E-Bikes

ER-3682

At least on the roads, drivers are regulated, rules enforced and easily tracked with registration details. They need to pass a test in order to get a license to drive.

If these devices are banned, resources could be diverted to other areas, rather than a half hearted enforcement. They should only be permitted to people with special needs who need them.

The problems you stated above, who created them in the first place? Because of these problems created, does it mean we should allow such devices rooming dangerously and lawlessly that endangers all road users and pedestrians? No one bothers about enforcing the rules. Fine, just keep them off the streets.

Sorry hor.  Even it is ban now, you still see a lot of them on the road.  No enforcement on the road.

There is no enforcement past, present & future.

Why is it limited to people with special needs?  Who determine what's the criteria?

If drivers are regulated, why do we have reckless driver thread?

↡ Advertisement

Even these devices are banned, there will still be no enforcement.  Waste gas 1.

Proliferation of these devices is not about whether there are allowed to be used or not.

It has deeper implication from unreliable public transport, lack of point to point connectivity & f expensive COE.

Luckily, these users can only afford to use PMD. 

Imagine what will happens to the road once these ppls start driving.

i don't want to stereotype but yeah. I see it in my neighbourhood all the time.

• Praise 1

Sorry hor. Even it is ban now, you still see a lot of them on the road. No enforcement on the road.

There is no enforcement past, present & future.

Why is it limited to people with special needs? Who determine what's the criteria?

If drivers are regulated, why do we have reckless driver thread?

It was banned in the past just years back and within months almost all are eradicated. Enforcement was well done to almost completely remove them from the streets just years back.

People who have mobility disabilities should only permitted to use these devices. Medical records from doctors can recommend permits for these needy people to use the approved devices to make them move around easier.

Drivers are regulated. You have traffic rules to obey and you have law enforcers to deal with those who broke the rules and track them with their registration details.

Does the reckless driver thread only serves its purpose of just showing reckless drivers, or providing more information of errant drivers to the authorities and other drivers, eg registration details, place and time of incidents?

Last Friday e scooter dash in front of my car and threatened to beat me. He not happy I didn't give way to him.

Wah! Gangster!

i don't want to stereotype but yeah. I see it in my neighbourhood all the time.

The naughty boys always gather around the pavilion there

Then got this one boomz boomz boomz

Jin satki mens

JBL-Charge-3-watersplash-Teal_dvHAMaster

Need to report him for threatening too. He should be educated.

Yes I agree

Better to for re-education :XD:

• Praise 1

To me, really no difference lah. Last time they running around with bicycles/fixies. Now they running around on e-scooters. Just got more headlamps and music sibei boomz

Wah! Gangster!
The naughty boys always gather around the pavilion there
Then got this one boomz boomz boomz
Jin satki mens
Yes I agree
Better to for re-education :XD:

I'm more worried abt foodpanda riders who are in a rush.

To me, really no difference lah. Last time they running around with bicycles/fixies. Now they running around on e-scooters. Just got more headlamps and music sibei boomz

I prefer the boomz

At least you know they are coming

• Praise 2

Don't forget the speed. Normal peddling bicycles don't go faster than a bus.
  • Praise 2

I prefer the boomz

At least you know they are coming

yes that's my opinion too.

Don't forget the speed. Normal peddling bicycles don't go faster than a bus.

Everyone just have to look out for each other more. Granted it's much easier to be a dickhead when u are on a bicycle and worse a scooter.

chill lah guys, u guys don't even use e-scooters.

That's why u guys think it's dangerous etc etc.

I usually go to PCN to use it. I don't ride often so i don't really dare to zip  past people on a narrow pedestrian walkway so i usually dismount and walk when there's approaching pedestrians. 

The regulars usually don't bother. 

Of course nowadays u get those young men who bling bling their scooters with very bright headlamps and loud music.

In my very honest opinion, they are not worse than the cyclists u find on the pavements. 

I think you are probably the exception in terms of those who use the e-bikes, e-scooters, PMDs, etc. in that you will spare a thought for the other human beings co-existing within a radius of 100 m  [laugh]

The problem is that most other of these users, do not bother, and they are the ones who spoilt the market. Badly too.

That is the reason why so many people - drivers and pedestrians alike - are so angry at them. OK, we tend to generalise, but there are simply too many negative examples of them... and we ourselves have seen countless times already.

• Praise 1

I think you are probably the exception in terms of those who use the e-bikes, e-scooters, PMDs, etc. in that you will spare a thought for the other human beings co-existing within a radius of 100 m  [laugh]

The problem is that most other of these users, do not bother, and they are the ones who spoilt the market. Badly too.

That is the reason why so many people - drivers and pedestrians alike - are so angry at them. OK, we tend to generalise, but there are simply too many negative examples of them... and we ourselves have seen countless times already.

It's not that i'm very thoughtful but more because i seldom ride the e-scooter, sometimes months in between like recently, so my low speed control is buay steady. And pyschologically going past a oncoming pedestrian is like driving past another car on a single lane road, better be safe than sorry right.

Fall down also sibei painful right  [laugh]

U have to understand that just like bicycle, a certain speed is important, if i'm going past something i will also speed up a bit to reduce chance of instability during low speed.

It was banned in the past just years back and within months almost all are eradicated. Enforcement was well done to almost completely remove them from the streets just years back.

People who have mobility disabilities should only permitted to use these devices. Medical records from doctors can recommend permits for these needy people to use the approved devices to make them move around easier.

Drivers are regulated. You have traffic rules to obey and you have law enforcers to deal with those who broke the rules and track them with their registration details.

Does the reckless driver thread only serves its purpose of just showing reckless drivers, or providing more information of errant drivers to the authorities and other drivers, eg registration details, place and time of incidents?

PMD WAS NEVER allowed on public roads & property.  What to eradicate?

On the other hand, power-assisted bicycle is allowed on the road.  But no enforcement against illegal or/and modified PAB.  These PAB is rampant in Geylang hor.

Lastly, Authorities will not give ahoot about errant drivers unless a report is lodged under OFFICIAL channel.

I give you  a personal experience with these ecooters. 

You know those old narrow conserved shop houses walkways? I have to use them almost daily as they are in between my home and the nearest amenities.

I walk with my son in hand side by side just nice filling the walkway width.  straight ahead a few shops down is this  teenager on escooter coming towards us at faster than running speed. As he got nearer, I see that he has no intention to slow down to dismount to negotiate the potential meetup point, I quickly pull my son behind me and stop right there, bracing for impact if he did not managed to squeeze pass me.

Luckily he did manage to squeeze pass but not before brushing my T-shirt sleeve. IT was that close.

You can say  that if I had not stopped and create a space for him to squeeze pass me, he would have stopped and dismount anyway.....how can I assume that? How to put my own son's safety in the hands of a total stranger whom I have no confidence of him doing the right thing?

On the other hand, I have encountered an ang moh lady on bicycle trying to cycled down the same corridor, when I saw her, I stood one side with my boy and signalled for her to pass. Instead she dismounted and beckon for me and my son to go pass her instead before she got on her way.

It's not that i'm very thoughtful but more because i seldom ride the e-scooter, sometimes months in between like recently, so my low speed control is buay steady. And pyschologically going past a oncoming pedestrian is like driving past another car on a single lane road, better be safe than sorry right.

Fall down also sibei painful right  [laugh]

U have to understand that just like bicycle, a certain speed is important, if i'm going past something i will also speed up a bit to reduce chance of instability during low speed.

• Praise 1

You know those old narrow conserved shop houses walkways? I have to use them almost daily as they are in between my home and the nearest amenities.

I walk with my son in hand side by side just nice filling the walkway width.  straight ahead a few shops down is this  teenager on escooter coming towards us at faster than running speed. As he got nearer, I see that he has no intention to slow down to dismount to negotiate the potential meetup point, I quickly pull my son behind me and stop right there, bracing for impact if he did not managed to squeeze pass me.

Luckily he did manage to squeeze pass but not before brushing my T-shirt sleeve. IT was that close.

You can say  that if I had not stopped and create a space for him to squeeze pass me, he would have stopped and dismount anyway.....how can I assume that? How to put my own son's safety in the hands of a total stranger whom I have no confidence of him doing the right thing?

On the other hand, I have encountered an ang moh lady on bicycle trying to cycled down the same corridor, when I saw her, I stood one side with my boy and signalled for her to pass. Instead she dismounted and beckon for me and my son to go pass her instead before she got on her way.

How to improve the teenager's etiquette/behaviour?

Complete ban would it help? Nope. a vast network of CCTVs would it help? Nope.

A "mata" walking around fining everyone he sees for "bad behaviour? Would it help? Debatable even.

Like i said before, he probably wasn't even traveling at more than 10+ kph in the walkway, so a limit on top speed only impacts the speed demons but doesn't improve such behaviour.

I will also err on the side of caution but other than a complete ban, would enforcement help?

If he was riding a foldable mini bicycle, would u have done anything differently?

I tell my kids, bicycles are dangerous. So always stay to one side when u hear bicycle bells. by all extension, same behaviour when u see PMDs.

If i am in your shoe, i will raise my hand to block his way.  Let him fall on the ground face down.

You have just make his behaviour get worse.

I have problem pushing these users if necessary.

PMD WAS NEVER allowed on public roads & property. What to eradicate?

On the other hand, power-assisted bicycle is allowed on the road. But no enforcement against illegal or/and modified PAB. These PAB is rampant in Geylang hor.

Lastly, Authorities will not give ahoot about errant drivers unless a report is lodged under OFFICIAL channel.

Never allowed in law but how many have ignored, abused the law and use them on the roads and pavements as they please?

While an official police report is to be lodged as an official statement of the incident, videos like these serves as evidences of the scene of the incidents, eg registration details, place and time of incident. Not useful?

Incidents that are trivial are more of awareness to other drivers of certain behaviors of errand drivers and keep a lookout of them, avoiding them where possible.

• Praise 1

I don't want to act hero like this guy.....

neo-gim-huah---1838514.png

http://www.channelnewsasia.com/news/singapore/man-sentenced-to-3-weeks-jail-for-slapping-blogger-amos-yee-8264710

He might have done what most people would have felt like doing to Amos....but he did not get away with it.

If i am in your shoe, i will raise my hand to block his way.  Let him fall on the ground face down.

You have just make his behaviour get worse.

I have problem pushing these users if necessary.

Never allowed in law but how many have ignored, abused the law and use them on the roads and pavements as they please?

I have said countless time.  Lack of enforcement resulted in the behaviour mentioned aboved.  We are going into circular reference now.

While an official police report is to be lodged as an official statement of the incident, videos like these serves as evidences of the scene of the incidents, eg registration details, place and time of incident. Not useful?

Incidents that are trivial are more of awareness to other drivers of certain behaviors of errand drivers and keep a lookout of them, avoiding them where possible.

It is an useless evidence unless lodged with TP using official channel.

Despite shaming from social media/forum, it seems like these behaviours are getting more rampant.

I don't want to act hero like this guy.....

neo-gim-huah---1838514.png

http://www.channelnewsasia.com/news/singapore/man-sentenced-to-3-weeks-jail-for-slapping-blogger-amos-yee-8264710

He might have done what most people would have felt like doing to Amos....but he did not get away with it.

I never said wack the fellow.

Don't anyhow misinterpret my message hor.

↡ Advertisement