Is it worthwhile to PI in a BMW/Mercs from Malaysia?

Jwee85

Just thinking out loud.

Malaysia is assembling many local BMW/Mercs.

Not sure is the selling pricing 'cheap' or not, but sure can have special arrangement right?

Also the shipping cost will likely be low, compared to shipping it from Japan/UK.

Possible to get cheap PI cars from Malaysia?

Why not?

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 3

sounds logically right

if it’s viable and profitable

local PI could have done many years already

there must be a reason why they dont do it

if can ... can get the car from JB and just shipped across the causeway

bro, shipping doesnt cost much. one car from uk is just 1k or slightly more.

assembled car is malaysia is due to CBU policy and i think LTA states certain import countries only.

All cars from country of origin are "cheap" but it is our tax system that is costly.

Get the 520 at 170-180k instead of PML 200+

but PML has a lot of overtrade and discount. So compare the best price.

The opinion of why i prefer (if i choose) to import is I want full spec, no frill package which only importing it will provide access to such option. I reckon the OMV is higher too.

Warranty can be purchased from Liberty or OW at low cost.

Just thinking out loud.

Malaysia is assembling many local BMW/Mercs.

Not sure is the selling pricing 'cheap' or not, but sure can have special arrangement right?

Also the shipping cost will likely be low, compared to shipping it from Japan/UK.

Possible to get cheap PI cars from Malaysia?

Why not?

did i hear buy OW warranty at low cost?

low cost is low cost for a reason ... muahahaha

seriously, if buy entry or mass market model like 520/528, C180/200, E200, etc - just get from AD ... the savings really does not correlate wtih the risks and warranty and the resell price

PI is only gooe for high specs that AD dont bring in or very limited units with chop Robert pricing for high specs and customised specs

Edited by Wt_know
  • Praise 1

Singaporean only like BMW/Merc from Germany.

I had compared E39 from Dingolfing vs Malaysia SKD.  There are differences in equipment and finishing.

Only high end model cars are worth the difference in price n hassle.  An E92 M3 years back retails for 360k at Performance Motors.  PI could bring it in at around 295k. 

Only high end model cars are worth the difference in price n hassle.  An E92 M3 years back retails for 360k at Performance Motors.  PI could bring it in at around 295k. 

What's the diff in option?

what about this? PI is a good buy?

PA - $240K

PI - $201K (S line) [thumbsup]

you cant use SG carmart price to compare. PA may have some over trade (discount) and some extended warranty. typically PI very standard warranty and no over trade. so the difference wont be that great maybe within 20k.  so ppl will still go for PA for assurance

Twincharged

Best is to import a plug in hybrid merc from uk. Whack CEVS rebate until song song. Come sg just drive as if petrol car.

till you are royally screwed by LTA, if one day they decide that cars with huge lithium batteries must be inspected for road safety by the local authorized  workshop. similar to what happened to CNG cars. for Mercedes CNG they can only go back to C&C.

till you are royally screwed by LTA, if one day they decide that cars with huge lithium batteries must be inspected for road safety by the local authorized  workshop. similar to what happened to CNG cars. for Mercedes CNG they can only go back to C&C.

mai spread fear la, it only needs to be inspected by authorized inspection centre, not the authorized distributor of the brand. Local merc forum people got it done at vicom.

↡ Advertisement