Help! Appeal careless driving offence?

DorisChin

a clear head and good attitude would definitely help.

when i was rear-ended last year when i stopped at a amber light, the driver's first question was : you could have gone through, why didn't you go ?

that was really a bad start.

This kind I will not answer. Just take photos and claim from his insurance. Of course, it helps that I have a front and rear camera.

↡ Advertisement

once i heard that, i kicked into offensive mode liow ... instead of apologizing to me, he blame me ??

i straightway asked him if he did not attend driving school is it ? yellow light is stop or step on the gas ? then he still argue.

knn, with my wife and my one year old baby in the back seat, i already hot liow ... but i just maintain the lights were yellow ... then after a while he said go to his workshop to fix.

You are too kind. With unreasonable people, you should just whack his insurance. Change an entirely new bumper at his expense.

A bit late but in this case, isn't it better for the other party to private settle? Since you would then presumably pay for a modified bumper? (Can't be more expensive than claiming insurance right?).

You can say sorry but don't admit fault. Even insurance coy will tell you never to admit fault.

Learn from our politicians and do a classic non-apology apology.

Thanks for the advice...

Tell your husband to learn from this incident and b more cautious when moving out from parking lot.. Shit happened.. Lesson learnt..  This case reminds me of "the elite driving lexus or harrier run ppl down and say it's tree branch story"   

Look at the bright side.. 3rd party only claim damages.. claim injuries then siao liao~  :TT_TT:

Edited by SGCMmaomao
  • Praise 2

Twincharged

You are too kind. With unreasonable people, you should just whack his insurance. Change an entirely new bumper at his expense.

the workshop boss said so too ... (that I was kind)

since my old car left one year I also did not want to pursue the matter ... so the w/s boss rec to repair and then give me another $100 to cover 3 days loss of use.

Twincharged

Some things just don't add up. I shall summarize:

Most dash cams don't hold more than a few days' worth of recordings. The time elapsed for the other car's owner to realize the hit and run, capture the footage, and report the (minor) matter to the TP, and for the TP to process the case and contact your husband took how long?

For you to download the footage, it must mean you realized a hit and run was committed. You or your husband should have owned up first.

How did the other driver get your husband's phone number? I am sure the TP will not provide such details to the other party. 

I don't think we are seeing the full story yet.

something like this ?

This thread can be considered closed as TS had exited this forum. She did not expect the responses she had received, I think!

• Praise 1

I don’t understand.... If it is clear that there was an accident caused, admit to it and face up to the consequences. Claim insurance or pte settlement is up to you to negotiate, if the other party wants to claim insurance then too bad.

If he’s got evidence you bumped into him and proceeds to claim, then let the insurance handle. That’s why we purchase insurance right, in case of accidents.

Instead of talking about what clips he uses, driver feeling the bump etc... Let’s look at the facts, did your hubby hit the other car? If yes, just face up to it.

• Praise 2

Turbocharged

Hubby was driving my car. Received call from TP suddenly saying that there was a hit-and-run by my car. Finally found out that the "hit-and-run" was when hubby came out of parking lot and accidently hit the side of another car, causing the other car bumper to fall off.

He was not aware that he had hit the other car. My car camera showed that his exit from parking lot was smooth and there was no sudden stop by my car. He also did not exit the car to check or anything like that.

My car (Merc) showed some paint on the back passenger (right side) door. Upon some washing, all was removed and only a tiny small pen hole dent as found.

Hubby then received a notice of offence from TP. 2 offences - careless driving ($200 + 6 points) and $200 for failing to stop after accident.

Hubby said to just pay up and close case. But I feel its rather unfair and he should appeal. Any advice?

Knock other people's car never stop yet still wanna appeal. Next time I drive a 3tonner n roll over your merc without feeling anything I can also appeal?? :D

Unfortunately the other party a bit "cukoo", refuse to settle, must claim insurance. Also trying to record incriminating evidence, so we give up on him liao.

Lucky I have NCB protector. Not sure how my insurance will respond to him, unless he got car camera. According to TP, there is no camera at the area where the accident happened.

I know that he is not happy about accident. But really, it's not like purposely hit him.

Honestly, my hubby say he was not aware until TP call him. I guess his car workmanship too poor when he do the modification. Like toufu, one small hit at the side and entire bumper fall off.

Your hubby driving cmi now u blame other car like toufu??
  • Praise 4

somehow your hubby has a poor sense of hearing or your Merc really has a very good sound insulation!  [shakehead] 

driving out from carpark lot also can hit until bumper dropped off. If it was my car, I will also lodge a police report and refuse to settle privately. serve you right. 

Hubby was driving my car. Received call from TP suddenly saying that there was a hit-and-run by my car. Finally found out that the "hit-and-run" was when hubby came out of parking lot and accidently hit the side of another car, causing the other car bumper to fall off.

He was not aware that he had hit the other car. My car camera showed that his exit from parking lot was smooth and there was no sudden stop by my car. He also did not exit the car to check or anything like that.

My car (Merc) showed some paint on the back passenger (right side) door. Upon some washing, all was removed and only a tiny small pen hole dent as found.

Hubby then received a notice of offence from TP. 2 offences - careless driving ($200 + 6 points) and $200 for failing to stop after accident.

Hubby said to just pay up and close case. But I feel its rather unfair and he should appeal. Any advice? 

She doesn’t know we all got free will? She wants to hear us siding with her only??delusional

You bang people(hit n run some more) pay up n move on

Edited by uniquely_ad
  • Praise 3

Twincharged

Why everyone say cannot get back his modified bumper? Most modified bumpers cost less than the original ones RRP. Just invoice for original bumper and install any new modded bumper he wants through the same workshop. Win-win for the car owner and workshop. 

Edited by Nzy
↡ Advertisement