SMRT Train Tracks Flooded After Thunderstorm

Blueray

(edited)

I have always been curious about this activation of FREE BUS SERVICE (FBS)

Say service for 5 stations breakdown.

A1 A2 A3 A4 A5.

The definition of FBS is for A1 direct to A5, passby-ing all the stations.

Or do they deploy FBS for all multiple route, namely A1 to A3, A4 to A2, A1 to A3 etc etc.

If only the former is true, IMHO, the word FBS should not be applicable here.

Actually I also dunno. But for sure will be super crowded.

My simple math is like this.

One train - 500 pax (am using a conservative estimate)

One bus - 50 pax

One train spoil, need 10 buses to meet the capacity.

Two train spoil, 20 buses 

etc ... got so many buses and bus captains in relief pool ?

Once again shows how badly managed they are, having to depend on SCDF resources and not having BCP in place.

Guess after investigations they will blame some already overloaded manager somewhere down the line or external contractor. Top management continue to jiak buffet and ownself congratulate ownself. 

Edited by Blueray
↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 2

Twincharged

Once again shows how badly managed they are, having to depend on SCDF resources and not having BCP in place.

Guess after investigations they will blame some already overloaded manager somewhere down the line or external contractor. Top management continue to jiak buffet and ownself congratulate ownself. 

SCDF is FREEEEEEEEE!!! use and use many times also no need to pay.  so why waste money to have own employees!!!

• Praise 3

SCDF is FREEEEEEEEE!!! use and use many times also no need to pay.  so why waste money to have own employees!!!

Yes, I agree. I think that's what the top chaps at SMRT were thinking too. Save $$$ = better bottomline = more bonus.

Until something like last weekend happens ...  [:p]  

• Praise 1

When I past by Braddell MRT station on Sat evening, there are several Fire Engines along Lor 1, Toa Payoh.

My mind was thinking some form of Mobilisation Exercise as I had been hearing since 1.00 pm over the radio "Civil Resources Mobilisation Exercise"  :we-all-gonna-die:

Who would think of MRT tunnel flooded ...  :wacko:

• Praise 1

When I past by Braddell MRT station on Sat evening, there are several Fire Engines along Lor 1, Toa Payoh.

My mind was thinking some form of Mobilisation Exercise as I had been hearing since 1.00 pm over the radio "Civil Resources Mobilisation Exercise"  :we-all-gonna-die:

Who would think of MRT tunnel flooded ...  :wacko:

huh. so they really mobilized nsmen for this shit?

• Praise 1

Yes, I agree. I think that's what the top chaps at SMRT were thinking too. Save $$$ = better bottomline = more bonus.

Until something like last weekend happens ...  [:p]  

SCDF personnel are trained for rescue missions, saving lives and buildings from fire. :yuush:

Not clearing water from tunnel .. :omg:

Not difficult what

Just use hand to pump :XD:

[sly]

I have always been curious about this activation of FREE BUS SERVICE (FBS)

Say service for 5 stations breakdown.

A1 A2 A3 A4 A5.

The definition of FBS is for A1 direct to A5, passby-ing all the stations.

Or do they deploy FBS for all multiple route, namely A1 to A3, A4 to A2, A1 to A3 etc etc.

If only the former is true, IMHO, the word FBS should not be applicable here.

Whatever service, just don't tap your card . . . . just tell bus captain "MRT breakdown" 

• Praise 1

SMRT should convert the rails to the suspension type

wheels won't get wet...

1200px-Shonanmonorail5000.jpg

Please no.

With their kind of maintenance and cost savings construction, I think the trains will drop to the ground after a few years due to rusty screws or rather not enough screws to hold the suspended tracks.

• Praise 1

SCDF personnel are trained for rescue missions, saving lives and buildings from fire. :yuush:

Is it because tunnel infrastructure is public property so it becomes SCDF business and not SMRT? Desmond can say heng ah! Not my dai ji. Bonus not affected. [laugh]

NS is as good as doing shitty jobs.

I confirm take MC if I were SCDF NSman/NSF.

Anyone who didn't take MC deserves to be abused because they allow themselves to be abused.

Army or scdf not free hor!

We tax payer pay for for their income.

Everytime they mobilise scdf or army should give commuters discount rides..sigh..lunch hour and I am dreaming.

• Praise 1

Is it because tunnel infrastructure is public property so it becomes SCDF business and not SMRT? Desmond can say heng ah! Not my dai ji. Bonus not affected. [laugh]

Only public ministries have the authority to mobilise public servants to do shitty jobs for private corporations, or rather GLCs.

Twincharged

Please no.

With their kind of maintenance and cost savings construction, I think the trains will drop to the ground after a few years due to rusty screws or rather not enough screws to hold the suspended tracks.

screws? cable tie is bestest!

the latest episode of flooding, pumps not working, just shows the miserable state of affair in mrt, lead by a vastly incompetent management.

indeed, the rot starts at the top.

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 2