New cars with OMV under $20,000 and equipped with handbrake

Threeleggedman

The Mazda 3 standard version is 15k. Cheapest car out of all the standard no frills cars. The OMV will only be a concern if I go for deluxe versions.

mazda 3 skyactiv got vibration at idle issue. u go try those >10k km mazda 3 first.... before u buy....on paper it looked good but the drive is zzzzz.. i bought the 2015 mz3 deluxe n sold it in 2yrs....

many people bought cos it ticked many boxes... gd fc... looks gd inside out.... and cheap....

but the manufacturer faults r not resolved... the Idling will hover up and down btw 500-800rpm at idle... no kidding sh! t

↡ Advertisement

ok! looking forward to the good news!

btw did the SE confirm that your required mods to the car will be FOC?

I still need to get LTA approval. Hopefully they will allow me to get a new car and scrap my current one.

He took video and pictures of the hand control. Have to wait and see while I appeal to LTA.

mazda 3 skyactiv got vibration at idle issue. u go try those >10k km mazda 3 first.... before u buy....on paper it looked good but the drive is zzzzz.. i bought the 2015 mz3 deluxe n sold it in 2yrs....

many people bought cos it ticked many boxes... gd fc... looks gd inside out.... and cheap....

but the manufacturer faults r not resolved... the Idling will hover up and down btw 500-800rpm at idle... no kidding sh! t

I understand but I don’t have many choices too. In 2007, I had the luxury to choose, Lancer GLX, Sunny, Altis and Cvic, all way below the OMV cap. Today, a basic Altis and Civic will breach the cap. Nissan’s SE couldn’t even be bothered to hear my needs.

The car picked itself in a way. I am disappointed but the the cards are such so I still have to play my hand. Win or lose, at least I made the best of what I have

• Praise 1

I still need to get LTA approval. Hopefully they will allow me to get a new car and scrap my current one.

He took video and pictures of the hand control. Have to wait and see while I appeal to LTA.

hope for good news! all the best

I understand but I donât have many choices too. In 2007, I had the luxury to choose, Lancer GLX, Sunny, Altis and Cvic, all way below the OMV cap. Today, a basic Altis and Civic will breach the cap. Nissanâs SE couldnât even be bothered to hear my needs.

The car picked itself in a way. I am disappointed but the the cards are such so I still have to play my hand. Win or lose, at least I made the best of what I have

look on the bright side, overall Mazda 3 is not a bad car. u will still be covered by AD warranty (i assume 3yrs/10k mileage).

Maybe it's time to submit an appeal to govt to increase the OMV limit to 25k or 30k.

Anyway, it's the Japanese who are still using old signal stalk on right. Everyone else is moving to left signal stalk as its new standards.

• Praise 1

Maybe it's time to submit an appeal to govt to increase the OMV limit to 25k or 30k.

Anyway, it's the Japanese who are still using old signal stalk on right. Everyone else is moving to left signal stalk as its new standards.

eh i thought Japan use signal stalk on right because Japan drives on the left side of the road? as opposed to Euro/US.

right hand signal stalk will be phased out?

eh i thought Japan use signal stalk on right because Japan drives on the left side of the road? as opposed to Euro/US.

right hand signal stalk will be phased out?

Subaru has already changed to left signal stalk, but not sure if others will follow. Toyota are biggest boys in Japan, maybe they see no need to change.

Subaru has already changed to left signal stalk, but not sure if others will follow. Toyota are biggest boys in Japan, maybe they see no need to change.

Toyota wont change if no compelling reason to ba. curious to know why Subaru changed...

After a while I'm sure they get used to it la. There are many countries with conflicting LHD/RHD but share borders too. Thailand/Vietnam another one.

In Cambodia, both LHD and RHD share the roads!

Yes, they have. But only for the souped up models, OMV likely to breach 20k in the coming months. What’s worse, a civic will set me basic by an estimated 50k under the scheme. Crazy price when compared to my current car at 21k

Went to Subaru, Nissan, Kia and Volkswagen, wasn’t impressed with their knowledge and attitude. Even in my corporate attire I am not fit to get service. Just went to test the seats and entry height by myself. Probably the reason why they don’t get walk-ins. The Mazda guy was standing in the hot sun looking at my current car and controls to try to make things work for me. The Toyota guy basically told me OMV will exceed 20k. Honda guy just wants to sell the car with minimal fuss. Left signal is a challenge as I realized I cannot forgovthe knob. It gives firm control for turning.

sorry to hear of your less-than-pleasant experience with the various showrooms and SEs. Those SEs must have sold lots of cars recently that they can't be bothered to put in efforts anymore.

I've heard of bad experiences too. Many years ago, my Malaysian colleague said Toyota in M'sia very stuck up. One person went to the showroom and got some special request, and Toyota promptly led him to the entrance and pointed towards Honda, which was just nearby, and told him that Honda might entertain him!

Atrocious attitude!

sorry to hear of your less-than-pleasant experience with the various showrooms and SEs. Those SEs must have sold lots of cars recently that they can't be bothered to put in efforts anymore.

I've heard of bad experiences too. Many years ago, my Malaysian colleague said Toyota in M'sia very stuck up. One person went to the showroom and got some special request, and Toyota promptly led him to the entrance and pointed towards Honda, which was just nearby, and told him that Honda might entertain him!

Atrocious attitude!

my experiences with SE ok so far. but maybe because i went during off peak period, eg. weekday mornings.

have heard some unpleasant experiences with Toyota SE too... they are like the Singtel.

my experiences with SE ok so far. but maybe because i went during off peak period, eg. weekday mornings.

have heard some unpleasant experiences with Toyota SE too... they are like the Singtel.

Yup, in SG, Toyota sells by itself. No need SE talk too much, so they decided not to talk at all. Just fill up the purchase contract only...  [laugh]

Yup, in SG, Toyota sells by itself. No need SE talk too much, so they decided not to talk at all. Just fill up the purchase contract only...  [laugh]

ok la... i did test the car knowledge and market knowledge of the SE. got to make them work for their sales... 

(but ultimately didnt buy from them also, haha...)

The issue is SEs who didn't want to serve me were brands with no customers at their showrooms. Mazda which was packed had the best service. It's not rocket science to figure out why - good service plus good pricing means customers

The issue is SEs who didn't want to serve me were brands with no customers at their showrooms. Mazda which was packed had the best service. It's not rocket science to figure out why - good service plus good pricing means customers

be warned that their service center isn't the easiest to "navigate". also do not expect excellent service. this from a mazda owner for the last 6 years

• Praise 1

you are right. The SE just got me the Altis and Wish brochure and said the OMV will exceed 20k. Out I went. How I wish the SEs were like Mazda's. Explained the features of the car, adjusted the seat for me to get in and ultimately followed me to my current car to understand my needs under the hot sun. That's service and putting customer's first 

agreed... in addition the cars also have to be of a certain quality.
↡ Advertisement