Magnifying glass
  • Search this thread
  • Reply to this topic
15 replies to this topic | 0 praises

Posted 12 October 2017 - 08:33 PM

Kklee
  • Kklee
    5th Gear
    The points of the user determines the rank. The higher the points, the higher the rank.
    Author Image
    The bar represents the rank and points of the user. The longer the bar, the higher the rank and points.

Points are accumulated from other users who Praise or Disliked this users' posts.

If let's say an OPC got involved in an accident during the restricted hours without an e-Day License,  will there be insurance coverage ? 

Posted 12 October 2017 - 08:41 PM

currypuff
  • Premium member
    currypuff
    4th Gear
    The points of the user determines the rank. The higher the points, the higher the rank.
    Author Image
    The bar represents the rank and points of the user. The longer the bar, the higher the rank and points.

Points are accumulated from other users who Praise or Disliked this users' posts.

It is an offence to drive an OPC or ROPC car without a valid e-Day Licence. The driver or registered owner of the OPC or ROPC car who causes or permits the car to be driven during the restricted hours faces a fine not exceeding $5,000. For a second or subsequent convictions, he or she will face a fine not exceeding $10,000.” LTA 2016

Posted 12 October 2017 - 09:32 PM

Kklee
  • Kklee
    5th Gear
    Author Image

It is an offence to drive an OPC or ROPC car without a valid e-Day Licence. The driver or registered owner of the OPC or ROPC car who causes or permits the car to be driven during the restricted hours faces a fine not exceeding $5,000. For a second or subsequent convictions, he or she will face a fine not exceeding $10,000.” LTA 2016

That's the LTA part.

I am trying  to get information on the insurance part. 

E,g,  

If let's say an OPC and non-OPC got into an accident and the OPC is 100% at fault. 

Days later,   it was found that the OPC do not have a valid e-Day License.

LTA would of course blow whistle and fine the OPC.

What about insurance?  Will the OPC insurance company absolve itself ? 

Edited by Kklee, 12 October 2017 - 09:33 PM.

Posted 12 October 2017 - 10:08 PM

currypuff
  • Premium member
    currypuff
    4th Gear
    Author Image

Have you check the insurance certificate whtr if they stated the coverage conditions?

Posted 12 October 2017 - 10:11 PM

Benarsenal
  • Benarsenal
    NOS-ed
    Author Image

Check with the insurance company. I believe some will say they won't pay out if an offence is committed (which would include this I think).

Posted 12 October 2017 - 10:16 PM

Kklee
  • Kklee
    5th Gear
    Author Image

Have you check the insurance certificate whtr if they stated the coverage conditions?

Eh... i don't have OPC.

Check with the insurance company. I believe some will say they won't pay out if an offence is committed (which would include this I think).

Likely, if they can absolve, they most likely would. 

Posted 12 October 2017 - 11:35 PM

Terrylmt
  • Premium member
    Terrylmt
    4th Gear
    Author Image

OPC owners can purchase e-Day license online at any time of the day within the same day of usage, before 2359hrs - no need to buy right at the instant when they drive the car out. So they can drive the car out at 9am, run their errands, then go online and purchase e-Day license at a later time within the same day of use, e.g. 5pm.

Even if they miss the deadline of 2359hrs, they can still pay at a later date but at a higher price of $30. Normal price is $20.

SOURCE: https://www.onemotor...f-peak_car.html

"For WEC/OPC/ROPC users who missed the payment deadline i.e. before 11.59 p.m. of the following day after usage date, are allowed to voluntarily declare the usage online via the ONE.MOTORING website. Upon successful acceptance of the declaration, a Notice of Traffic Offence (NTO) offering a composition amount of $30 will be sent to the driver for the violation. Please note that the declaration to LTA has to be made within Day 3 to Day 5 from the usage date, Day 1 being the usage date."

Posted 12 October 2017 - 11:40 PM

DACH
  • DACH
    Turbocharged
    Author Image

Note that for most policies, the yearly insurance bought remain the same, regardless of OPC or normal plate.

Edited by DACH, 12 October 2017 - 11:40 PM.

Dream car: Lamborghini Murcielago 6.2

Posted 13 October 2017 - 09:01 AM

Kklee
  • Kklee
    5th Gear
    Author Image

OPC owners can purchase e-Day license online at any time of the day within the same day of usage, before 2359hrs - no need to buy right at the instant when they drive the car out. So they can drive the car out at 9am, run their errands, then go online and purchase e-Day license at a later time within the same day of use, e.g. 5pm.

Even if they miss the deadline of 2359hrs, they can still pay at a later date but at a higher price of $30. Normal price is $20.

SOURCE: https://www.onemotor...f-peak_car.html

"For WEC/OPC/ROPC users who missed the payment deadline i.e. before 11.59 p.m. of the following day after usage date, are allowed to voluntarily declare the usage online via the ONE.MOTORING website. Upon successful acceptance of the declaration, a Notice of Traffic Offence (NTO) offering a composition amount of $30 will be sent to the driver for the violation. Please note that the declaration to LTA has to be made within Day 3 to Day 5 from the usage date, Day 1 being the usage date."

I wonder how they would enforce it. 

Note that for most policies, the yearly insurance bought remain the same, regardless of OPC or normal plate.

Maybe some OPC owners can verify that. 

Posted 13 October 2017 - 09:05 AM

Jman888
  • Jman888

If let's say an OPC got involved in an accident during the restricted hours without an e-Day License,  will there be insurance coverage ? 

i believe insurance will cover, the premium is the same for OPC and normal plate.

骑白马的不一定是王子,可能是唐僧;带翅膀的也不一定是天使,有时候是鸟人。

Posted 13 October 2017 - 09:21 AM

2Fast2Furious
    Author Image

i believe insurance will cover, the premium is the same for OPC and normal plate.

I find quite funny how come the premium is the same for OPC and normal plate? Lol. Even road tax is not the same between OPC and normal plate.

Clothe yourselves with compassion, kindness, humility, gentleness and patience.
Life is very fragile. Nobody knows what's gonna happen next.

Posted 13 October 2017 - 09:39 AM

Jman888
  • Jman888

I find quite funny how come the premium is the same for OPC and normal plate? Lol. Even road tax is not the same between OPC and normal plate.

an accident is an accident, doesn't mean compensation for accident with/cause by an OPC will be cheaper.

Posted 13 October 2017 - 10:07 AM

Soya
  • Soya
    2Fast2Furious
    Author Image

OPC premium ard 15% cheaper than normal plate

Posted 13 October 2017 - 10:17 AM

uniquely_ad
  • Premium member
    uniquely_ad
    4th Gear
    Author Image

Yeah I can confirm this, my uncle whom has an OPC said it too

Posted 13 October 2017 - 10:26 AM

Neutrino
  • Neutrino
    Supercharged
    Author Image

Yeah I can confirm this, my uncle whom has an OPC said it too

Does low mileage reduce OPC insurance cost if declared at time of purchase of OPC insurance?

There is no law without enforcement

Posted 13 October 2017 - 10:26 AM

Jman888
  • Jman888

lower but not drastic, also depends on the profile of the driver.

Back to General Car Discussion  ·  Cars Top Reply to this topic
SgCarMart Quotz

Quick Reply

Tags: opc, insurance, e-day license and 1 more...

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Yahoo (1)