Traded in car with AD and it was sold in less than 3 days

Battledome64

This kind of 30k car is easy to sell direct, more likely buyer can offer you full cash.

If more expensive, better to trade in to avoid hassle. Troublesome if buyer needs to get loan for purchase.

Actually if u sell at sgcarmart, they can assist in arranging loan for buyer n paperwork as well so quite seamless n hassle free. Only issue is to face the buyers, discern the serious ones from the low ballers, waste time answering calls, allow test drives etc.

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 5

My previous car I paid $90 to advertise on SGcarmart.. car sold on third day too. Got an offer to buy my car on the same day.. sold to 3rd dealer who is waiting to give 3 weeks to handover car.

Initially wanna trade in to AD when buy new car, quoted 27k by AD so I say no thanks.

3 direct buyers who are too smart asking 25-27k when the same model and age is advertising for 38-41k on SGcarmart by dealers (before nego) , I told them offer me 31k but they too smart say don't want.. so I say thank you for your interest

3 dealers asking 30-31k. Finally sold to the last dealer who brings his cheque and give me deposit in the spot and say no problem I wait for up to one month for your new car to arrive.

Sweat a little clean car take few photos and pay $90 advert get 4K more and sell in less than 3 days. Quite worth it as I don't make 4K in few hours

Edited by Vinceng

I tried consignment b4. Gosh....what a waste of time

consignment is u buy from dealer right? do share your experience? haha...

If you leave your car at the dealer, it should be straightforward, unless you still hold possession of the car and  have to drive down to the dealer for potential buyers to test drive.

Edited by Vinceng

Anyone tried selling your car to the outside workshop that service your car.

I would imagine they will see a gem as well if the car record is relatively great.

If you leave your car at the dealer, it should be straightforward, unless you still hold possession of the car and have to drive down to the dealer for potential buyers to test drive.

Don't think it's so straightforward. Consignment dealer takes only $500 from seller if sales go thru. If leave car there, the consignment car takes up 1 expensive lot. They sell their own stock, profit easily $5k-10k. Think the main incentive for them is to bolster their 'inventory'....

Selling on your own will likely get the best deal.

Need to spend some time and maybe $$ to advertise, but it should be worth it, no matter the age of the car.

When i got my new car at AD, they didn't do overtrade, and said will take in my car at scrap only, which was the common practice as it only had 4-5 mth left. So i said I will settle myself.

Waited for almost 2 mth for collection, and car had 2-3 mth left. Suited the PHV drivers perfectly, as can't price high anyway. In the end still got $700 more than scrap ($500 only if consider body value). 

Just spent some time on PMs and drove the car for one test drive, which was not far from my place so it was ok.

Me too. I posted in a thread here, for those cars soon to be scrapped. 

I sold my Japanese car with 18 months COE left, at $6K annual depreciation.

Sgcarmart was advertising at $9K annual depreciation onwards.

Sold to a direct buyer the next day. Had to  turn away the 2nd viewer who was scheduled to view car after the 1st buyer.

But I do notice  a lot of scavengers and low-ballers here, trying to low ball me at $5K annual depreciation for a 8 1/2 yr old , 1st owner car, serviced at agent, with only 90,000km annual mileage.  [hur]

If your car was in good condition, then i would say it was a ridiculously bad deal.

I bought a car with 14 mth left last year, betting that COE would drop by last year end, and drop further this year. It didn't happen  [bigcry]

The cheapest car i could find in decent condition in SGCmart was at 9.6k depreciation, through direct seller. Other dealers said can't get cheaper ones as Uber/Grab were snapping up cars, so they are not afraid cannot sell...

• Praise 1

AD makan your car and say your car is worthless ... can give paper value only ... you believe?

in 3 days your car is not worthless but a GEM ... lol

Ya..my previous car was sold (trade in) the moment I signed with the PI for my new vezel. Delivery/hand over in 3 month times.

consignment might as well sell it yourself, same things happen, same time taken and you still have to pay them comm.  [laugh]  [laugh]  [laugh]

• Praise 3

Had the same encounter when I was buying brand new swift in may.

Champion motors quoted my mar 09 manual avante trade in price 14k, Mitsubishi 12k (+5k trade in discount for their lancer). The SE I signed with helped me source for a dealer on his own whom quoted me 18k.

In the end, I managed to sell it myself on sgcarmart for 19.5k. Depre at around 7k+ annually

Which was a fair deal for direct seller/buyer transaction.

Edited by walkofwinners
  • Praise 2

consignment might as well sell it yourself, same things happen, same time taken and you still have to pay them comm. [laugh][laugh][laugh]

Sold a car myself b4 and buyer asked if I can provide high loan and do trade in although I clearly listed it as a direct owner sale. What a goondu!

dealer will always mark down around 4-5k from market selling price as buying price. the only way to get a cut of this is to sell direct

Agree.Unless the car is in good conditions.

For me,Others than paintwork not in good shape,power window failure,brake pad almost gone,brake disc wrap and roadtax expire in less than 2wks and cost me $600 to renew for 6mths cos is 2 litre car and insurance also due.

So for me can save the trouble for all these if trade to dealer.

Agree.Unless the car is in good conditions.

For me,Others than paintwork not in good shape,power window failure,brake pad almost gone,brake disc wrap and roadtax expire in less than 2wks and cost me $600 to renew for 6mths cos is 2 litre car and insurance also due.

So for me can save the trouble for all these if trade to dealer.

if car is in good condition and u have the time and experience, should sell direct. 

if lazy like me then trade to dealer haha... got to work for the money

• Praise 1

Normally how do direct buyers test drive your car? What if they floor the gas pedal sending the rpm to the red zone or do hard e-brake then after that say dun wan to buy liao. Do they do this type of insane test drive?

Normally how do direct buyers test drive your car? What if they floor the gas pedal sending the rpm to the red zone or do hard e-brake then after that say dun wan to buy liao. Do they do this type of insane test drive?

If I don't trust the person (younger buyers) usually I will say I drive they can sit in the car, or they drive I sit.

But when I sold my mini a mature buyer drove up to my house in a maserati left the keys with me and took the car for a test drive so I told him don't drive back no worries lol( kidding of course)

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1