Game Over: LTA cuts vehicle growth rate to 0

flashbang

Very good car!! This car can go 2 laps x 10 years COE cycle, 20 years no problem la.

At 225BHP, it is 112.5 BHP per Litre for naturally aspirated N.A. Car, brilliant engineering for K20A from the Honda Folks, for this spec, no other cars comes close.

I driving one myself, full stock original, like exactly imported from Japan! :)

any equivalent Jap cars today?  [bigcry]

↡ Advertisement

Fully agree..coe renewal is definitely the most cost effective way to own and drive a car. Not to show off but just as a means of transport in our expensive country.

I had a 1993 Honda Civic EG6 DOHC VTEC..damn fun car. Got power, low maintenance and easily takes any current 2L current platform cars. One of the best N.A. Cars designed and engineered by Honda. Loved the car a lot even though old car. Really very good car. Till now, we still see many on the road.

COE was due in 2013. I was willing to pay a max threshold of around $40K +/- thereabouts to renew another 10years. COE PQP then 2013 to renew was about $70K..wrong timing and no luck!!

Said to myself, "got money also no reason to throw $70k to renew!!"

Very heart pain..made a decision but no choice but to give up..SCRAP

There is always a limit depending on car make and model, year and how old the car.

The same is happening now to the newer generation K20A Honda Civic Type-R ( FD2R ), this car many people are renewing coe for the better kept units, hardly see any scrap. Super good car also, best performance, low cost maintenance, insurance also dropped a lot, fuel economical..got 225BHP on tap of the gas pedal! One of the best ever Honda Engineered cars to date!!

you forgot to mention civic SIR , I use for 4yr zero breakdown but too bad I scraped it , indeed Honda engineered .   

IMO.. They won't allow coe to shoot that high, like some said 150k, 200k etc.

Can u imagine that impact this will do to the economy?

It will drive up the inflation and all the related issues will come.

Likely it'll hover at 100k max and won't go beyond

• Praise 1

IMO.. They won't allow coe to shoot that high, like some said 150k, 200k etc.

Can u imagine that impact this will do to the economy?

It will drive up the inflation and all the related issues will come.

Likely it'll hover at 100k max and won't go beyond

If it is truly driven by demand and base on bidding not controlled by them, anything is possible.

Let’s show them how high it can go. Lets target $150k first since the economy is doing so great like what the scholars say.

If it is truly driven by demand and base on bidding not controlled by them, anything is possible.

Letâs show them how high it can go. Lets target $150k first since the economy is doing so great like what the scholars say.

Coe market forces is kelong one.. Well known they will tweak it anytime they want to their desired amount.

By the time it touches 100k, they'll come up with stories to justify lower it down.

Scholars that say economy doing great will hide somewhere while the other set of scholars that preach doom gloom will start appearing until the next cycle

• Praise 3

wah .... huat scholar and doom scholar also play you scratch my back i scratch yours ar? [laugh]

Coe market forces is kelong one.. Well known they will tweak it anytime they want to their desired amount.

By the time it touches 100k, they'll come up with stories to justify lower it down.

Scholars that say economy doing great will hide somewhere while the other set of scholars that preach doom gloom will start appearing until the next cycle

• Praise 1

No,None comes close, talking on naturally aspirated N.A. Platforms.

On equivalent conversion, 2L for 225 BHP, 1L produce 112.5BHP

Meaning to say for 1.6L cars, need around 180BHP on N.A. ( no turbo )

The new turbo civics, I think 1.5 or 1.6L around 170 BHP, this is with TURBO! Even lesser den the N.A.

I guess, different ERA already...furthermore the K20A was designed for not so hefty maintenance also, lesser maintenance den turbo.

Nothing can match the car these days.

New cars now are so electrical, unlike cars back then so mechanical and manual. 

• Praise 1

Nothing can match the car these days.

New cars now are so electrical, unlike cars back then so mechanical and manual. 

i prefer mechanical and manual cars leh... born in the wrong era... sad...  [bigcry]

i prefer mechanical and manual cars leh... born in the wrong era... sad...  [bigcry]

Born in the 50s the best.

Enjoy the great cars from the 60s to the 90s.

Let’s show them how high it can go. Lets target $150k first since the economy is doing so great like what the scholars say.

That's the time I download mobike app!

That's the time I download mobike app!

That's what they want you to do lo.

Then work so hard for what? Work until 40 years old retire sua.

Letâs show them how high it can go. Lets target $150k first since the economy is doing so great like what the scholars say.

I doubt implementing all the interventions like 100%, 50%, 30% loan, VES etc is due to demand but not controlled by them.

Especially lately the past few years. Before that, when do we observe couple of changes aka intervention within a year or 2 before?

Edited by Lotr8445r

That's what they want you to do lo.

Then work so hard for what? Work until 40 years old retire sua.

My game plan, if it works out, is to retire before my current COE expires. Nine years to go. By then my car will no longer be a necessity. If I can still afford a car, that would be nice. If not, never mind. Bus, train or bike, also can.

• Praise 2

You only pay for the COE and continue driving. Lesser loan if you need a loan for the COE, and no dollars paid for another car.

So if I were to look at it mathematically, and making some loose assumptions, the two scenarios could play out as below.

Scenario 1: Buy new car every 10 years (assuming you don't change at 3, 5, 7 years)

• 2017: Pay $X for car, $Y for COE
  • 2027: Pay $X+X' for car, $Y+Y' for COE, where X' & Y' loosely represent inflation or deflation
  • 2037: Pay $X+X' for car, $Y+Y' for COE

At the end of 30 years, you would have paid (3X + 3Y + 2X' + 2Y') for car and COE

Scenario 2: Renew COE every 10 years (assuming you don't renew early)

• 2017: Pay $X for car, $Y for COE
  • 2027: Pay $Y+Y' for COE, where Y' loosely represents inflation or deflation
  • 2037: Pay $Y+Y' for COE

At the end of 30 years, you would have paid (X + 3Y + 2Y') for car and COE

Maintenance aside, the other considerations that I did not factor in but are negligible in the big picture are the road taxes for the first 5 years during the first COE renewal (up to 150% of original), and maintenance costs.

So all in all, if the car is road-worthy and owner is happy to continue owning it - renewing COE is a viable and economical option.

Nice way of complicating a common sense. Give you likes.

wah .... huat scholar and doom scholar also play you scratch my back i scratch yours ar? [laugh]

Scholars have an iron rice bowl. Some scholars have a diamond rice bowl. Impossible to crack and can be used to crack others!!!!

Whatever they say also can. Doom or boom, right or wrong life goes on. Kaki gong kaki song!

Edited by Mkl22
  • Praise 1

Supercharged

unless u must die die buy new,

else go buy used "mechanical and manual cars" lor.

i did  :a-good: