Nissan motor stop production of cars for Japan

Sugimoto

This year japan's car industries so happening.

1st is Kobe steel scandal, now Nissan also face trouble by allowing their unqualified staffs to QC their cars on final inspection stage before rolling off the assembly line.

Its across the whole range of their vehicles, not just 1 or 2 models involved.

https://www.reuters.com/article/us-nissan-recall/nissan-to-suspend-domestic-production-of-cars-for-japan-market-idUSKBN1CO1FW

Recall list:

http://www.nissan.co.jp/RECALL/DATA/report4126.html?rstid=20140314rst000001001

Edited by Sugimoto
↡ Advertisement

Caught red-handed what?! What to do?  [rolleyes] 

Nissan is among the few car brands that I like, but mistake is mistake. No need sugar-coating.

Japan’s transport ministry said this month it had discovered that uncertified technicians at plants producing Nissan vehicles were using the stamps of certified technicians to sign off on final vehicle inspections, in violation of ministry guidelines.

wow yet another Jap car scandal... hope none of the Nissan cars here are affected. this will seriously affect Nissan's reputation.

wow yet another Jap car scandal... hope none of the Nissan cars here are affected. this will seriously affect Nissan's reputation.

It says only those manufactured for their domestic market is affected. As usual, local market ones are 'safe for consumption'

It says only those manufactured for their domestic market is affected. As usual, local market ones are 'safe for consumption' ðð

thats what the report says for now but there may be more findings later on. generally people would expect JDM to be of better QC than overseas markets.

hope no more new cases...

Well at least the japs came clean and admitted their short falls.

Here.....nevermind.

agreed. as compared to some other countries...

It says only those manufactured for their domestic market is affected. As usual, local market ones are 'safe for consumption'

It also means if got PI do parallel import of Nissan Vehicles from Japan, those are affected as well.

let's see if any of the PIs do a recall.

Caught red-handed what?! What to do?  [rolleyes] 

Nissan is among the few car brands that I like, but mistake is mistake. No need sugar-coating.

Japan’s transport ministry said this month it had discovered that uncertified technicians at plants producing Nissan vehicles were using the stamps of certified technicians to sign off on final vehicle inspections, in violation of ministry guidelines.

I wonder if our MRT technicians are..................... [laugh]

It says only those manufactured for their domestic market is affected. As usual, local market ones are 'safe for consumption' ðð

Nissan has been lying all along. Suddenly they tell the truth for cars bound for SG...?? LOL

car maker all sibei keng one

vw group including audi and porsche scandal

bmw and daimler (mercedes) now also kena

unlike 20-30 years ago ... car maker make car like money printing machine

now their profit is hit ... all chut pattern more than badminton

amdk , sushi and kimchi maker ... all same same but different pattern in cheating ... their mind only think of $$$

post-7984-0-61745900-1508582430_thumb.jpeg

Edited by Wt_know
  • Praise 1

It also means if got PI do parallel import of Nissan Vehicles from Japan, those are affected as well.

overseas market totally not affected. if i recall from the report, this is because other countries will inspect the car when it enters their market. i think even for singapore, PI or not, sure will be inspected ma.

but anyway, if you read the article, this recall is nothing to do with anything wrong with the car. unqualified person check doesnt mean they purposely allow faults to go through also. so i think nothing to worry about, even for someone staying in japan and bought the car.

overseas market totally not affected. if i recall from the report, this is because other countries will inspect the car when it enters their market. i think even for singapore, PI or not, sure will be inspected ma.

but anyway, if you read the article, this recall is nothing to do with anything wrong with the car. unqualified person check doesnt mean they purposely allow faults to go through also. so i think nothing to worry about, even for someone staying in japan and bought the car.

true but the unqualified person may have missed some potential faults and problems which a qualified person would have picked up... maybe 99.9% of the cars would habe passed the qualified person check, but there is still the possibility of the 0.1%...

but anyway, if you read the article, this recall is nothing to do with anything wrong with the car. unqualified person check doesnt mean they purposely allow faults to go through also. so i think nothing to worry about, even for someone staying in japan and bought the car.

Eh...seriously vicom & STA inspection centres will be last in my list if count on their safety inspection tests. :XD:

• Praise 2

but anyway, if you read the article, this recall is nothing to do with anything wrong with the car. unqualified person check doesnt mean they purposely allow faults to go through also. so i think nothing to worry about, even for someone staying in japan and bought the car.

Huh? Our LTA? This one potentially joke of the year..
  • Praise 3

If any ah mao ah gao can certify fhe product, what use is the certified technician?

It's not about whether there's anything wrong with the product in the end.

Edited by Fcw75
  • Praise 1

If any ah mao ah gao can certify fhe product, what use is the certified technician?

It's not about whether there's anything wrong with the product in the end.

ultimately the lapse of certified technician check may have resulted in some defective or unsafe product being used on the road, which is the worrying part.
↡ Advertisement