Self-heating mala hotpots are now banned.

DACH

Commonly practice here. :D

人怕出名,猪怕肥。This product has been on sales for months and no one actually get food poisoning and such in the past months (and I don't remember any reported cases in China or other places as well).

It started to get AVA attention when it is featured on Channel 5 or Channel 8 news a couple of weeks ago. The reporter demonstrated on the program how easy to have it prepared / cooked and even took a bite in front of the camera, and there after it ran out of stock online and get more people talking about it.

While I do not disagree with AVA's stand, for safe guarding the food safety in Singapore, such products (containing meat) are not uncommon here or in other countries. Why not just get the importer to submit sample for testing and have it approved (or rejected) officially, instead of imposing a total ban? The funny thing is, we as a general consumer, are allowed to bring such product into Singapore for personal consumption only... Double standard?! [confused]  [confused]

Travellers returning to Singapore can carry food products for personal consumption without first obtaining an import permit if:

- the type of food product is allowed;
- the amount is within the allowance;
- the source country is approved by AVA (see section 'Conditions for Specific Types of Food'); and
- the food products will not be sold commercially.

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 4

i think nothing unusual. Sg govt is always very strict on meat products. which is consistent with all major developed countries.

u go aussie/NZ, the checks they do on food product is way more than the partial close one eye checks here.

• Praise 1

I think this product is selling across all GIANT outlets in Singapore.

Saw this selling again in GIANT Tampines.

For those who live or work near places with GIANT can buy if keen.  [laugh]

↡ Advertisement