Game Over: LTA cuts vehicle growth rate to 0

flashbang

Aiyah, whether car prices increase by $5k or $10k,it will be the same phenomenon like 2011 period when COE climb steeply from $10+k to current state. Ppl will eventually "get use to" it, and still buy a car w/o second thought. Look at those condo show rooms, u'll know. Singaporeans are quite rich though. Nope, I belong to the 80% who stay in HDB.

↡ Advertisement

In your case... may I suggest the following:

For your second car, that you hold until next year April then start to sell by yourself. Pay $90 to SGcarmart and place an ad and sell yourself. The buyer could be direct buyer or dealers. Dealers will pay for much higher price than whatâs being traded in when you visit their shops. Very strange indeed and I Guess thatâs because they feel walk in customers are good to carrot, while those who Place ad are more savvy and knows whatâs the reasonable price to sell to either end user directly so they will take in quite a few thousands or even tens of thousands more.

My previous cheap 7.5 year old car, all the Dealers I personally visit or the quotes from AD trade in, all wanna quote me at 25-27k..

Similar car model and age on sGcarmart Open price $38-41k. I placed ad to wanna sell at $35k. Got many calls wanna buy at between 27-31k. 3 dealers came to view and offered 31k immediately.

I sold to the dealer that willing to wait 1 month for me to hand in my car. At 31k.

Car sold in 3 days with 10+ calls from direct buyers and 4 viewings, 3 dealers and 1 direct buyer. Hand in my car 3 weeks later.

Sounds good bro. I tried selling my own car once only and you are right, definitely better by a few k at least. Profit margin via traders usually on average about 5k for a second hand. But why April?

Feb start zero growth and March onwards full effect of the reduced COE and higher Coe prices, April people panicking and push up Coe price so good time to start selling car? Then maybe may onwards LTA may start to come out with some measures to ease Coe

So for sellers may be a good time to sell?

Feb start zero growth and March onwards full effect of the reduced COE and higher Coe prices, April people panicking and push up Coe price so good time to start selling car? Then maybe may onwards LTA may start to come out with some measures to ease Coe

So for sellers may be a good time to sell?

if sell high, have to buy high also... unless can wait for price to drop, which may or may not happen also... Edited by kdash

buy high sell higher ... uniquely singapore

huat ah!!! coe no 100k no talk to return to 2013 level

ah gong likey for 2018 budget

Edited by Wt_know

if sell high, have to buy high also... unless can wait for price to drop, which may or may not happen also...

He is selling his second car.... not gonna buy another car after selling the car
  • Praise 1

He is selling his second car.... not gonna buy another car after selling the car

ah if you are referring to @andyngps case then wait until price high next year and sell off. dealer of course will want to buy low and sell high. cannot listen to them...

Yap referring to his case. If Coe increase to 70k in March, he can sell his 3 year old car for another 10k from todayâs asking price Iâm guessing

huat ah... haha...

So it means everyone cheong to buy car now and plan to sell after March onwards to gain something lolx !!!

Unless they can afford to pay by cash. If taking loan, they will be penalized by 20% of the loan amount left

ah if you are referring to @andyngps case then wait until price high next year and sell off. dealer of course will want to buy low and sell high. cannot listen to them...

Hmmmm...coe dropped significantly today leh....

hmmm so u intend to keep or sell...

Hahah. Still sell if price is right. Not sure also if coe dips today as dealers want to attract crowd to clesr stocks. But then again Dec liao.

Hahah. Still sell if price is right. Not sure also if coe dips today as dealers want to attract crowd to clesr stocks. But then again Dec liao.

well if the car is really not being put to use then should still sell if price is ok. think of it as the earlier you sell, the less depre you lose...

well if the car is really not being put to use then should still sell if price is ok. think of it as the earlier you sell, the less depre you lose...

True to some sense. With the dip in coe this round, what would you think moving into 2018 first quarter?

True to some sense. With the dip in coe this round, what would you think moving into 2018 first quarter?

waa bro, i really dont dare to say... actually i thought today's round of COE would be higher than previous round but i was proven wrong...

personally i still think COE will go up come 2018, once VES kicks in...

waa bro, i really dont dare to say... actually i thought today's round of COE would be higher than previous round but i was proven wrong...

personally i still think COE will go up come 2018, once VES kicks in...

Hmmmm...but if ves makes the car prices higher, wouldnt it go south to balance? Seems like the reduction in quota will not really affect much.
↡ Advertisement