Samsung phone explodes and catch fire

Kb27

Samsung smartphone explodes in man's pocket 

This is the terrifying moment a man's smartphone explodes in his front shirt pocket.

Hotel supervisor Yulianto, 47, was waiting in the lobby of the building when he suddenly felt the device heat up.

He reached up to the phone in his front pocket but moments later it erupts in a fireball.

CCTV captured the moment the mobile phone exploded and burst into flames at the Hotel Ciputra in Semarang, Indonesia, on September 30.

Yulianto falls to the ground as an onlooker rushes to help him. He then rips off his shirt while it is engulfed in flames.

The hotel worker said he had never had problems with his phone before but suddenly felt it heat up.

He said: ''There was a strong sensation of heat and I felt something start to shake.

''Before I knew what was happening there was fire and I panicked. I took off my shirt as quickly as I could.''

https://www.liveleak.com/view?i=89c_1507219095#TExZCwOcGHCZwUEF.99

Edited by Kb27
↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 2

Samsung smartphone explodes in man's pocket 

This is the terrifying moment a man's smartphone explodes in his front shirt pocket.

Hotel supervisor Yulianto, 47, was waiting in the lobby of the building when he suddenly felt the device heat up.

He reached up to the phone in his front pocket but moments later it erupts in a fireball.

CCTV captured the moment the mobile phone exploded and burst into flames at the Hotel Ciputra in Semarang, Indonesia, on September 30.

Yulianto falls to the ground as an onlooker rushes to help him. He then rips off his shirt while it is engulfed in flames.

The hotel worker said he had never had problems with his phone before but suddenly felt it heat up.

He said: ''There was a strong sensation of heat and I felt something start to shake.

''Before I knew what was happening there was fire and I panicked. I took off my shirt as quickly as I could.''

https://www.liveleak.com/view?i=89c_1507219095#TExZCwOcGHCZwUEF.99

wah sh*t....

i just checked my plan and can recontract in 3 weeks... and am planning to get a note 8...

jialat if this is real...

• Praise 1

The hotel worker said he had never had problems with his 2013 phone before but suddenly felt it heat up.

Agus Triatmojo, head of public relations at Central Java Regional Police, said: 'The incident happened on September 30. The phone was a Samsung brand and Grand Duos model. The owner was Mr Yulianto, aged 47.

'Mr Yulianto immediately removed his shirt after the phone exploded. He had no significant injuries.'

Samsung has been plagued by more than 100 incidents of exploding phones, causing it ot 

Jo Semidang, Corporate Marketing Director of Samsung Electronics Indonesia, told local media that they were now investigating the incident.

Hopefully the new Note 8 is not going to give problem....

Did they mentioned which samsung phone? 

an old phone...

Hopefully the new Note 8 is not going to give problem....

an old phone...

old phone with removable battery, probably replace with MIC battery   [sweatdrop]  [sweatdrop]

(edited)

Non-replaceable battery does not mean no problem. However, it's more controlled by the phone manufacturer, since it's harder to replace with a 3rd party one.

Iphone 8 reports of phone splitting open

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/technology/2017/10/02/apple-investigates-reports-iphone-8-phones-splitting-open/

It split open bcuz of bulging battery

The problem is the lithium-ion battery which is vulnerable to runaway overheating.

Edited by Kb27

Non-replaceable battery does not mean no problem. However, it's more controlled by the phone manufacturer, since it's harder to replace with a 3rd party one.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/technology/2017/10/02/apple-investigates-reports-iphone-8-phones-splitting-open/

The problem is the lithium-ion battery which is vulnerable to runaway overheating.

These batteries, apparently some of them, are supplied by Samsung.

This is surely not captured by a CCTV, the camera is not secured stationary but keeps moving while filming.

Im addition, why would someone wants to film a person for nothing unless he is expecting something to happen ? The one capturing the clip was expecting the explosion to happen ?

Did the guy wear the white T shirt for protection purpose while filming?

This is surely not captured by a CCTV, the camera is not secured stationary but keeps moving while filming.

Im addition, why would someone wants to film a person for nothing unless he is expecting something to happen ? The one capturing the clip was expecting the explosion to happen ?

Did the guy wear the white T shirt for protection purpose while filming?

The camera was filming on a monitor replaying the beedio.

Twincharged

树大招风

without googling, anyone heard any serious problems with other brands ?

The camera was filming on a monitor replaying the beedio.

Thanks for pointing that out! Now i see it.

Someone pointed out in yahoo saying his Indo friend told him it was because of a lighter leak in the same pocket that resulted in the explosion. If that was true, it could be because the phone was over heated to cause the lighter gas to expand and then leak.

Someone pointed out in yahoo saying his Indo friend told him it was because of a lighter leak in the same pocket that resulted in the explosion. If that was true, it could be because the phone was over heated to cause the lighter gas to expand and then leak.

The way the incident happened, i would also be inclined to believe theres some flammable liquid/gas combustion. 

Twincharged

I also think somethink was leaking then the phone ignited it. My Note 7 did catch fire and it doesn't burn like that. It gets really hot and the phone bloats up first before you see the flames. So he would have felt a burning feeling before the flames came out.

My iphone also burn the same way. Slowly bloat up and get super hot first before bursting into flames.

Edited by Nzy
↡ Advertisement