Intermittent Fasting (the IF warrior)

Tianmo

thanks bro TM for the heads up.

darn.....now i eat breakfast feel so guilty....hahhahhahahhahahhah

Not bad leh, you manage more than 16 hrs?  [thumbsup]

aiya, when is feeding time, just eat lah.

Enjoy your food, and then keep to your fast.  ^_^  [laugh]  [laugh]

↡ Advertisement

Got do IF even if it is not regular, also better than not doing. At least there's a long duration on uninterrupted low insulin.

Ya. My wife always ask me why I skip breakfast/lunch on weekends I duuno how to explain to her. lol. Another method I try is to reduce carbo intake for dinner. Just a small scope of rice will do.

Supporters of intermittent fasting think its not just the calorie restriction they seek, its that the body goes into a kind of repair mode when starved of food intake for a certain period.

Its not pseudoscience, lots of peer-reviewed research on the web.

I started IF recently to reduce HBP and obesity... i mean i can reduce my weight through eating less, but if IF helps repair my long-abused organs naturally as well, especially the brain, then its a bonus

Not sure if the link will show up but fasting increasing HGH - human growth hormones, allowing unto burn more fat and preserve muscle mass

https://idmprogram.com/fasting-and-growth-hormone-physiology-part-3/

See this

My main concern  is how my empty stomach would react to black coffee. 

I take my black coffee rather strong.

i don't take caffeine while fasted cos i am prone to some gastitis when i do.

But it varies from person to person. caffeine is also a mild appetite suppressant.

I started IF on exactly 1 July this year, about 3 months ago. Before that, I was on a Low/no carb diet which I found very hard to maintain. At that point, even on a Low carb diet, my body fat was 27.7%. Problem was sticking with the diet cuz I like to eat. I especially like to eat desserts, Prata, chips etc.

After 3 months of IF, my body fat has fallen to 19.2%. This is with eating mooncakes, ice cream etc. And other treats on a regular basis. All the things I love.

Over time, I have found that although I have lost fat, my muscle mass weight has been maintained, even going up a little. I am now sold on IF and can probably carry on with this eating pattern indefinitely, with an occasional break from it once every 3-4 Weeks, when I go for a Prata breakfast.

post-17237-0-84954600-1507085510_thumb.jpg

• Praise 7

Got cheat days or not huh?? If got occasion need to go for impromptu makan session then how? 

when i'm out with family and friends, i eat as per normal. 

I would say usually i follow the schedule about 5-6 days/week. Of course there are times i follow the schedule for weeks in a row.

Wkends or my off days, i just eat as per normal.

Turbocharged

subscribed!!

1st day trying IF. last food last nite ard 8+ pm. morning had tea only. now cannot tahan liao. gonna eat now. so its abt 14hr. can or not? body need some adjusment.

• Praise 1

subscribed!!

1st day trying IF. last food last nite ard 8+ pm. morning had tea only. now cannot tahan liao. gonna eat now. so its abt 14hr. can or not? body need some adjusment.

i started with 12-14hrs too.

yes for guys, the benefits start showing at about 14hrs. ladies unfortunately need to go for 16hrs.

Got cheat days or not huh?? If got occasion need to go for impromptu makan session then how? 

I don't really like using the word "cheat'.

I would rather call it a treat.

Why give a negative connotation to something so integral to your life (like meals). No real need to have a guilt trip just cos you treated yourself, unless u really binge dao siao.

Positivism or a contented outlook lowers your cortisol and ultimately helps you keep your weight in check.

subscribed!!

Take your time to adjust to the timing.

subscribed!!

many teenage nowadays finish dinner at 7pm+, sleep till 11am and had lunch at noon, easily doing IF everyday during school holiday   [laugh]  [smash]

• Praise 2

Turbocharged

yes for guys, the benefits start showing at about 14hrs. ladies unfortunately need to go for 16hrs.

I don't really like using the word "cheat'.

I would rather call it a treat.

Why give a negative connotation to something so integral to your life (like meals). No real need to have a guilt trip just cos you treated yourself, unless u really binge dao siao.

Positivism or a contented outlook lowers your cortisol and ultimately helps you keep your weight in check.

not sure abt benefit....but sure feel the effect. growling stomach! LOL!

Take your time to adjust to the timing.

yeah....sure will. but will try to last at least 12-14hr for first few days. 

many teenage nowadays finish dinner at 7pm+, sleep till 11am and had lunch at noon, easily doing IF everyday during school holiday   [laugh]  [smash]

thats me on weekends!  [laugh]

but doctor, will the fasting/starving cause gastric pain/problem or not?

but doctor, will the fasting/starving cause gastric pain/problem or not?

I would be hesitant to promote IF in someone who's skinny and eat irregular meals and have gastritis or ulcers from this.

For me, i was just triggered by caffeine and if i eat too much, this kinda bui bui gastritis can definitely recommend  [laugh]

if you have gastric problems, slowly increase every 1-2 weeks, 12 hr -> 14 hr -> 16 hrs.

I have mild gastritis, so i did this at the start. It took me about couple months of half hearted training on wkends to be able to do 14hrs. 

But for people with more severe problems or gastric ulcers, have to see whether it's suitable.

Edited by Lala81

@jman888

Most people confuse hunger pangs with real gastric discomfort which do come if u don't eat once in a while. 

hunger pangs come in waves over 15-30mins, usually we drink water and just ignore and do something else we'll be fine.

If i experience bloatedness, persistent burping or feeling like something uncomfortable/stuck at the top of the abdomen, then i would break my fast and eat something.

Doesn't happen often during 16hr fasts unless i drank english tea, i've encountered it sometimes when doing like 20-24hr

Edited by Lala81

Most people confuse hunger pangs with real gastric discomfort which do come if u don't eat once in a while. 

hunger pangs come in waves over 15-30mins, usually we drink water and just ignore and do something else we'll be fine.

If i experience bloatedness, persistent burping or feeling like something uncomfortable/stuck at the top of the abdomen, then i would break my fast and eat something.

Doesn't happen often during 16hr fasts unless i drank english tea, i've encountered it sometimes when doing like 20-24hr

my stomach will feel very empty and uncomfortable if i miss the 'normal' meal time   [laugh]

my stomach will feel very empty and uncomfortable if i miss the 'normal' meal time   [laugh]

u quite trim for your age lah. haha just do what you've been doing  [:p]

↡ Advertisement