SMRT Train Tracks Flooded After Thunderstorm

Blueray

The senior mgt at SMRT n SBS Transit hear say must go through Taichi training.  Objective is not to maintain health, but to deflect responsibilities.  True or not huh?

I say first huh, this one definitely not I say one hor.  People who took free shuttle bus service during the flood say one.  They all say one, except for me.

↡ Advertisement

Water pump to prevent flooding is a non critical system? Wow.

Well, just like aircon in wet weather. You probably won't turn on but use a fan instead. But just when u need it. Siao liao never maintain because never seem likely required until much later. I rather they blame it on Murphy law than take it out on the culture. You want to have a good kampong sprit yet u squabbling about culture?

the boss should lead by example and go commit harakiri

with the amount of skin in him......the real him would be so short.....he would have problem finding his stomach...... Edited by Eviilusion
  • Praise 1

bishan maintenance team had failed us ... but what about LTA?

these are auxilliary and standby equipments and usually there are maintenance schedule to follow. Checks and servicing are usually done every quarter or bi-annually and issues during these checks are usually raised as soon as they are discovered. Its then up to the departments to either put repairs on-hold or done asap depending on whether the equipments is critical in their daily operations. Heck......the management may even forgot to see through with maintenance and checking schedule since it's handover and with the current mrt having maintenance and emergency breakdown issues the schedule for these auxilliary equipments may just had been overlooked.
  • Praise 2

All this is my fault.

I asked CCB to share his coaching at MRT

and what did he teach them?

Any good things CEO grab the credit

and bad things just blame the men.

:D  

• Praise 1

these are auxilliary and standby equipments and usually there are maintenance schedule to follow. Checks and servicing are usually done every quarter or bi-annually and issues during these checks are usually raised as soon as they are discovered. Its then up to the departments to either put repairs on-hold or done asap depending on whether the equipments is critical in their daily operations. Heck......the management may even forgot to see through with maintenance and checking schedule since it's handover and with the current mrt having maintenance and emergency breakdown issues the schedule for these auxilliary equipments may just had been overlooked.

if they overlooked these, they are the only party to blame and take responsibility? the entire devious cycle is happening on every other area which has resulted numerous non-operational conditions, be it in minutes, hours of day for the last 6 years since 2011. We have been forced and accustomed to experience these situations. Our MRT is no longer what we can be proud of.... :(  

if they overlooked these, they are the only party to blame and take responsibility? the entire devious cycle is happening on every other area which has resulted numerous non-operational conditions, be it in minutes, hours of day for the last 6 years since 2011. We have been forced and accustomed to experience these situations. Our MRT is no longer what we can be proud of.... :(

its only a maybe......but mrt tasks are directly about its services and duty. These are additional duties and i dont think even the station managers have the depth to take on such a task nevermind the repairs. If this flood system is in their Bishan Depot it will one thing but from what i read so far its in Bishan mrt station away from any technical personnel.

Where i used to work such facilities needs 1 dedicated personal to run the system or a team to run and check the whole system and its outlay. MRT is in the business of running a transportation system but not a flood prevention system. So to push the blame on its rank and file is so wrong.

Turbocharged

Ownself check ownself mah
  • Praise 1

After so many if the CEO still cannot correct / change the company culture, besides jiak LIAO bee, incompetent, not suitable for the job, under performing, any other descriptions?

kar ki nang?  [:)]

There was an interview on Ch 8 news just now on this.

Did not catch the numbers specifically but what was said was the tank was able to hold 5 times the amount of that afternoon's rainfall. So the tank was already at a high level of water and sensors had probably failed much earlier on.

in that case the multitude of failures must be mindblogging! Usually operators needs to hear the hi water level alarm is triggered. If the sensor is faulty none the pumps will run and there will be no alarms. But usually in a DCS system there is a ll, l, h and hh warning. For tanks visual checks especially underground storage must be checked once a week and compared to the dcs display. There should also be combustible gas detector. That underground storage must be huge to be able to hold that amount of water. Dont know what transpired between lta and mrt during the handover of the underground storage and whether the checklist was even produced. Water storage especially covered underground ones are dangerous.....flammable and dangerous gases may accumulate in time.

in that case the multitude of failures must be mindblogging! Usually operators needs to hear the hi water level alarm is triggered. If the sensor is faulty none the pumps will run and there will be no alarms. But usually in a DCS system there is a ll, l, h and hh warning. For tanks visual checks especially underground storage must be checked once a week and compared to the dcs display. There should also be combustible gas detector. That underground storage must be huge to be able to hold that amount of water. Dont know what transpired between lta and mrt during the handover of the underground storage and whether the checklist was even produced. Water storage especially covered underground ones are dangerous.....flammable and dangerous gases may accumulate in time.

imho ... nobody checked anything ...

maybe it was not in the SOP.

• Praise 2

ch8 guest shoot smrt ceo, management and their regime gao gao

it’s not merely a pump fault ... the whole organisation is in a sibei jialat “state”

there is a lot of work to be done than fxing the pump

Edited by Wt_know

imho ... nobody checked anything ...

maybe it was not in the SOP.

i am trying to remember sop (the organisation i worked with).....think checking the underground tanks are a daily checklist and i also think what you are thinking. Cialat.......but mrt business is the train and its services....so underground tanks arent in their purview. The lowest guy that kana the backlash sure wont knlw what hit him.

ch8 guest shoot smrt ceo, management and their regime gao gao

it’s not merely a pump fault ... the whole organisation is in a sibei jialat “state”

there is a lot of work to be done than fxing the pump

not only smrt! In keeping with kpi everybody has to do multiple job just to keep their grades. Other responsibilities are added to the main core business or duties. Only need one chain to snap and it all comes crumbling down.
↡ Advertisement