Hydrophobic Windscreen/Glass Coating

Nuttywalnutty

Hey Guys,

Are you all fans of glass coating? I love the rain drops flying away effect with one!

I'm currently using Glaco because its roll on applicator is easier to use than the Rain-X in a bottle. I feel they both have similar results.

Please share what you are using?

Also, any more permanent solutions? I currently have to re-apply every month. So many PPS services here but I don't see much talk about having hydrophobic glass!

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1

Neutral Newbie

Hey Guys,

Are you all fans of glass coating? I love the rain drops flying away effect with one!

I'm currently using Glaco because its roll on applicator is easier to use than the Rain-X in a bottle. I feel they both have similar results.

Also, any more permanent solutions? I currently have to re-apply every month. So many PPS services here but I don't see much talk about having hydrophobic glass!

From my own research i have gathered that all these brands are still coatings. But yes there are some which charge quite high idk whats the fuss about. I have just recently done up with one company, charged me about $350 with 1 year warranty. So far so good.

I would think all this coatings reserve the shine and glide for a long time only when vehicles are under the shelter for almost in the park.

Nothing beat the sun this days.

Water is the only solution to wash.

• Praise 1

Hey Guys,

Have you tried G Guard Silica Glass and Siloxane Glass Coating? It is also known as hydrophobic coating. It's a trusted brand and is number 1 in Japan. 

From my own research i have gathered that all these brands are still coatings. But yes there are some which charge quite high idk whats the fuss about. I have just recently done up with one company, charged me about $350 with 1 year warranty. So far so good.

Yes you're teasing me right.

Please share what you installed and where was it done!

Have you tried G Guard Silica Glass and Siloxane Glass Coating? It is also known as hydrophobic coating. It's a trusted brand and is number 1 in Japan.

Never tried. Have you tried it?

Do you mean $350 for the whole car?? or is it $350 for the windscreen coating as the title of the thread suggests??

Edited by Buadongdong
  • Praise 1

Yes you're teasing me right.

Please share what you installed and where was it done!

Never tried. Have you tried it?

Hello, So far so good... You can whatsapp me at 8685 3198 for further details regarding the coating... Due to our ever changing weather, G Guard is still standing strong. 

Do you mean $350 for the whole car?? or is it $350 for the windscreen coating as the title of the thread suggests??

This is a very good question. Did he mistake the windshield glass coating as paint protection which uses glass to coat.
↡ Advertisement