COE Bidding – 2nd Round of October 2017

Carbon82

Latest Price list from Borneo Motors clearly showing Altis costs $10k more if registered in 2018. There r limited colours available for 2017 delivery which will be CEVS neutral.

As for Honda, whilst the price list doesnât indicate its for 2018 delivery, Kah SE mentioned that 1st batch Jazz facelift delivery is for Jan 2018 onwards so u can see that 1.3l is getting a $10k rebate whilst 1.5l is VES neutral.

Civic is going at 108k while altis will be 120k , a 12k difference is a lot of $ for consumers who buy at this price range, this will price altis further away from competition though altis has more air bags than civic. While not that all will run to KM but surely BM will lose some customers to them.
↡ Advertisement

This only means COE is ripe for a big drop soon

Unlikely to have big drop but may have some decline. Not forgetting not all cars will be affected by VES, those who are buying VES neutral cars will benefit from the COE decline because their overall car price will be cheaper.

Will COE renewal from 1 Jan 2018 subject to VES like new car?

So far none of the new LTA policies is impacting COE renewal cars, so dont go remind them please. Haha. Edited by Ct3833
  • Praise 1

Sorry last time my mistake, I have already corrected it. It is not PQP. We should be predicting and discussing the actual COE prices.

All the best everyone up or down!

Ok, then I review my prediction.

Please add on to this list for your COE predictions for the spot price. Easier for Carbon82 to award the imaginary prize of an all expenses paid dinner date with Donald Trump and Kim Jung Un on the top of the Eiffel Tower.

1. andrewyewkc

Cat A: $40,000

Cat B: $46,000

2. Elepoo

Cat A: 43k

Cat B: 50k

3. Jwee85

Cat.A = $36,888

Cat.B = $46,888

4. Megadark

Cat A: $39,200

Cat B: $50,250

5. Doppel

Cat A: $37,999

Cat B: $46,999

Cat A: 

Cat B:  

• Praise 1

Ok, then I review my prediction.

Please add on to this list for your COE predictions for the spot price. Easier for Carbon82 to award the imaginary prize of an all expenses paid dinner date with Donald Trump and Kim Jung Un on the top of the Eiffel Tower.

1. andrewyewkc

2. Elepoo

3. Jwee85

Cat.A = $36,888

Cat.B = $46,888

4. Megadark

5. Doppel

Cat A:

Cat B:

1. andrewyewkc

2. Elepoo

3. Jwee85

Cat.A = $36,888

Cat.B = $46,888

4. Megadark

5. Doppel

6. Ct3833

Cat A: $39,000

Cat B: $45,000

Edited by Ct3833

I think it is quite obvious cat a/B due to drop further. If you can hold out for a car, just hold out for now.

Those looking for renewal, better scrap and wait a few months, buy a second hand car that expires a while more with view for renewal.

This only means COE is ripe for a big drop soon

To speculate on COEs ...... also needs luck, besides dependent on market factors and LTA'a policy. Premature at this stage to predict any big fall in COEs if VES is the chip.

It is indeed hilarious that when some predict COE will go up, these dealers and those who bought in recently at 50k will keep praising such comments to sky high, but if one were to remark the opposite, there would many be to state "no point speculating on coe"

If there is NO point speculating, why have such a thread? Funny

The presence of many dealers who keep hyping up COE here shows the weakness in the market. If you know anyone in the car sales industry, you will know how anemic the situation currently is.

Edited by Perspectivism
  • Praise 2

It is indeed hilarious that when some predict COE will go up, these dealers and those who bought in recently at 50k will keep praising such comments to sky high, but if one were to remark the opposite, there would many be many to state "no point speculating on coe"

Need to wait till Dafansu bro to chut his very convincing PQP trend table to prove that COE has been declining.
  • Praise 1

Need to wait till Dafansu bro to chut his very convincing PQP trend table to prove that COE has been declining.

I really want to congratulate those who chionged in recently when COE dropped to 36k and this bunch pushed it back up to 43k..

It will drop back to 36k and below soon.

• Praise 1

It is indeed hilarious that when some predict COE will go up, these dealers and those who bought in recently at 50k will keep praising such comments to sky high, but if one were to remark the opposite, there would many be to state "no point speculating on coe"

The presence of many dealers who keep hyping up COE here shows the weakness in the market. If you know anyone in the car sales industry, you will know how anemic the situation currently is.

Read 'speculate' in my post again. If you speculate some big fall in COEs then should at least state the range$. Asking your intended audience to buy new car later or do this and that to renew COE, how much expected to save. Got guaranteed saving or not like guaranteed COE? Owning a car in your prescribed ways damn stressful leh Edited by Pocy
  • Praise 1

Read 'speculate' in my post again. If you speculate some big fall in COEs then should at least state the range$. Asking your intended audience to buy new car later or do this and that to renew COE, how much expected to save. Got guaranteed saving or not like guaranteed COE? Owning a car in your prescribed ways damn stressful leh ð

My friends always say talk no need money ð

You know what's more stressful? Those who bought too long ago at 50+k lol

Bad financial planning like those who bought cars without thinking really even more stressed.

I really want to congratulate those who chionged in recently when COE dropped to 36k and this bunch pushed it back up to 43k..

It will drop back to 36k and below soon.

I was one of them who chionged when COE dropped to $38K in 2016. The car price had never been lower since then. I made some realistic rash. Even if car price were to come lower in a year time, I already have enjoyed for at least 2 years. Did you have some good deal recent years?

You know what's more stressful? Those who bought too long ago at 50+k lol

Bad financial planning like those who bought cars without thinking really even more stressed.

My friends always say talk no need money. Give some figures to show your case. Edited by Pocy

Nobody like to buy things (cars) at higher prices. Make a realistic decision if need a car. If just want a car, one may have time to ........... one's choice

Edited by Pocy

Anyway, current situation for now till Dec, ADs and PIs who offered Guaranteed COEs will need to fulfil their orders, as such that the bidding for COEs will be still hovering above 40k regions. Anyway, They will also try to bid in the range that they will not require to rebate their customers on the COE. Hence, the COE will be stable until Jan 18 1st round...IMO

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 3