Sing! China (fka Voice of China) 2017

Ben5266

Style aside, both finalists' vocals were clearly superior to Joanna's. But it was a big accomplishment already for her to finish third against so many competitors.

Happy to see the judges and crowd affirm the Tibetan guy's performance in the finale. The 17-year old girl was clearly the public's favourite judging by her phone votes, but she was just cruising and came off a bit one-dimensional in all her three performances. The guy however really blew me away in his final song, showing his versatility with a more modern style.  

↡ Advertisement

so was Nathan last year, anyway Dong's performance wasn't that good since the 1st & 2nd appearance, i think probably due to the selection of songs in last few rounds.

Yeah. So far I only liked her 情人的眼泪+Open Arms cover. Her version is beautiful.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uC3_H0K21x0

Can never get sick of it. DL into my collection of MVs to be played in the car.

• Praise 1

Joanna certainly has done us proud. Easy to say lah but she's up against some good voices.

To me music is subjective, like art. The genres itself will already have own "supporters".

But she's talented and hopefully this competition will offer her the opportunity to develop further in her music and perhaps give the world something uniquely hers.

I do miss some really old time vocals, long passed on. Felt like a void that's not able to be filled. Haiz...only via CDs and the likes, that one can listen at one's own time.

U guys may not agree but I miss the vocals of Roman, Leslie, Anita, Whitney, Pablo. Each touch a cord in my heart that cannot be explained other than their voice stirred a sadness or goose-bumps.

So ya, congrats Joanna. May the world learn to sing with you.

Safe ride

Cheers

• Praise 4

Music is subjective. If you ask me, I will go for rock and pop more than Jazz. Does that mean my taste is more inferior? I don't think so.

The problem with Jazz is that it's about improvisation of an existing song - while new interpretation can be interesting and refreshing, its not the same as hearing a new song with a new melody and lyrics and that is why it is falling behind in popularity. How many times do you want to hear the same songs that has already been done before right? - ok I know the expression and interpretation is different but its still riding on other people's song  I have nothing against Jazz as a genre but the Jazz musicians IMHO seems lazy to continue to write and pen new songs and just wanna to work off other people's works.

Joanna certainly has done us proud. Easy to say lah but she's up against some good voices.

To me music is subjective, like art. The genres itself will already have own "supporters".

But she's talented and hopefully this competition will offer her the opportunity to develop further in her music and perhaps give the world something uniquely hers.

I do miss some really old time vocals, long passed on. Felt like a void that's not able to be filled. Haiz...only via CDs and the likes, that one can listen at one's own time.

U guys may not agree but I miss the vocals of Roman, Leslie, Anita, Whitney, Pablo. Each touch a cord in my heart that cannot be explained other than their voice stirred a sadness or goose-bumps.

So ya, congrats Joanna. May the world learn to sing with you.

Safe ride

Cheers

I think you can find a lot of oldies in YouTube!

I don't understand cantonese and was born way after his peak fame. But i still appreciate Roman's singing.

Whitney also one of a kind. A true diva.

• Praise 2

I don't understand cantonese and was born way after his peak fame. But i still appreciate Roman's singing.

Whitney also one of a kind. A true diva.

Roman's known for singing HK TV serial theme songs . . . . my fav is  "Small Lee Flying Dagger" [laugh]  

• Praise 3

Na Ying quits as Sing! China mentor amid talk that the show may be rigged

HONG KONG - Chinese pop star Na Ying is quitting as mentor of Sing! China, amid revelations that the television singing contest might be rigged.

In a statement issued on Weibo on Wednesday (Oct 11), she said she would leave the show after six seasons. The contest was known as The Voice Of China for four years, before it was renamed Sing! China last year.

Na, the only mentor to have stayed for six seasons, said: "It's time to take a break. In six seasons, I have become more and more profoundly aware that music is fair. The brutal competition system may be the magic weapon of the show, but every time I make a choice, I suffer in my heart, I am mentally and physically exhausted."

Noting that rumours had gone round about her quitting at the end of each season, she said: "This time, it's true."

In the finals of the second season of Sing! China on Sunday, Tibetan Zahi Bing Zo (Zhaxi Pingcuo), a member of Chinese singer Liu Huan's team, won. Hunan contestant Doris Guo of Team Na Ying came in second, and Singaporean Joanna Dong of Team Jay Chou, third.

The fourth mentor, Hong Kong singer Eason Chan, spilled the beans about Sing! China on his ViuTV talk show this month, said Apple Daily.

He said there was a contestant who sang well during an audition, but not well enough for him to push a button and choose her. A director told Chan and Na to push their buttons anyway, but the two did not listen, Chan said.

On Wednesday, The Singer director Hong Tao "liked" Na's announcement on Weibo, prompting speculation that he had invited her to join his show as a contestant.

But he later explained that his hand had slipped, and said he could swear he had not made her an offer.

http://www.straitstimes.com/lifestyle/entertainment/na-ying-quits-as-sing-china-mentor-amid-talk-that-the-show-may-be-rigged

The show was rigged ?

I am shocked .... 

I am really shocked ...

I am really really shocked ...

:XD:

post-15968-0-02871700-1507851624_thumb.jpg

• Praise 1

Na Ying quits as Sing! China mentor amid talk that the show may be rigged

HONG KONG - Chinese pop star Na Ying is quitting as mentor of Sing! China, amid revelations that the television singing contest might be rigged.

In a statement issued on Weibo on Wednesday (Oct 11), she said she would leave the show after six seasons. The contest was known as The Voice Of China for four years, before it was renamed Sing! China last year.

Na, the only mentor to have stayed for six seasons, said: "It's time to take a break. In six seasons, I have become more and more profoundly aware that music is fair. The brutal competition system may be the magic weapon of the show, but every time I make a choice, I suffer in my heart, I am mentally and physically exhausted."

Noting that rumours had gone round about her quitting at the end of each season, she said: "This time, it's true."

In the finals of the second season of Sing! China on Sunday, Tibetan Zahi Bing Zo (Zhaxi Pingcuo), a member of Chinese singer Liu Huan's team, won. Hunan contestant Doris Guo of Team Na Ying came in second, and Singaporean Joanna Dong of Team Jay Chou, third.

The fourth mentor, Hong Kong singer Eason Chan,

this month, said Apple Daily.

He said there was a contestant who sang well during an audition, but not well enough for him to push a button and choose her. A director told Chan and Na to push their buttons anyway, but the two did not listen, Chan said.

On Wednesday, The Singer director Hong Tao "liked" Na's announcement on Weibo, prompting speculation that he had invited her to join his show as a contestant.

But he later explained that his hand had slipped, and said he could swear he had not made her an offer.

http://www.straitstimes.com/lifestyle/entertainment/na-ying-quits-as-sing-china-mentor-amid-talk-that-the-show-may-be-rigged

The show was rigged ?

I am shocked ....

I am really shocked ...

I am really really shocked ...

:XD:

This is shocking, extremely shocking. News befitting Friday the 13th.

To me, kelong and China just doesn't match.

more kelong exposed, but this time send the share price tumbling by 50% since last friday because of the show mistreated Coco Lee.

https://www.globaltimes.cn/page/202308/1296675.shtml

TV reality show ‘Voice of China’ swirled in unfairness allegations, producer’s share price tumbling

By Global TimesPublished: Aug 21, 2023 04:55 PM Updated: Aug 21, 2023 04:51 PM

Shares of the parent company of the "The Voice of China", a major reality singing talent show, plunged 30 percent more during trading on Monday, after dropping some 20 percent on Friday, over the latest exposure of a viral audio clip in which the late singer Coco Lee, also a mentor of the show, allegedly made accusations of unfairness against the popular TV show.

Stock price in Star CM Holdings dropped nearly 29 percent on Monday afternoon, continuing the downward trend of a 23-percent plunge on Friday morning.

The show "The Voice of China" has sparked controversy after a 9-minute long audio record has been spread online since Thursday, in which the late pop singer Coco Lee allegedly made accusations of unfairness in the show, and also about herself being badly treated during her time on show.

On Sunday, Zhejiang Media Group, the group which broadcasts the reality show issued a notice to state that it will investigate the case. The group said that it will step up scrutiny of the shows aired on the TV platform, and urged the show producer Star CM Holdings to listen to the public, and upholding fairness and justice.

Recently, a recording has circulated, in which the late singer allegedly accused the show of mistreatment. In the recording, Lee can be heard crying out in distress. Lee was heard asking why a contestant with higher marks faced elimination, while another contestant with lower marks was given a second chance in the show. 

Additionally, the recording revealed that due to her severe leg condition, Lee was unable to stand alone on stage for a long time. Lee expressed her preference to have an assistant to stand by her side during the filming. However, during the recording process, her assistant was called away, leaving her to endure the pain.

Lee committed suicide in early July after suffering from depression for some years.

According to the prospectus released at the time of listing, Star CM Holdings is a variety show creator and operator, including singing, dancing variety shows, talk shows and outdoor variety shows.

• Haha! 2

On 8/22/2023 at 10:06 AM, Jman888 said:

more kelong exposed, but this time send the share price tumbling by 50% since last friday because of the show mistreated Coco Lee.

https://www.globaltimes.cn/page/202308/1296675.shtml

Hakan Lee in trouble as well. Apparently he didn't assist Coco Lee when she fainted. He was beside her. 

Need to find the source. 😞

what is "real" in china

real is fake , fake is real ... take everything with a tiny-mini-pinch of salt

Edited by Wt_know
↡ Advertisement