• Search this thread
  • Reply to this topic
21 replies to this topic | 40 praises

Posted 06 October 2017 - 02:46 PM

Kb27
  • Premium member
    Kb27
    2Fast2Furious
    The points of the user determines the rank. The higher the points, the higher the rank.
    Author Image
    The bar represents the rank and points of the user. The longer the bar, the higher the rank and points.

Points are accumulated from other users who Praise or Disliked this users' posts.

Samsung smartphone explodes in man's pocket 

This is the terrifying moment a man's smartphone explodes in his front shirt pocket.

Hotel supervisor Yulianto, 47, was waiting in the lobby of the building when he suddenly felt the device heat up.

He reached up to the phone in his front pocket but moments later it erupts in a fireball.

CCTV captured the moment the mobile phone exploded and burst into flames at the Hotel Ciputra in Semarang, Indonesia, on September 30.

Yulianto falls to the ground as an onlooker rushes to help him. He then rips off his shirt while it is engulfed in flames.

The hotel worker said he had never had problems with his phone before but suddenly felt it heat up.

He said: ''There was a strong sensation of heat and I felt something start to shake.

''Before I knew what was happening there was fire and I panicked. I took off my shirt as quickly as I could.''

https://www.liveleak...CwOcGHCZwUEF.99

Edited by Kb27, 06 October 2017 - 02:48 PM.

Tianmo and Atrecord praised this

Posted 06 October 2017 - 04:32 PM

Atrecord
  • Premium member
    Atrecord
    NOS-ed
    The points of the user determines the rank. The higher the points, the higher the rank.
    Author Image
    The bar represents the rank and points of the user. The longer the bar, the higher the rank and points.

Points are accumulated from other users who Praise or Disliked this users' posts.

Samsung smartphone explodes in man's pocket 

This is the terrifying moment a man's smartphone explodes in his front shirt pocket.

Hotel supervisor Yulianto, 47, was waiting in the lobby of the building when he suddenly felt the device heat up.

He reached up to the phone in his front pocket but moments later it erupts in a fireball.

CCTV captured the moment the mobile phone exploded and burst into flames at the Hotel Ciputra in Semarang, Indonesia, on September 30.

Yulianto falls to the ground as an onlooker rushes to help him. He then rips off his shirt while it is engulfed in flames.

The hotel worker said he had never had problems with his phone before but suddenly felt it heat up.

He said: ''There was a strong sensation of heat and I felt something start to shake.

''Before I knew what was happening there was fire and I panicked. I took off my shirt as quickly as I could.''

https://www.liveleak...CwOcGHCZwUEF.99

wah sh*t....

i just checked my plan and can recontract in 3 weeks... and am planning to get a note 8...

jialat if this is real...

Tianmo praised this

Posted 06 October 2017 - 04:34 PM

2Fast2Furious
    Author Image

Did they mentioned which samsung phone? 

Clothe yourselves with compassion, kindness, humility, gentleness and patience.
Life is very fragile. Nobody knows what's gonna happen next.

Posted 06 October 2017 - 04:40 PM

Atrecord
  • Premium member
    Atrecord
    NOS-ed
    Author Image

The hotel worker said he had never had problems with his 2013 phone before but suddenly felt it heat up.

Agus Triatmojo, head of public relations at Central Java Regional Police, said: 'The incident happened on September 30. The phone was a Samsung brand and Grand Duos model. The owner was Mr Yulianto, aged 47.

'Mr Yulianto immediately removed his shirt after the phone exploded. He had no significant injuries.'

Samsung has been plagued by more than 100 incidents of exploding phones, causing it ot 

Jo Semidang, Corporate Marketing Director of Samsung Electronics Indonesia, told local media that they were now investigating the incident.

Hopefully the new Note 8 is not going to give problem....

Did they mentioned which samsung phone? 

an old phone...

Posted 06 October 2017 - 04:41 PM

Jman888
  • Jman888

Hopefully the new Note 8 is not going to give problem....

an old phone...

old phone with removable battery, probably replace with MIC battery   [sweatdrop]  [sweatdrop]

骑白马的不一定是王子,可能是唐僧;带翅膀的也不一定是天使,有时候是鸟人。

Posted 06 October 2017 - 04:51 PM

Atrecord
  • Premium member
    Atrecord
    NOS-ed
    Author Image

old phone with removable battery, probably replace with MIC battery   [sweatdrop]  [sweatdrop]

oh yah, you could be right...

Posted 06 October 2017 - 06:53 PM

Count-Bracula
  • Premium member
    Count-Bracula
    2Fast2Furious
    Author Image

OPPO

Uncle2 praised this
Me Newcastle fan

Posted 06 October 2017 - 07:12 PM

Hamburger
  • Premium member
    Hamburger
    2Fast2Furious
    Author Image

Maybe that's why modern day battery is not replaceable like last time.
do to others what you want others to do to you......

Posted 06 October 2017 - 11:41 PM

Kb27
  • Premium member
    Kb27
    2Fast2Furious
    Author Image

Non-replaceable battery does not mean no problem. However, it's more controlled by the phone manufacturer, since it's harder to replace with a 3rd party one.

Iphone 8 reports of phone splitting open

http://www.telegraph...splitting-open/

It split open bcuz of bulging battery

The problem is the lithium-ion battery which is vulnerable to runaway overheating.

Edited by Kb27, 06 October 2017 - 11:43 PM.

Posted 07 October 2017 - 02:11 AM

DACH
  • DACH
    Turbocharged
    Author Image

Non-replaceable battery does not mean no problem. However, it's more controlled by the phone manufacturer, since it's harder to replace with a 3rd party one.

The problem is the lithium-ion battery which is vulnerable to runaway overheating.

These batteries, apparently some of them, are supplied by Samsung.

Dream car: Lamborghini Murcielago 6.2

Posted 07 October 2017 - 03:32 AM

Ct3833
  • Ct3833
    6th Gear
    Author Image

This is surely not captured by a CCTV, the camera is not secured stationary but keeps moving while filming.
Im addition, why would someone wants to film a person for nothing unless he is expecting something to happen ? The one capturing the clip was expecting the explosion to happen ?
Did the guy wear the white T shirt for protection purpose while filming?

Posted 07 October 2017 - 05:23 AM

Cauldron
  • Cauldron
    4th Gear
    Author Image

This is surely not captured by a CCTV, the camera is not secured stationary but keeps moving while filming.
Im addition, why would someone wants to film a person for nothing unless he is expecting something to happen ? The one capturing the clip was expecting the explosion to happen ?
Did the guy wear the white T shirt for protection purpose while filming?

The camera was filming on a monitor replaying the beedio.

Posted 07 October 2017 - 07:00 AM

Ysc3
  • Premium member
    Ysc3
    6th Gear
    Author Image

树大招风

without googling, anyone heard any serious problems with other brands ?

Posted 07 October 2017 - 08:16 AM

Ct3833
  • Ct3833
    6th Gear
    Author Image

The camera was filming on a monitor replaying the beedio.

Thanks for pointing that out! Now i see it.

Someone pointed out in yahoo saying his Indo friend told him it was because of a lighter leak in the same pocket that resulted in the explosion. If that was true, it could be because the phone was over heated to cause the lighter gas to expand and then leak.

Posted 07 October 2017 - 11:38 AM

Lala81
  • Lala81
    2Fast2Furious
    Author Image

Someone pointed out in yahoo saying his Indo friend told him it was because of a lighter leak in the same pocket that resulted in the explosion. If that was true, it could be because the phone was over heated to cause the lighter gas to expand and then leak.

The way the incident happened, i would also be inclined to believe theres some flammable liquid/gas combustion. 

Posted 07 October 2017 - 12:33 PM

Hamburger
  • Premium member
    Hamburger
    2Fast2Furious
    Author Image

What ever it is, just don't put the hp in the front pocket.
AltisOwner praised this
do to others what you want others to do to you......

Posted 07 October 2017 - 12:37 PM

Kangadrool
  • Premium member
    Kangadrool
    2Fast2Furious
    Author Image

Put in milo tin. Phone rings will rattle... Phone explodes will protect...

1 Anonymous member praised this

Posted 07 October 2017 - 03:00 PM

Nzy
  • Premium member
    Nzy
    2Fast2Furious
    Author Image

I also think somethink was leaking then the phone ignited it. My Note 7 did catch fire and it doesn't burn like that. It gets really hot and the phone bloats up first before you see the flames. So he would have felt a burning feeling before the flames came out.

My iphone also burn the same way. Slowly bloat up and get super hot first before bursting into flames.

Edited by Nzy, 07 October 2017 - 03:00 PM.

Posted 07 October 2017 - 06:46 PM

Kangadrool
  • Premium member
    Kangadrool
    2Fast2Furious
    Author Image

I think sealed phone and water resistant phone is a bad idea. Heat got nowhere to escape. Need radiator and coolant installed. LOL. [laugh]

I prefer aircooled phones.

The most satisfying phones I have so far are 1. cheap 2. removable back and battery 3. light 4. polycarbonate built. [thumbsup] Cost less than $199 contract-free.

Edited by Kangadrool, 07 October 2017 - 06:48 PM.

Posted 07 October 2017 - 06:49 PM

Jman888
  • Jman888

I think sealed phone and water resistant phone is a bad idea. Heat got nowhere to escape. Need radiator and coolant installed. LOL. [laugh]

I prefer aircooled phones.

The most satisfying phones I have so far are 1. cheap 2. removable back and battery 3. light 4. polycarbonate built. [thumbsup] Cost less than $199 contract-free.

that's why mostly is waterproof, if it heat up, soak it in the water [laugh]
Stratovarius and Newbie26 praised this
骑白马的不一定是王子,可能是唐僧;带翅膀的也不一定是天使,有时候是鸟人。

Back to Lite & EZ  ·  Non-Car Related Top Reply to this topic

Quick Reply

Tags: samsung, phone, explodes, fire and 1 more...

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users