E-Bikes

ER-3682

Agree that the simplest option is to ban them all.

LTA has to undo this stupid mess that it has created, but has no clues as to how it will turn out, and even less idea of how to deal with it.

By now, a number of people have died, and many more are injured, and i'm sure countless are frightened/worried, and most non-users are frustrated and upset at them...

If they can't control it, then dun let it run amok. The fella who proposed and the one who approved the idea, should be fired right away!

Last Friday e scooter dash in front of my car and threatened to beat me. He not happy I didn't give way to him.

Got send to TP/LTA or not?

He's not supposed to be there in the first place right?

• Praise 3

Last Friday e scooter dash in front of my car and threatened to beat me. He not happy I didn't give way to him.

Report him to the TP.

We don't need more of such irresponsible people on the roads and pavements.

• Praise 3

waaa what kind of ass is this ebiker , he think he has 9 life 

• Praise 2

LTA has to undo this stupid mess that it has created, but has no clues as to how it will turn out, and even less idea of how to deal with it.

By now, a number of people have died, and many more are injured, and i'm sure countless are frightened/worried, and most non-users are frustrated and upset at them...

If they can't control it, then dun let it run amok. The fella who proposed and the one who approved the idea, should be fired right away!

Thanks Bro, report online and police report liao 

post-81158-0-27973400-1508079338_thumb.pngpost-81158-0-58591300-1508079351_thumb.png

• Praise 11

f**k HIM!!!! <_<

• Praise 4

Aiyo!  He left his E-scooter and walked towards your car.  He's really seow.

I almost "collided" with a E-scooter last week too.  My kids and I were walking on the pavement.  As we were approaching a bend, an E-scooter suddenly turned into our path.  He had no time to stop and he jumped off his E-scooter to avoid hitting us and apologised to us. 

At least he apologised and he had been ringing his bell before turning into our path (actually its blind spot as there's blockage from the bend, we couldn't see each other approaching).   I was wondering where the ringing came from LOL.

Thanks Bro, report online and police report liao 

attachicon.gifsketch-1508079225392.pngattachicon.gifsketch-1508079214133.png

[thumbsup]

• Praise 3

chill lah guys, u guys don't even use e-scooters.

That's why u guys think it's dangerous etc etc.

I usually go to PCN to use it. I don't ride often so i don't really dare to zip  past people on a narrow pedestrian walkway so i usually dismount and walk when there's approaching pedestrians. 

The regulars usually don't bother. 

Of course nowadays u get those young men who bling bling their scooters with very bright headlamps and loud music.

In my very honest opinion, they are not worse than the cyclists u find on the pavements. 

Need to report him for threatening too. He should be educated.

Edited by Renegade777
  • Praise 2

Just ban all these things. They are such a nuisance to everyone on the pavements and the roads.

The streets were safe and orderly when the authorities ban them completely just years ago. Now the authorities are doing a very bad job of bringing these things back that makes the streets more hazardous and messy instead. Bad Move.  [thumbsdown]  [thumbsdown]  [thumbsdown]

Sorry hor!

Before the ban was lifted, these devices have been on the road.  I don't see much of an enforcement to remove them from the pavements and the roads.

We have never been orderly in any fashion unless there is someone carrying a cane walking around.

IMHO, even if I don't ride a motorcycle, I can form a reasonable opinion as to whether lane straddling, traffic weaving and tailgating by the motorcyclist is dangerous or not as a fellow road user.

Same goes for e-scooters, bicycles, other PMDs.

chill lah guys, u guys don't even use e-scooters.

That's why u guys think it's dangerous etc etc.

I usually go to PCN to use it. I don't ride often so i don't really dare to zip  past people on a narrow pedestrian walkway so i usually dismount and walk when there's approaching pedestrians. 

The regulars usually don't bother. 

Of course nowadays u get those young men who bling bling their scooters with very bright headlamps and loud music.

In my very honest opinion, they are not worse than the cyclists u find on the pavements. 

Sorry hor!

Before the ban was lifted, these devices have been on the road. I don't see much of an enforcement to remove them from the pavements and the roads.

We have never been orderly in any fashion unless there is someone carrying a cane walking around.

So shouldn't an enforcement be in place now to ban these devices?

It has been safer in the past because we don't see these devices whizzing anywhere as they please.

IMHO, even if I don't ride a motorcycle, I can form a reasonable opinion as to whether lane straddling, traffic weaving and tailgating by the motorcyclist is dangerous or not as a fellow road user.

Same goes for e-scooters, bicycles, other PMDs.

Enforcement upon enforcement upon enforcement doesn't work. 

Social responsibility and common sense is what will improve good behaviour.

Having dedicated cycling/PMD paths vs pedestrian paths will work just like what we have on PCNs etc but the space limitation is apparent in most urban pathways. 

U can't have enforcement officers policing every walkway in the estate.

So can we enforce people not to walk on cycling pathways as well?

I don' think it's very safe for the PMD users on the roads as well. 

I have yet to see the highlighted statement.

They have dedicated tonnes of resources plucking the lowest hanging fruit with their state of the art laser speed cameras for the TP to snipe in comfort of the sheltered overhead bridges.

How about diverting some of those resources to have more feet on the ground enforcing the rules they set?

If for every day I ride my illegally modified non approved PMD on the road/pavement, I risk a 50% chance of being caught and penalised. I will think harder if I should just stick to my BMW. Currently it seem like chances of getting caught is less than 5%?

Those following the straight and narrow has nothing to worry at all.

Enforcement upon enforcement upon enforcement doesn't work. 

Social responsibility and common sense is what will improve good behaviour.

Having dedicated cycling/PMD paths vs pedestrian paths will work just like what we have on PCNs etc but the space limitation is apparent in most urban pathways. 

U can't have enforcement officers policing every walkway in the estate.

So can we enforce people not to walk on cycling pathways as well?

I don' think it's very safe for the PMD users on the roads as well. 

So shouldn't an enforcement be in place now to ban these devices?

It has been safer in the past because we don't see these devices whizzing anywhere as they please.

Even these devices are banned, there will still be no enforcement.  Waste gas 1.

Proliferation of these devices is not about whether there are allowed to be used or not.

It has deeper implication from unreliable public transport, lack of point to point connectivity & f expensive COE.

Luckily, these users can only afford to use PMD. 

Imagine what will happens to the road once these ppls start driving.

They have dedicated tonnes of resources plucking the lowest hanging fruit with their state of the art laser speed cameras for the TP to snipe in comfort of the sheltered overhead bridges.

How about diverting some of those resources to have more feet on the ground enforcing the rules they set?

If for every day I ride my illegally modified non approved PMD on the road/pavement, I risk a 50% chance of being caught and penalised. I will think harder if I should just stick to my BMW. Currently it seem like chances of getting caught is less than 5%?

It's not even 5%. If it is 5%, the chance of being caught if you cycle for 200 days is 99.99% already....

I agree that enforcement don't seem to be pervasive.

There are enforcement officers out on the ground just that they are spread thin. The FB group does have these warden sightings alert.

But most of the complaints by the disgruntled pedestrians actually are not in question about the speed but the riding behaviour of people. Unless pedestrians also have gopro mounted on their head to document bad behaviour  [laugh] 

I believe the legal limit is 25 kph. I only ride at max 15kph but it will feel pretty fast when someone zip past u at that speed when u just walking. And our urban walkways are pretty narrow. So inevitably it will feel bit dangerous. When i dismount, sometimes i also have to walk on grass to push the scooter past.

Even these devices are banned, there will still be no enforcement. Waste gas 1.

Proliferation of these devices is not about whether there are allowed to be used or not.

It has deeper implication from unreliable public transport, lack of point to point connectivity & f expensive COE.

Luckily, these users can only afford to use PMD.

Imagine what will happens to the road once these ppls start driving.

At least on the roads, drivers are regulated, rules enforced and easily tracked with registration details. They need to pass a test in order to get a license to drive.

If these devices are banned, resources could be diverted to other areas, rather than a half hearted enforcement. They should only be permitted to people with special needs who need them.

The problems you stated above, who created them in the first place? Because of these problems created, does it mean we should allow such devices rooming dangerously and lawlessly that endangers all road users and pedestrians? No one bothers about enforcing the rules. Fine, just keep them off the streets.

↡ Advertisement