• Search this thread
  • Reply to this topic
145 replies to this topic | 268 praises

Posted 10 October 2017 - 04:51 PM

Threeleggedman
  • Premium member
    Threeleggedman
    3rd Gear
    The points of the user determines the rank. The higher the points, the higher the rank.
    Author Image
    The bar represents the rank and points of the user. The longer the bar, the higher the rank and points.

Points are accumulated from other users who Praise or Disliked this users' posts.

Hi all,

I need advice on new cars with OMV not exceeding $20,000, equipped with handbrake and has the signal lever on the right side, Any new car models that fit the criteria except Lancer EX? I am not looking at SUVs due to physical limitations.

Thanks

Atrecord, Tianmo and 1 Anonymous member praised this
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
~~~~~~~~~
I am special. The Three Legged Man

Posted 10 October 2017 - 05:12 PM

westwest1
  • Premium member
    westwest1
    Neutral Newbie
    The points of the user determines the rank. The higher the points, the higher the rank.
    Author Image
    The bar represents the rank and points of the user. The longer the bar, the higher the rank and points.

Points are accumulated from other users who Praise or Disliked this users' posts.

honda jazz lor.......

Noob79 and 1 Anonymous member praised this

Posted 10 October 2017 - 05:27 PM

Threeleggedman
  • Premium member
    Threeleggedman
    3rd Gear
    Author Image

honda jazz lor.......

Unfortunately, Jazz is too difficult for me to enter as a driver. I am physically challenged. 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
~~~~~~~~~

Posted 10 October 2017 - 05:29 PM

Tkseah
  • Tkseah
    6th Gear
    Author Image

Toyota Altis?
1 Anonymous member praised this
iHerb discount code - TEC163

Posted 10 October 2017 - 05:33 PM

Threeleggedman
  • Premium member
    Threeleggedman
    3rd Gear
    Author Image

My apologies for not giving more details. I have difficulty bending my legs and I use an elbow crutch. I was looking at Mazda 3, Kia K3 and the EX. I would like to know if there are other models fitting the criteria I have listed. In terms of reliability, which model is better. 

Note: I left out Honda Civic and Toyota Altis because OMV is more than $20,000 according to one.motoring 

1 Anonymous member praised this
~~~~~~~~~

Posted 10 October 2017 - 05:33 PM

Madmax67
  • Madmax67
    1st Gear
    Author Image

signal on left side?  Conti cars?

Posted 10 October 2017 - 05:46 PM

Carbon82
  • Premium member
    Carbon82
    2Fast2Furious
    Author Image

Hi all,

I need advice on new cars with OMV not exceeding $20,000, equipped with handbrake and has the signal lever on the right side, Any new car models that fit the criteria except Lancer EX? I am not looking at SUVs due to physical limitations.

Thanks

Hi bro, most bread and butter model from major Japanese make would fit your needs, e.g. Altis, Mazda 2, Sylphy, City, Swift, Attrage, etc.. May I also know what is your budget and other preference, say brand, hatchback, sedan, estate/wagon, etc....

Toyota Corolla Altis

11448_g49_b.jpg

Mazda 2

Mazda-2-Genki-4.jpg

Nissan Sylphy

Interior-Main.jpg.ximg.l_full_m.smart.jp

Honda City

2017-honda-city-interiors.jpg

Suzuki Swift

2017-Suzuki-Swift-interior-launch-event.

Mitsubishi Attrage

2014_Mitsubishi_Attrage_Interior.jpg

PSP415, Doppel, andrewyewkc, F355, Ysc3, Palmer and 2 Anonymous members praised this
Behaviour shapes attitudes, and over a period of time, solidifies into beliefs.

Posted 10 October 2017 - 05:46 PM

Threeleggedman
  • Premium member
    Threeleggedman
    3rd Gear
    Author Image

signal on left side?  Conti cars?

On the right when seated in the driver's seat. I use my left hand for steering and right hand for signalling/acceleration

~~~~~~~~~

Posted 10 October 2017 - 05:53 PM

Kklee
  • Kklee
    5th Gear
    Author Image

My apologies for not giving more details. I have difficulty bending my legs and I use an elbow crutch. I was looking at Mazda 3, Kia K3 and the EX. I would like to know if there are other models fitting the criteria I have listed. In terms of reliability, which model is better. 

Note: I left out Honda Civic and Toyota Altis because OMV is more than $20,000 according to one.motoring 

According to one.motoring, Toyota Altis Standard OMV is less than $20,000. 

Posted 10 October 2017 - 05:56 PM

westwest1
  • Premium member
    westwest1
    Neutral Newbie
    Author Image

Unfortunately, Jazz is too difficult for me to enter as a driver. I am physically challenged. 

actually you can get any vehicle with electronic hand brake, because they are paired with auto hold function.

cars like Honda Shuttle is better for you as its easier to modify.

you need to make sure the dealer you buying the car from have a tie up with DBS, else you cannot buy with the 10 years loan

Posted 10 October 2017 - 05:57 PM

Threeleggedman
  • Premium member
    Threeleggedman
    3rd Gear
    Author Image

Hi bro, most bread and butter model from major Japanese make would fit your needs, e.g. Altis, Mazda 2, Sylphy, City, Swift, Attrage, etc.. May I also know what is your budget and other preference, say brand, hatchback, sedan, estate/wagon, etc....

Toyota Corolla Altis

11448_g49_b.jpg

Mazda 2

Mazda-2-Genki-4.jpg

Nissan Sylphy

Interior-Main.jpg.ximg.l_full_m.smart.jp

Honda City

2017-honda-city-interiors.jpg

Suzuki Swift

2017-Suzuki-Swift-interior-launch-event.

Mitsubishi Attrage

2014_Mitsubishi_Attrage_Interior.jpg

Thanks bro, unfortunately Altis is above 20k. I am looking for a sedan. I drive a CS3 now, spacious enough for my stiff legs. Sylphy uses footbrake right? I drive purely using my hands. I've seen the attrage, too narrow in front. I am also looking at at 1.6 litre car as I will be ferrying logistics for work.

~~~~~~~~~

Posted 10 October 2017 - 06:01 PM

Lok666
  • Lok666
    5th Gear
    Author Image

How about Honda City? Should fit all your requirements plus reliability is good . Only thing is seats are manually adjustable, which may not be as convenient as power seats.

Posted 10 October 2017 - 06:08 PM

Threeleggedman
  • Premium member
    Threeleggedman
    3rd Gear
    Author Image

How about Honda City? Should fit all your requirements plus reliability is good . Only thing is seats are manually adjustable, which may not be as convenient as power seats.

I shortlisted. But manual seats like my current CS3 is a pain to adjust. I have poor lower body strength so I get upset at mechanics and valets who ignore my pleas to not shift my seat

~~~~~~~~~

Posted 10 October 2017 - 06:17 PM

Lok666
  • Lok666
    5th Gear
    Author Image

I shortlisted. But manual seats like my current CS3 is a pain to adjust. I have poor lower body strength so I get upset at mechanics and valets who ignore my pleas to not shift my seat

Then K3's seat memory system would be good for you, can always get back your preferred driving position. 

Posted 10 October 2017 - 06:22 PM

pandaboxer
  • Premium member
    pandaboxer
    Neutral Newbie
    Author Image

Then K3's seat memory system would be good for you, can always get back your preferred driving position. 

however, kia k3 signal is on the left, conti style.

Posted 10 October 2017 - 06:31 PM

Carbon82
  • Premium member
    Carbon82
    2Fast2Furious
    Author Image

Thanks bro, unfortunately Altis is above 20k. I am looking for a sedan. I drive a CS3 now, spacious enough for my stiff legs. Sylphy uses footbrake right? I drive purely using my hands. I've seen the attrage, too narrow in front. I am also looking at at 1.6 litre car as I will be ferrying logistics for work.

Corolla Altis (Standard model) OMV is <$20K. Can check here to confirm.

https://www.onemotor...rket_value.html

Sylphy (the most spacious 1.6L sedan) is using handbrake as seen on sgcarmart and Nissan Singapore website.

651367_4b.jpg7.%20Built%20with%20purpose.png.ximg.l_4

Behaviour shapes attitudes, and over a period of time, solidifies into beliefs.

Posted 10 October 2017 - 07:55 PM

flashbang
  • Premium member
    flashbang
    NOS-ed
    Author Image

Sounds like your current car is already modified for your use. Recommend you renew COE instead. Most people with modified cars do that instead of buying a new one and spending money modifying it again.

Posted 10 October 2017 - 08:39 PM

Friendstar
  • Friendstar
    NOS-ed
    Author Image

Sorry to hear about it. Did u meet with an accident? Or it's since young?

Can I ask why u exclude suv. The height should be perfect for u if u have difficulty bending leg

Posted 10 October 2017 - 09:38 PM

Threeleggedman
  • Premium member
    Threeleggedman
    3rd Gear
    Author Image

Sorry to hear about it. Did u meet with an accident? Or it's since young?

Can I ask why u exclude suv. The height should be perfect for u if u have difficulty bending leg

I am disabled since birth. I have difficulty to even get in a Vezel or Qasqhai. It’s easier to lower the car, sit in and rotate my bum and carry my legs in.
~~~~~~~~~

Posted 10 October 2017 - 09:40 PM

Privacy
  • Privacy
    5th Gear
    Author Image

Sounds like your current car is already modified for your use. Recommend you renew COE instead. Most people with modified cars do that instead of buying a new one and spending money modifying it again.

i think depends on degree of handicap, the cars omv must be below 20k and coe is exempted i. e. dun ve to pay coe

Back to General Car Discussion  ·  Cars Top Reply to this topic
SgCarMart Quotz

Quick Reply

Tags: omv, handbrake, new, cars, 20000 and 1 more...

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users