EPS car park gantry - no entry record

Kb27

Some of you may know, but just in case..

Recently got into some situations, when I was coming out of a car park and the barrier refuse to open.

The box says "No entry record"

One time I was lucky, push the intercom button and someone open the barrier.

2nd time was not, nobody answers the intercom and a frustrated queue of cars formed behind and started honking.

Case 1: I was exiting the car park when I got a ping for a pickup. The pickup location was right behind me in another car park. The gantry had open, but I reverse back to go around and exit via another gantry of the same car park. Big mistake. "No enty record", cannot exit.

Case 2: I enter a open air car park, and then want to get out, but the place was blocked with illegal parking. So I saw some space near the entry to the MSCP. I moved forward to reverse. Unfortunately too near the MSCP and the gate open. I didn't go in, but reverse to get out of the open space car park. Again "No entry record"

Now, this is the problem. You are headed into an EPS car park, your IU is recorded. Then when you get out, your IU record is DELETED when the gantry opens.

If the gantry opens and you didn't go through, but reverse back. Your record is DELETED and you can't get out again - No entry record

If a MSCP is fully enclosed within a open air car park EPS, you drive into the MSCP, your open air car park record is DELETED. Only when you exit the MSCP into the open air car park, then you have an entry record.

So the next time, you see an empty lot just besides the exit gantry, be careful when you're reversing into the lot. Go too far forward and you trigger the exit gantry, your entry record is deleted. Then you reverse and parked happily, until you try to get out - No entry record.

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 3

Twincharged

my block downstairs the gantry arm always kenah langah and then fall on the road .... then the parking people will then come and use cable ties to tie it back up again.

you know what i mean ?

Recently got into some situations, when I was coming out of a car park and the barrier refuse to open.

2nd time was not, nobody answers the intercom and a frustrated queue of cars formed behind and started honking.

Case 1: I was exiting the car park when I got a ping for a pickup. The pickup location was right behind me in another car park. The gantry had open, but I reverse back to go around and exit via another gantry of the same car park. Big mistake. "No enty record", cannot exit.

Case 2: I enter a open air car park, and then want to get out, but the place was blocked with illegal parking. So I saw some space near the entry to the MSCP. I moved forward to reverse. Unfortunately too near the MSCP and the gate open. I didn't go in, but reverse to get out of the open space car park. Again "No entry record"

Now, this is the problem. You are headed into an EPS car park, your IU is recorded. Then when you get out, your IU record is DELETED when the gantry opens.

If the gantry opens and you didn't go through, but reverse back. Your record is DELETED and you can't get out again - No entry record

If a MSCP is fully enclosed within a open air car park EPS, you drive into the MSCP, your open air car park record is DELETED. Only when you exit the MSCP into the open air car park, then you have an entry record.

So the next time, you see an empty lot just besides the exit gantry, be careful when you're reversing into the lot. Go too far forward and you trigger the exit gantry, your entry record is deleted. Then you reverse and parked happily, until you try to get out - No entry record.

Experience the same as case 1. No choice but to tailgate.

my block downstairs the gantry arm always kenah langah and then fall on the road .... then the parking people will then come and use cable ties to tie it back up again.

you know what i mean ?

Most of the time if you notice, the arm will get shorter once they fix back.

Those cars that just went thru the barrier I believe because no answer on the intercom and unable to do anything.

This is not the frustrating part. In places say a mall when the EPS is mulfunctioning, eg. able to detect some cars but not all cars' IU, there's a long queue forming but the person in-charge of the parking system just come down and see see look look and dan went off. WTF?!

The reason the fellow went off is most likely he saw that some cars are able to exit w/o issue. But what he don't know is that some cars experience "no entry record". Had to call the hp number pasted at the gantry to contact someone. How frustrating.

There are also good ppl who recognised there's an issue with the system and had caused  jam in the carpark the officer off the system and open up the barrier.

These 2 cases happen to me recently. I can't help but think the eps got an update and it has a virus in it. And dan this thread pop up. [laugh]

Once I was trying to exit but no entry data was recorded and I called the numbers only too be rebuked by the cso that refused to hear my explaination and hanged up on me.

Called again but no answer.

I left through the exit with the barrier lifted up manually.

Both cases you know that you already activated the exit gantry. But you insist on reversing instead of going forward, just like those parking cheaters.

And if you are telling me you need to activate the exit gantry to park, i suggest you go brush up on parking.

Then when you are ready to exit, you blame the system ? 

Selfish people cause inconvenience to other road users. 

• Praise 1

Twincharged

Called again but no answer.

I left through the exit with the barrier lifted up manually.

manually as in .... ?? [pirate]

anyway, in most cases when they answer you on the intercom, they will just activate the armlift and let you pass with no questions asked.

manually as in .... ?? [pirate]

anyway, in most cases when they answer you on the intercom, they will just activate the armlift and let you pass with no questions asked.

that indian lady that attended to me was really in foul mood. Kana F for no reason...haiz

the open air carpark outside East Village Simpang Bedok.....

if you wish to park at the last lot, you pass by the lot and angle to reverse, you'll activate the exit gantry and it'll lift up.

all the best when leaving. 

• Praise 3

Turbocharged

if you wish to park at the last lot, you pass by the lot and angle to reverse, you'll activate the exit gantry and it'll lift up.

Goldhill plaza also the same. Last lot, beside the exit gantry.

These Carpark management are useless. Complaint to them also no use.

Tell me not to drive too near to the exit.

Really  :a-confused:

Edited by Mcf777
  • Praise 1

Twincharged

that reminds me of a story ... many years ago ...

when I started driving, not sure how the EPS works at the hotels. attended a function at The Plaza and was given complimentary ticket to exit the carpark.

when I left, I drove right up to the gantry and then "beep" ... my card was deducted !! I did not know that I had to remove my card before approaching the gantry so to insert the complimentary card into the reader.

• Praise 2

that reminds me of a story ... many years ago ...

when I started driving, not sure how the EPS works at the hotels. attended a function at The Plaza and was given complimentary ticket to exit the carpark.

when I left, I drove right up to the gantry and then "beep" ... my card was deducted !! I did not know that I had to remove my card before approaching the gantry so to insert the complimentary card into the reader.

you not alone, happens to me before also.  [laugh]  [laugh]  [laugh]

I think its good with this thread that now more of such car parks are brought up to attention, take note when we are there guys.  ^_^

Twincharged

there is another practice whereby you are only given a certain amount of free parking instead of totally free parking.

eg, Thomson Medical and bizhub @ changi city.

same thing almost; remove your card, approach the reader then you have to put in the limited card to deduct the free parking amount. Following then insert your cashcard to deduct the balance.

I though it was totally free when it was $3 parking at TMC ... so I stay put at the gantry wondering whist the arm did not lift after I put in the compli ticket.

Edited by Ysc3

there is another practice whereby you are only given a certain amount of free parking instead of totally free parking.

eg, Thomson Medical and bizhub @ changi city.

same thing almost; remove your card, approach the reader then you have to put in the limited card to deduct the free parking amount. Following then insert your cashcard to deduct the balance.

I though it was totally free when it was $3 parking at TMC ... so I stay put at the gantry wondering whist the arm did not lift after I put in the compli ticket.

Park royal Kitchener road also, dine therr and only free for two hrs.

Why I post this thread is to share what I found out, albeit much later.

If I'd known earlier I'd not be caught in that situation.

For those who thinks I want to cheat gantry, read properly.

I shall not discussed that further.

The point is, if you accidentally trigger the exit gantry in any situation (like trying to reverse park), you must passed through it. Otherwise, your entry record is DELETED and you'll be caught in a "No entry record" situation and starts wondering why it happen to you.

Granted, there may be cases of defective IU or cashcard or even some EPS system detecting the same cashcard needed to enter and exit. But most EPS system detects your IU s/n.

Both cases you know that you already activated the exit gantry. But you insist on reversing instead of going forward, just like those parking cheaters.

And if you are telling me you need to activate the exit gantry to park, i suggest you go brush up on parking.

Then when you are ready to exit, you blame the system ? 

Selfish people cause inconvenience to other road users. 

relax lah. TS just shared his less-than-happy experience. best is to learn to avoid it next time. 

↡ Advertisement