• Search this thread
  • Reply to this topic
88 replies to this topic | 297 praises

Posted 11 October 2017 - 11:02 PM

Ysc3
  • Premium member
    Ysc3
    Supercharged
    The points of the user determines the rank. The higher the points, the higher the rank.
    Author Image
    The bar represents the rank and points of the user. The longer the bar, the higher the rank and points.

Points are accumulated from other users who Praise or Disliked this users' posts.

Kobe Steel scandal hits Boeing, Toyota and Nissan

...... Other companies affected by the Kobe Steel scandal include Mitsubishi Heavy Industries, Kawasaki Heavy Industries, IHI, Honda, Mazda and Subaru. Kobe Steel said it had no evidence of any safety concerns as a result of the fraudulent certification.

GOOGLE OR SEARCH FOR "KOBE STEEL SCANDAL"

antelop, Atrecord, Tianmo, Admiralty, Mercury1 and 2 Anonymous members praised this

Posted 12 October 2017 - 07:48 AM

flashbang
  • Premium member
    flashbang
    NOS-ed
    The points of the user determines the rank. The higher the points, the higher the rank.
    Author Image
    The bar represents the rank and points of the user. The longer the bar, the higher the rank and points.

Points are accumulated from other users who Praise or Disliked this users' posts.

Japan already has lower safety requirements for their cars.
Privacy, Mercury1 and 1 Anonymous member praised this

Posted 12 October 2017 - 08:05 AM

Atrecord
  • Premium member
    Atrecord
    2Fast2Furious
    Author Image

...... Other companies affected by the Kobe Steel scandal include Mitsubishi Heavy Industries, Kawasaki Heavy Industries, IHI, Honda, Mazda and Subaru. Kobe Steel said it had no evidence of any safety concerns as a result of the fraudulent certification.

I wonder when did this start, or specifically, when did Toyota start to buy metal that isn't as strong as it should be.

Two days ago saw a Toyota Altis scrapped a lorry. The rear left door kanna the sharp rear right corner of the lorry, and then the Altis door dropped and got mangled till unrecognisable...

Had posted it in http://www.mycarforu...rt-v/?p=6236747

but here's a photo of the door. See can recognise or not?

Screen Shot 2017-10-10 at 10.24.42 AM.png

If that time the metal was stronger, and it's now worse, then really  [sweatdrop]

AltisOwner, Dleodleo and Mercury1 praised this

Posted 12 October 2017 - 08:12 AM

UncleAtas
  • Premium member
    UncleAtas
    6th Gear
    Author Image

Not strong but can pass JNCAP? :o

2 Anonymous members praised this
Refer to signature guidelines

Posted 12 October 2017 - 08:16 AM

Watwheels
  • Premium member
    Watwheels
    2Fast2Furious
    Author Image

https://www.bloomber...-over-fake-data

800x-1.png

1 Anonymous member praised this
The chosen one will bring balance to the Force...I mean Singapore. Even star wars do not reserve "the chosen one" to a sith lord or a jedi or a wookie.

Posted 12 October 2017 - 08:22 AM

Sdf4786k
  • Premium member
    Sdf4786k
    Supercharged
    Author Image

Not strong but can pass JNCAP? :o

u bring your car go STA inspection, pass liao also can breakdown 50 meters down the road. 

What more JNCAP.

Maybe a case of assume rubber stamping.

Posted 12 October 2017 - 08:24 AM

Eviilusion
  • Premium member
    Eviilusion
    2Fast2Furious
    Author Image

Boeing? Scary times for air travellers!
Together We stand Alone

Posted 12 October 2017 - 09:27 AM

Ysc3
  • Premium member
    Ysc3
    Supercharged
    Author Image

I wonder when did this start, or specifically, when did Toyota start to buy metal that isn't as strong as it should be.

Two days ago saw a Toyota Altis scrapped a lorry. The rear left door kanna the sharp rear right corner of the lorry, and then the Altis door dropped and got mangled till unrecognizable...

If that time the metal was stronger, and it's now worse, then really  [sweatdrop]

I have mentioned this story before ... a bmw 3 series jabbed my friend's cateye elantra in the back but only the license plate fell off. whereas the bmw front was damaged quite bad.

this actually goes to show that metal is in abundance in Korea and k-cars are damn strong compared to other makers who import their steel.

....and naturally k-cars are heavier too.

Posted 12 October 2017 - 09:37 AM

Sdf4786k
  • Premium member
    Sdf4786k
    Supercharged
    Author Image

I have mentioned this story before ... a bmw 3 series jabbed my friend's cateye elantra in the back but only the license plate fell off. whereas the bmw front was damaged quite bad.

this actually goes to show that metal is in abundance in Korea and k-cars are damn strong compared to other makers who import their steel.

in order to meet NCAP, car has to absorb the impact in front. Else everyone would have stuck to having large beam of metal bumper liao like bull bar.

Posted 12 October 2017 - 09:39 AM

Eyke
  • Premium member
    Eyke
    Turbocharged
    Author Image

Kobe Beef good, Kobe Steel not so good
F355, JL_Accord, Albeniz and 2 Anonymous members praised this

Posted 12 October 2017 - 09:40 AM

Hamburger
  • Premium member
    Hamburger
    2Fast2Furious
    Author Image

The bimmer has done a good job in absorbing the impact.
do to others what you want others to do to you......

Posted 12 October 2017 - 09:46 AM

Dleodleo
  • Premium member
    Dleodleo
    NOS-ed
    Author Image

Heng, my suzuki car is not in the list.  It is quite heavy.

My friend's car Citroen banged on a stationary mercs.  His whole front bumper came off but the back bumper of the mercs was still intact and there's no dent at all.

Posted 12 October 2017 - 09:46 AM

Columbian78
  • Columbian78
    5th Gear
    Author Image

Lesser chance of being affected if jap brand cars made in Thailand?

2 Anonymous members praised this

Posted 12 October 2017 - 09:55 AM

Buadongdong
  • Premium member
    Buadongdong
    Turbocharged
    Author Image

Words of consolation.. I like.. cos i'm one of those who own a MIT jap car. hahahaha... :XD:  :secret-laugh:

Edited by Buadongdong, 12 October 2017 - 09:55 AM.

Posted 12 October 2017 - 09:59 AM

Kyrios
  • Kyrios
    Supercharged
    Author Image

"no evidence of any safety concerns"?

of course they will say lidat lah...if they say yes..then they are opening themselves up to lawsuits involving accidents where the jap cars along with their passengers have been crashed to a pulp...

Posted 12 October 2017 - 10:00 AM

Ronkovic
  • Ronkovic
    3rd Gear
    Author Image

The raw material steel might have been shipped to the Thai factory though ....

Posted 12 October 2017 - 10:00 AM

Mkl22
  • Mkl22
    Supercharged
    Author Image

Two days ago saw a Toyota Altis scrapped a lorry. The rear left door kanna the sharp rear right corner of the lorry, and then the Altis door dropped and got mangled till unrecognisable...

Had posted it in http://www.mycarforu...rt-v/?p=6236747

but here's a photo of the door. See can recognise or not?

attachicon.gifScreen Shot 2017-10-10 at 10.24.42 AM.png

i saw the piece of metal at the center divider. its just the door skin. the door is still on the car. door skins are just wrapped around the door. hitting the corner of the truck , it can be easily sheered off.

Natnut and 1 Anonymous member praised this

Posted 12 October 2017 - 10:07 AM

drivers
  • Premium member
    drivers
    2nd Gear
    Author Image

When i collected my new MIJ car i already realised why the hood of the car is so thin and soft. 

Compared to my old korean car it is more solid!

Then after the last servicing i noticed the hood is dented  (see from certain angle) only after i drove home after servicing at C & C. 

Well... :mellow:

Posted 12 October 2017 - 10:10 AM

Soya
  • Soya
    2Fast2Furious
    Author Image

Slam the rear door of the X-Trail and I was surprised at how hollow it sounded

Posted 12 October 2017 - 10:21 AM

Lala81
  • Lala81
    2Fast2Furious
    Author Image

More importantly is does the car score well on crash testing.

All other things are difficult to assess.

The shell of a body if u ever seen it color coded is really a myraid of steel parts (normal, high strength, extra high strength). 

Always buy a car that is tested by IIHS or Euro NCAP. Not those only JDM or Asean models only.

Anyway if those say korean steel is very tok gong one.

If it's their own company division selling to other divisions of their own company. If really got manufacturing cheating, there is no one to uncover lor. All same company.

All big corporations are sama sama one lah.

Atrecord and Admiralty praised this

Back to General Car Discussion  ·  Cars Top Reply to this topic
SgCarMart Quotz

Quick Reply

Tags: kobe steel, japan car maker and 5 more...

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users