Intermittent Fasting (the IF warrior)

Tianmo

Good morning!

Had my HIIT run yesterday night.

Today having cold storage salad with my home made oats.

Looking forward to it!

Weight wise still 0.5kg to BMI 25.

Tomorrow will be going for lipid test. Last test in dec 2017 shows total cholesterol of 306. Hopefully these 5 months of healthy eating has lowered it...

↡ Advertisement

Hypersonic

Yeah probably because of lack of exercise dropped my stamina.

I am fasting full day today following the muslim timing. WML!

are u muslim?

If not, then i don't recommend doing the fasting window during most of the waking hours.

Main reason is that the circadian rhythm of most humans should fall into the waking hours. So at night, your insulin resistance is actually higher. Eating your large meals or even OMAD then would at least reduce the potential benefits of the fasting.

For their religious purposes and due to the origin of the ramadan fasting window (weather in the middle east must have some role to play in the origins), then it's fine.

It's probably the main reason why i think the Muslim ritual of fasting during ramadan doesn't actually improve diabetes control much.

Simply cos it's done at the wrong time and u are loading the body up when it's meant to be asleep.

Same reason as why heavy suppers are bad for u. Cos most people's cells have their own circardian rhythms as evidence has now shown.

• Praise 4

are u muslim?

If not, then i don't recommend doing the fasting window during most of the waking hours.

Main reason is that the circadian rhythm of most humans should fall into the waking hours. So at night, your insulin resistance is actually higher. Eating your large meals or even OMAD then would at least reduce the potential benefits of the fasting.

For their religious purposes and due to the origin of the ramadan fasting window (weather in the middle east must have some role to play in the origins), then it's fine.

It's probably the main reason why i think the Muslim ritual of fasting during ramadan doesn't actually improve diabetes control much.

Simply cos it's done at the wrong time and u are loading the body up when it's meant to be asleep.

Same reason as why heavy suppers are bad for u. Cos most people's cells have their own circardian rhythms as evidence has now shown.

Definitely agree with you on this!

The best approach for me has been the one I've been able to consistently sustain over the past year, which is a Leangains 16-hour fast & 8-hour feeding window. It took a while to experiment with different methods and due to my work schedule, it has been the one to benefit me the most. I usually wake up, workout, and then have a late breakfast at about 11 am. 

• Praise 3

Good morning all !

Achieved BMI 25 this morning.

Been a good 4 months for this amazing 10kg weight loss.

Hope you are motivated too!

Now searching for good belts and new pants...good problem though...

• Praise 1

Hypersonic

Good morning all !

After achieving BMI 25 yesterday, the weight continues to come down. Oh no...haha...

Got some studies on IF increasing risk of type 2 diabetes here :

https://www.google.com.sg/amp/s/amp.businessinsider.com/fasting-diets-could-increase-the-risk-of-diabetes-according-to-a-new-study-2018-5

if these aren't obese rats and are normal weight rats, every other day "fasting" is literally equivalent to starvation.

Good morning IF warriors!

My cholesterol results came back yesterday.

Total cholesterol dropped from 306 to 257.

Looking good. Going back for more testing in a few months time.

How is everyone doing in your IF lifestyle?

Me still stuck between 87 to 88kg. Have not been doing my chin ups. Bruised my ribs during a soccer game. Then on Monday, just sprained my finger.

I need more exercise to keep my weight down.

hi folks.

i just started IF journey last week.

IF+ low carb actually.

day time only on coffee ( kosong no sugar). and a dinner with family ( as low carb as possible, usually cze char with no rice if eating out)

any i doing it right?

can't really do any exercise as my left food injured.

91 kg - 31/5/18

• Praise 4

Hypersonic

hi folks.

i just started IF journey last week.

IF+ low carb actually.

day time only on coffee ( kosong no sugar). and a dinner with family ( as low carb as possible, usually cze char with no rice if eating out)

any i doing it right?

can't really do any exercise as my left food injured.

91 kg - 31/5/18

OMAD?

U really need to eat a lot of protein + fibre during that meal. for an average guy, at least 1800-2000 calories.

Or else u are just starving yourself and it's not sustainable.

I don't generally advise daily OMAD for someone who doesn't do his own meal prep. U can look through and see what @tianmo eats for his OMAD.

• Praise 1

(edited)

OMAD?

U really need to eat a lot of protein + fibre during that meal. for an average guy, at least 1800-2000 calories.

Or else u are just starving yourself and it's not sustainable.

I don't generally advise daily OMAD for someone who doesn't do his own meal prep. U can look through and see what @tianmo eats for his OMAD.

What is omad?

Oh one meal a day.

So far it has been ok for me. Not Super hungry and cravings per se.

I try to cook as much as possible but not always possible. So when I eat out I try to Low carb.

Exercise wise can’t really run now. I target 100 sit up and push up every day.

Edited by Little_prince

one meal a day

Good thing is that I really feel more energetic on this diet. Surprisingly less sleepy.

Only thing is I need my coffee c kosong in the morning. I tried Kopi o kosong but too acidic for my reflux

Hypersonic

Good thing is that I really feel more energetic on this diet. Surprisingly less sleepy.

Only thing is I need my coffee c kosong in the morning. I tried Kopi o kosong but too acidic for my reflux

lol i can't even tolerate green tea. I been trying green tea in the afternoons (after i eaten my lunch meal) twice a fortnight ago. And it made my gastritis worse. So stop again.

you rebounded back issit, i vaguely recall u were 80+ 1 year ago

lol i can't even tolerate green tea. I been trying green tea in the afternoons (after i eaten my lunch meal) twice a fortnight ago. And it made my gastritis worse. So stop again.

you rebounded back issit, i vaguely recall u were 80+ 1 year ago

yeah. quit smoking liao then weight ballooned =(

• Praise 3