Got amused by Mercedes Benz

SGCMHello

I was introduced to the cars in showroom and salesman was professional but Little did he knew that I read in between the lines of what was said....

Did u know that the showroom is "split" into 2? On one side is the true DNA of Mercedes benz, rear wheel drive, luxuriously finished, made in Germany, the c class, e class ..... and above.

On the other side are the "cheap" ones, meant to compete with Japanese. A & B class and their variants. To cut cost, it's front wheel drive, made in cheaper countries, quite a lot more plastic being used in the car etc. Target market are the "cannot afford MB customers" but die die want to buy young buyers.

Just find it amusing. Anyway MB, are generally well engineered and SAFE.

3 financial questions to clear b4 buying luxurious car:

1) Protection: Hv u got adequate insurance ( life, hospital, accident, critical illness)

2) Retirement: Do u hv enough to retire (bet u don even know how much u need)

3) Investment & savings: what is your networth, do u make regular investments.

.... and legacy planning if u consider bequest for yr children

If people plan financially, there will far less imprudent splurge on luxurious cars.

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 2
  • Dislike 4

3 pertinent questions to clear b4 buying insurance:

1) Honesty: is the insurance agent honest enough ( be up front about his intention and not just pretending to be interested in your life and death)

2) Money to burn : Do u hv enough money to burn for investment linked policies which the agent will sell you regardless of your financial health (bet u don even know that the agent earns the most from policies that you are more liekly to make a loss )

3) DIY Term: do you know that you can DIY buy term insurance to cover your basic insurance need without need of an agent? 
.... Use the money saved to invest in equities or bonds for the benefit of your own retirement or even as a legacy for your offsprings.

If people plan financially, there will far less imprudent bad investment decision on ILP..... And have more saved for little luxuries in life like a luxury car.

:D 

Edited by Vratenza
  • Praise 14

To verify what you all have said I searched MCF for the following threads:

Got amused by BMW

Got amused by Audi

Got amused by Jaguar

Got amused by xxx etc

But i couldnt find any of the mentioned, so my conclusion is that he is not an insurance agent out here casting his net.

• Praise 1

Difference between your post and a knife?

A knife has a point.

Hahahahahaha

Sorry don’t understand what you’re trying to say in your post. MB may be trying to capture market share of people who cannot afford the higher C, E class people by having the A, B, CLA models?

Someone who is able to pay in full in cash for a A180 hatchback vs someone who needs to take max loan to get an C class. Who is better off financially?

• Praise 10

I am just a mediocre Chinese worker, so Merc is out of my reach, But my aim is to work harder to buy a used BMW with full cash one day.

• Praise 14

I was introduced to the cars in showroom and salesman was professional but Little did he knew that I read in between the lines of what was said....

Did u know that the showroom is "split" into 2? On one side is the true DNA of Mercedes benz, rear wheel drive, luxuriously finished, made in Germany, the c class, e class ..... and above.

On the other side are the "cheap" ones, meant to compete with Japanese. A & B class and their variants. To cut cost, it's front wheel drive, made in cheaper countries, quite a lot more plastic being used in the car etc. Target market are the "cannot afford MB customers" but die die want to buy young buyers.

1) Protection: Hv u got adequate insurance ( life, hospital, accident, critical illness)

If people plan financially, there will far less imprudent splurge on luxurious cars.

Don’t agree with your post on not true Benz ie cheap versions. Mercedes role is to sell cars n add to their bottom line, if that means producing FWD, cheaper versions n if there is a market for this group, why not? No such thing as real DNA Benz.

I don’t think anyone of us is in a position to tell another to be more prudent financially etc. Every person is responsible for his own finances so spare us the lecture and BTW, it’s not true that only wannabes/can’t afford people buy the lower end Benz cos I personally know of retirees, housewives and even well to do buyers who can afford but simply prefer buying lower end Benzs for various reasons ranging from easier to manoeuvre to saving their cash for other purposes so let’s not generalise, thank you.

• Praise 19

Thanks for the advice.

So are you an insurance agent? Can help me look at my finances and recommend if I need to put more money into insurance or if I can afford a MB?

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 2