Sing! China (fka Voice of China) 2017

Ben5266

For Joanna Dong, I did not know her background is singing.

I watched Ch U programme where she go overseas to explore their culture then I noted wah, this host has a very pleasant voice to listen. Good candicate to be a radio DJ.

Googled her and realise she is also into singing jazz.

↡ Advertisement

Entertainment is business, any logical business, let alone Chinese businesses, will put money into market that buy things. Singapore market is small - fine, and it's also a market that never buy it's own talents, only AMTK talents - if anyone even pays anything for music. Do people remember reading this news article about how our local pubs are advertising to hire "free musicians", "perform for free" like it is privilege. This is how sad we are as a society supporting our own people.

Hollywood uses Chinese actors and actresses as a means to access the China market, because the Chinese viewers pays and buys these things. If nobody buys then nobody will invest money into a losing business. So our people have to export their talents to places where people actually pays respectfully for their work - e.g. China, Taiwan.

Who what?? China? Land of the counterfeits? Pay respectfully for work? Yea right...

• Praise 1

funny how come éå¥è¿ didnt want him. [laugh] [laugh][laugh]

he couldn't understand the style or he doesn't know what to do with him [laugh]
  • Dislike 1

this season is so bloody depressing to watch .. 

NO ONE stands out! 

agree, not very impressive. Maybe our expectation getting higher and higher  [laugh]  [laugh]

A few names to look out for

叶炫清

陈颖恩

希林娜依高

董姿彦

扎西平惜

lol 措 la 

agree, not very impressive. Maybe our expectation getting higher and higher  [laugh]  [laugh]

i still watch... only becoz eason is god darn funny when paired with jay chou..  

the banter is top class...  

last week still didn't put 董姿彦 to compete, Jay Chou left with the least singers in his team among the other group   [sweatdrop]  [sweatdrop]

Eason's team quite strong with more talent.

i dont know if i blur....  but i was in taipei.... i seem to recall seeing that the singers that were eliminated would come back in a new group under 薛之謙 to PK the 4 existing groups....  

but i cant find the news .... so... im not sure ah... 

Being a performing musician in Sg is very tough. I think I saw a blog post/column by Jeremy monteiro before. Even though he taught music, he said he couldn't honestly recommend his students to follow that path. Cos it's just incredibly tough in sg.

董姿彦 finally appear, wipe out the duel opponents with 47 to 4 votes. She has great showmanship on stage like 向洋.

She was good... but the gap should nt hv been that big la... the duet was good.. the final ko performance from them is better. Albeit still lost..

Anyways I think voting shld stop once someone crosses the 26 votes mark...

• Praise 1

Being a performing musician in Sg is very tough. I think I saw a blog post/column by Jeremy monteiro before. Even though he taught music, he said he couldn't honestly recommend his students to follow that path. Cos it's just incredibly tough in sg.

the only way to success in Singing is to go Taiwan or China (up fast down also fast)
  • Praise 1

董姿彦 finally appear, wipe out the duel opponents with 47 to 4 votes. She has great showmanship on stage like 向洋.

Her voice is 100 x better than Nathan. 

Showmanship wise, agree both are about there. 

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1