When will LTA implement "Stop the Crash"? Or wait long long?

Jwee85

Was reading all these safety system that must be compulsory all over the world.

Cant help wondering will it be possible for Singapore to implement such system requirements?

Or is Emission Taxes and COE and more importantly the evil ARF Tax structure that made all the safety features 2.2times more expensive when the car are registered.

Haiz....am i dreaming and need to wait long long while even China and Malaysia is leapfrogging Singapore......

https://paultan.org/2017/10/17/twelve-chinese-car-brands-to-include-electronic-stability-control-in-all-cars-from-january-2018/

Twelve Chinese car brands have announced their decision to fit all new models with electronic stability control (ESC) from January 2018. They brands are Besturn, Changan, Dongfeng Fengshen, Geely, Haval, Hongqi, Lynk & Co, MG, Trumpchi, Roewe, Senova, and Wey. Collectively, they represent 85% of the domestic brand market.

The carmakers made the announcement at today’s launch of Stop the Crash China in Shanghai. Stop the Crash is a Global NCAP led partnership which has been campaigning around the world to promote crash avoidance technologies. 

The anti-skid technology, which can help prevent loss of control crashes, has been mandatory in both the European Union and United States since 2012.

“This is a bold step by Chinese manufacturers, who have shown a real commitment to road safety by fitting this technology as standard ahead of regulatory requirements. CATARC is committed to continuing to promote Stop the Crash technologies and to save lives in China,” said Yu Kai, party secretary of China Automotive Technology and Research Center (CATARC).

At a Stop the Crash event in November 2016, the Malaysian government announced that all new vehicles in our market will be required to be fitted with ESC by June 2018. “We are proud that the Malaysian government is taking this important step forward in road safety and to be the first ASEAN country to mandate ESC,” transport minister Datuk Seri Liow Tiong Lai said then.

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 3

hmm i believe many of our newer cars in SG have some sort of anti-skid technology already. i know many Toyota models have the option to activate traction control, for travel during winter conditions in Japan.

• Praise 2

the ever popular K3 mid and lower trims dont have traction control.... what a joke.....even the Chinese is doing better

my friends say i drive like a mad man.....some say i drive like a typical racer wannabe......i dont need traction control to keep my car beyond its safety limit bcos i know it's limitations and thank god i have never been into an accident save the day i was rear-ended a few yrs back. This gizmos are the very things that makes a driver complacent and over-confident in his/her ability. Edited by Eviilusion
  • Praise 4

Just keep in mind safety features operate within car makers lab tests. Cross that line you are on your own.

Ppl think it's a safety nanny that will protect the driver and its passengers in any speed and at any conditions. It doesn't. It's only optimal in lab tests settings.

Edited by Watwheels
  • Praise 1

Can earn money or not? if not then they implement for what?

Every policy they come up with, objective is the same one. Whatever your emissions or safety or EV nonsense, if cannot earn money they just won't be bothered.

• Praise 5

save the day i was rear-ended a few yrs back.

Remind me during 90s at world trade centre area,front car suddenly brake in lane 1,i manage to filter to lane 2 but behind me,the car cant stop in time and hit the front car with a loud bang.

For my jap car only simple brakes during that time.

Remind me during 90s at world trade centre area,front car suddenly brake in lane 1,i manage to filter to lane 2 but behind me,the car cant stop in time and hit the front car with a loud bang.

For my jap car only simple brakes during that time.

wah....that car must sleeping! Sway for the vehicle behind me was those kangoo type of van with no abs. Fella had allowed me to cut in and one car jam braked. The taxi infront managed to stop and so did i but the van couldnt and hit my rear. Pity the young chap.

the ever popular K3 mid and lower trims dont have traction control.... what a joke.....even the Chinese is doing better

Look at the cars in accidents nowadays, they have traction control also jialat. It's only assistance, driver is ultimately the one in control.

Also don't forget the most basic traction control: replacing tyres when it's worn down.

• Praise 2

Look at the cars in accidents nowadays, they have traction control also jialat. It's only assistance, driver is ultimately the one in control.

Also don't forget the most basic traction control: replacing tyres when it's worn down.

Not all tyre is the same.  There are tyre that helps to reduce FC.  These tyre has may extend the braking distance.

my friends say i drive like a mad man.....some say i drive like a typical racer wannabe......i dont need traction control to keep my car beyond its safety limit bcos i know it's limitations and thank god i have never been into an accident save the day i was rear-ended a few yrs back. This gizmos are the very things that makes a driver complacent and over-confident in his/her ability.

Bro, join me at the race track. Race cars, ​ABS also taken out. You can drive to the limits, and beyond, in a safe environment.

Don't tempt fate on the road.

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1