Complaint about uber/grab - smell & bad habbits

countach

Today, one charbo rider brought in with her, what smells like paint thinner. [:/]

Can't wait for the trip to finish to get rid of her.

And then have to wind down all the windows to air.

Yes, some of us drivers don't want to have stinky smell too.

Some riders are just stinko, have body odour, extremely bad breath, or just finished his cigarette and got into the car.

Unfortunately, I got good smelling sense but poor hearing sense.

I wish it was the other way around.

• Praise 1

My car also used to smell bad after long hours drive as picked up too many rider. Some smoke before enter car got smoke smell, some drink alcohol, some got sweat smell and a lot others smell.

I tried air fresher, it does not work. Then I invest SGD 100 plus on air purifier for car and it works wonder..

From then on there is no more smell and the air I breathe is super fresh.

Strongly recommend uber/grab and taxi driver to invest in one of these air purifier. Sure will not regret one..

attachicon.gifsketch-1508315535067.png

I read that baking soda and vinegar can clean the seat and remove bad smell.

But need to find a way to clean it without getting the seat soaking wet.

Perhaps, just sprinkling baking soda on the fabric seat, rub it in, and let it stay for a few hours.

Then vacuum the powder off.

You can always feedback through the app. Uber/Grab will then give warning (but whether they heed or not is another issue la).

But sometimes there are also inconsiderate riders who dirty and soil the cars and make a mess. I ever had riders leave behind sweet wrappers and used tissue in my car when I was driving before. And it will be hard to notice since they're at the back and I'm in front.

Some jackass even went to the length to leave a used tissue INSIDE my rear armrest. This kind how to see? Really KNNBCCB sia.

• Praise 3

You can always feedback through the app. Uber/Grab will then give warning (but whether they heed or not is another issue la).

But sometimes there are also inconsiderate riders who dirty and soil the cars and make a mess. I ever had riders leave behind sweet wrappers and used tissue in my car when I was driving before. And it will be hard to notice since they're at the back and I'm in front.

Some jackass even went to the length to leave a used tissue INSIDE my rear armrest. This kind how to see? Really KNNBCCB sia.

This happened all the time.. And it was some rider who mentioned that there is cigarette but in the car door holder or some tissue in the seat or sweet wrappers. There is even empty plastic bottle. Then I realised it.

Some of the rider treat our cars like rubbish bin.. And u don't know who is the culprit as after I dropped off, I 95% of the time with not look back at the back seat and just drove off.

Edited by Yewheng
  • Praise 1

My car also used to smell bad after long hours drive as picked up too many rider. Some smoke before enter car got smoke smell, some drink alcohol, some got sweat smell and a lot others smell.

I tried air fresher, it does not work. Then I invest SGD 100 plus on air purifier for car and it works wonder..

From then on there is no more smell and the air I breathe is super fresh.

Strongly recommend uber/grab and taxi driver to invest in one of these air purifier. Sure will not regret one..

attachicon.gifsketch-1508315535067.png

Glad u shared this. Thanks.

Does it include Ioniser function as well? Maintenance wise, need to change filter?

Where can I go to check it out?

• Praise 1

Glad u shared this. Thanks.

Does it include Ioniser function as well? Maintenance wise, need to change filter?

Where can I go to check it out?

There is filter. But I don't know how long it need to be changed as I just bought it recently..

​The product i bought is this..

http://www.qoo10.sg/gmkt.inc/Goods/Goods.aspx?goodscode=458050470

​There is also youtube video on how good this portable air filter can suck in smoke in the car and within 10 minutes all the smoke is gone.

​No ioniser, it only take in and filter air. The filter is the one which does its job.

Edited by Yewheng
  • Praise 3

Recently been seeing more cases of cars travelling slowly and veering out of the lane, then when overtaking and looking in, saw that the driver was texting! I would not like to stereotype Grab/Uber drivers, but many times these cars have the LTA Private Hire decal on the windscreen...

I understand that Grab/Uber drivers need to access the app on their phones for their business, but this should be done in a safe way which would not endanger themselves and other road users as well... 

In addition, TP does not seem to consider this as an offence? Maybe the MCFers can clarify on this...

http://www.straitstimes.com/singapore/transport/traffic-police-clarifies-conditions-that-constitute-illegal-cellphone-driving

Note to mods: Have not found a similar thread, but can combine with any previous thread if applicable. Thanks. 

sometimes i will tell them about the tissues, esp when its at the door come in sure touch one. - for some i see probably is family car so i tahan abit haii

Recently been seeing more cases of cars travelling slowly and veering out of the lane, then when overtaking and looking in, saw that the driver was texting! I would not like to stereotype Grab/Uber drivers, but many times these cars have the LTA Private Hire decal on the windscreen...

I understand that Grab/Uber drivers need to access the app on their phones for their business, but this should be done in a safe way which would not endanger themselves and other road users as well... 

In addition, TP does not seem to consider this as an offence? Maybe the MCFers can clarify on this...

http://www.straitstimes.com/singapore/transport/traffic-police-clarifies-conditions-that-constitute-illegal-cellphone-driving

Note to mods: Have not found a similar thread, but can combine with any previous thread if applicable. Thanks. 

Cause there are simply too many PHV on the road, so higher chance to bump onto them. Recently i have one friend car kena hit at the back by a PHV at a junction!

Cause there are simply too many PHV on the road, so higher chance to bump onto them. Recently i have one friend car kena hit at the back by a PHV at a junction!

so how? can claim from PHV company insurance?

I find that most Grab cars tend to have overwhelming air fresheners.

Gives me a bad headache. 

Are these standard, provided by the car rental company or GRAB? 

I find that most Grab cars tend to have overwhelming air fresheners.

Gives me a bad headache. 

Are these standard, provided by the car rental company or GRAB? 

not sure about Grab but i find Uber cars all have the same air freshener, maybe is a gift when you sign up as driver   [laugh]

↡ Advertisement