COE Bidding – 2nd Round of October 2017

Carbon82

You know what's more stressful? Those who bought too long ago at 50+k lol

Bad financial planning like those who bought cars without thinking really even more stressed.

thats nothing. those that bought at 70 to 90 K, now those are the kum gong one that is having buyer remorse.

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1

thats nothing. those that bought at 70 to 90 K, now those are the kum gong one that is having buyer remorse.

everybody limit on pain threshold is different.....mine very low one....
  • Praise 1

Need to wait till Dafansu bro to chut his very convincing PQP trend table to prove that COE has been declining.

It will be on a decline as long LTA don’t remove the 30/40% downpayment. The past 2 years high was mainly due to private hire companies which allow many to circumvent this regulation. I think this has more or less stabilised. Buy when u can afford rather than stretching to your limit. In a month time or so will be the announcement of the car growth %, this might change the pricing again. These few months dealers always quote that the VES will cause price to shoot up, but i think overwise, it’s more of the final pricing of car, if price need to adjust up due to this, COE will go down to balance it. Just ny thoughts.

Edited by Dafansu
  • Praise 2

how you know har?

we only see people waiting for coe prices to drop come here to laugh at others

but we don't see those who bought at high coe prices come here and kpkb saying they regretted buying leh

Edited by Enye
  • Praise 1

LTA due to release Nov to Jan COE quota. Any dropped in numbers (be it only by a few) will be widely reported in the news. Normally they do it on the second week of preceding month, but we are into the third week. Did i miss it?

Edited by GerryChua

LTA due to release Nov to Jan COE quota. Any dropped in numbers (be it only by a few) will be widely reported in the news. Normally they do it on the second week of preceding month, but we are into the third week. Did i miss it?

This is not that significant compare to the announcement of the car growth % for next few years, from Feb onwards 

You know what's more stressful? Those who bought too long ago at 50+k lol

Bad financial planning like those who bought cars without thinking really even more stressed.

How bout those who bought at 90k coe!

Can jump already.

How bout those who bought at 90k coe!

Can jump already.

No jump.

My friend already change car.

Because on 5yrs loan,Coe still worth 45k so already change.Detail I not very sure.

Anyway, current situation for now till Dec, ADs and PIs who offered Guaranteed COEs will need to fulfil their orders, as such that the bidding for COEs will be still hovering above 40k regions. Anyway, They will also try to bid in the range that they will not require to rebate their customers on the COE. Hence, the COE will be stable until Jan 18 1st round...IMO

Agree.Just see AD rebate will roughly know how much they gonna bid.It won't go below the rebate so roughly around 39k to 41k till year end.
  • Praise 1

I was one of them who chionged when COE dropped to $38K in 2016. The car price had never been lower since then. I made some realistic rash. Even if car price were to come lower in a year time, I already have enjoyed for at least 2 years. Did you have some good deal recent years?

My friends always say talk no need money. Give some figures to show your case.

He is Fruit-tart in disguise. Talk w/o justification & paying the penalty is easy. How could paying higher coe is more stress than those that are still siting by the fence in praying the coe price to drop?

One thing for sure is Paying at higher coe has already been enjoying their ride now

• Praise 4

Sorry to be blunt. Why call others name when u also didnt use brain to think? Do u believe that they will use their car for full 10 years cycle? Probably, half way down the road when coe drop to yr expected level, they would have already changed their next ride.

They drive more new cars than u. So dont just look at the disadvantage u believe in. It may be the advantage their believe out-weight the disadvantage

Edited by Lotr8445r
  • Praise 3

Sorry to be blunt. Why call others name when u also didnt use brain to think? Do u believe that they will use their car for full 10 years cycle? Probably, half way down the road when coe drop to yr expected level, they would have already changed their next ride.

They drive more new cars than u. So dont just look at the disadvantage u believe in. It may be the advantage their believe out-weight the disadvantage

From their replies, I can tell they nv own a new car b4
  • Praise 1

how you know har?

we only see people waiting for coe prices to drop come here to laugh at others

but we don't see those who bought at high coe prices come here and kpkb saying they regretted buying leh

ð

I got my car in April this year. I even topped up to get the coe.

Do I regret? Not really though I admit feeling a bit like I should have waited a bit more cos my original plan was to buy in September this year.

But I comfort myself as the reason why I plunged in to buy in Feb (purchased in Feb and topped up after two unsuccessful bids so got it on second bid March so got car in april) was that they were down to the last few units of the manual cars then.

If I had waited I might have ended up with no manual car and since owing a manual car was kind of something I always wanted to have, I did weigh the regret I would feel if I never got the car simply cos I was waiting for coe to drop.

So IMHO, those who bought at high prices don't really regret it cos it's something they want, assuming they did not over stretch themselves while buying the car. It's not like property where maybe they were hoping to flip for a profit hence will regret not getting at a lower price.

My two cents.

• Praise 2

I got my car in April this year. I even topped up to get the coe.

Do I regret? Not really though I admit feeling a bit like I should have waited a bit more cos my original plan was to buy in September this year.

But I comfort myself as the reason why I plunged in to buy in Feb (purchased in Feb and topped up after two unsuccessful bids so got it on second bid March so got car in april) was that they were down to the last few units of the manual cars then.

If I had waited I might have ended up with no manual car and since owing a manual car was kind of something I always wanted to have, I did weigh the regret I would feel if I never got the car simply cos I was waiting for coe to drop.

So IMHO, those who bought at high prices don't really regret it cos it's something they want, assuming they did not over stretch themselves while buying the car. It's not like property where maybe they were hoping to flip for a profit hence will regret not getting at a lower price.

My two cents.

What manual car u bought?

I wanted to buy manual car too but limited choices

Amelia

Sss

Accent

And the price is not attractive, features also very basic. Thus I bought auto

What manual car u bought?

I wanted to buy manual car too but limited choices

Amelia

Sss

Accent

And the price is not attractive, features also very basic. Thus I bought auto

Accent.

No more liao. The new accent is all auto. I went for car servicing yesterday so went to look at the cars. The manual accent there is on display only.

↡ Advertisement