue hitting the 10k OCI. 

Posted 01 October 2017 - 07:17 PM

Ahbengdriver
  • Ahbengdriver
    Supercharged
    Author Image

in today's era of expensive car prices its best to change EO regularly and more closely.  Cheap insurance for yr car engine.  

I ve run 10k intervals previously on Shell Helix and there are some sluggy stuffs on the oil filler cap.  I believe the same could happen to the other "great" brands of oil.  Many people follow WS that recommend 10k km oil change intervals, which is fine if it works for you n your wallet.  But our car engines are also working when car is stationery at traffic junctions waiting for green to go.  If you add that in, 10km will actually be 12k km or more in real terms.

7k interval between oil changes is a good discipline.  I now change my oil anywhere between 5k to 6.5k km, as oil is rather cheap these days.  Once i can feel the smoothness of the oil dimishing, I will change the oil.  I am a believer that oil quality n properties depreciates in some straight line form, and any aged oil is never as good as new oil.  And yes i do not waste time n money to do Used Oil Analysis.  I also do not like to use Engine Flush, had bad experience once.  When I wanted to flush the engine clean, I ll just change the oil after another 500 to 1k km.  

The oil filter, which can be expensive for some cars, can be changed every 10-12k km.  

Edited by Ahbengdriver, 01 October 2017 - 07:24 PM.

Kklee and Altis72 praised this
===========================================================================
I am looking for another word other than "disgusting" to describe 4.62 minion but bcos I neber pass my PSLE, the only word I know is "KNNBCBB"

Posted 10 October 2017 - 06:02 AM

Sdf4786k
  • Premium member
    Sdf4786k
    Supercharged
    Author Image

also good to check when to change the oil.

Back to Maintenance & Repairs  ·  Aftermarket Top Reply to this topic
Dynamics Mechanic Pte Ltd

Related user reviews on sgCarMart.com

Motul H-Tech 100 Plus 5W30

Motul H-Tech 100 Plus 5W30  |  Rating   Submit Review

Reviewed by Hygro  |  Clutched

So far best engine oil ever used

So far this engine oil have done a good job to my engine reducing alot of engine noise when accelerating and it can actually last longer than 10k. It can do 20k which my friend have done it before once.

Liqui Moly Molygen New Generation 5W40

Liqui Moly Molygen New Generation 5W40  |  Rating   Submit Review

Reviewed by Ronleech  |  5th Gear

Decent EO - Smooth Engine/ powering up

Recent service with this EO. Previous servicing was done using shell helix. Engine seems to be much more smooth and quite. Improvement in power of the car. Slight improvement in FC.

Related Product Guide search on sgCarMart.com : Engine Oil

Quick Reply

Tags: amsoil, engine oil, pennzoil and 1 more...

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users