Feedback on Michelin PS3

Crazy_turtle

Hi

Just wanted to share my bad experience with these tyres.

I drive a Volvo V60. My stock tyres were the Michelin Primacy which lasted me 2 years. After reading reviews online I decided to try the PS3, 17inch 45. Changed in Mar this year, did balancing and alignment, all at Kim Hoe.

Tyres never felt better than the stock tyres, maybe its just not right for the V60. A lot of flexing, even without hard cornering.

Threads gone by end of Sep, after only 6 months and 12k. And yes I made sure that the pressures were regularly checked 

Just changed to the P7. Fingers crossed

Very very bad experience. I owned cars for the last 14 years and this was the worst ever experience

To be fair to Kim Hoe, I chose these on my own but boy was I wrong

and just to make clear, this is just my honest experience. 

:a-bang:

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1

The PS3 is old stock. It has been PS4 for the last year or so. I am on PS4, and am very pleased with the improvement over the stock Primacy HP which I used for the last 2.5 years. 

Twincharged

Yeah PS4 was available in many sizes since early last year. So ps3 must be at least 2 years or more manufacture. Even then I fail to see why it would wear so fast.

Edited by Mkl22

Hi

I drive a Volvo V60. My stock tyres were the Michelin Primacy which lasted me 2 years. After reading reviews online I decided to try the PS3, 17inch 45. Changed in Mar this year, did balancing and alignment, all at Kim Hoe.

Tyres never felt better than the stock tyres, maybe its just not right for the V60. A lot of flexing, even without hard cornering.

Threads gone by end of Sep, after only 6 months and 12k. And yes I made sure that the pressures were regularly checked 

Very very bad experience. I owned cars for the last 14 years and this was the worst ever experience

Bro, 

That's the price you paid for buying older generation tire...PS3 launched in 2010...more than 7 years old.

Even PS4 is consider old as it is launched 2 years ago.

Do not take safety for granted and buy cheaper/older tire. 

Apologies guys .... i made a boo boo

It's not the PS3. Infact its the PS4 that i used. 

Bro Imac's post made me go a look at my SMS with the tyre shop. 

By the way all was done at a reputable shop

Appreciate if someone can let me know how to change/delte my initial post

PS3 (which I used several sets) or the new PS4, how can they last u only 6 months.

You drive in Area-D ?

PS3 used to last me about 1.5 years each.  DId u inflate properly.  what tyre pressure are u using.  I suspect u under inflate.

Edited by Ahbengdriver

PS3 (which I used several sets) or the new PS4, how can they last u only 6 months.

You drive in Area-D ?

PS3 used to last me about 1.5 years each.  DId u inflate properly.  what tyre pressure are u using.  I suspect u under inflate.

Ai yo .... already said i got check pressure ... 260 front 240 behind

Apologies guys .... i made a boo boo

It's not the PS3. Infact its the PS4 that i used. 

Bro Imac's post made me go a look at my SMS with the tyre shop. 

By the way all was done at a reputable shop

Appreciate if someone can let me know how to change/delte my initial post

may be you can bring your Car back to your Tire shop for  advice , I am sure you deserve some thing from them. 

because over here we only read your descriptions without seeing the actual look 

otherwise if you can provide more information like photos of all 4 tires..

Just for comparison.  My set of Michelin PSS has done 33,000km over 22 months.  Looks like still can go until after CNY 2018. 

So I still cannot figure out how your Michelin PS3 lasted 6 months n gone.  Did you accidentally buy Firestone PS3.

• Praise 1

Hi

Is stock tyre 235/45 17?

If yes, i can't find the size within PS3.

I assume stock tyre is Primacy 3 which carries load index of 97. 

If replacement tyre has lower load index, tyre pressure has to be increase to compensate the lower load index.

Lastly, check P7 whether carries the same load index as Primacy.  If not, must rem to pump more air.

I use PS2 and PS3 and both are best value tyre Ive tried. Breaking at wet is good and sidewall is not too hard for a low profile tyre. Clock over 45K with rotation every 10K... replaced when tyre hit the wear indicator (around 20% left). Never tried PS4 so I cant really comment.