Game Over: LTA cuts vehicle growth rate to 0

flashbang

My car also expiring in May 2018. Initially thinking COE will go lower with new emission rule, who knows they come up with this zero growth thingy. I think the effect from the new emission thing will even out with cut in supply. With this, I think the chance of see a drop in COE will be slim now. Haiz.

They are probably trying to keep COE at equilibrium prices, which is about 40-50k range.
↡ Advertisement

Actually... the difference is minuscule... in terms of supply change... but try explaining that to the KCs... [lipsrsealed]

oni time we can kpkb is when they role out new sucky policies mar. And this few yrs really takes the cake, our parf kana cut by half, increase in arf for bikes, increased in water tariff, increase in carpark charges and best is increase in mrt breakdown but they still want us to be carlite.....

Nov to Jan cut quota, Feb 2018 onwards not considered cut but 0 growth for vehicle population.

0 Growth mean, 1 COE in 1 COE out, nobody scrap, no new COEs allowed to be bidded...

There wont be more, the control is to not release anymore COEs in the market other than those scrapped.

Meaning 100k vehicle means 100k COE and it will maintain at such, not more extra than 100K COEs

Just curious, If 1 COE scrap is red plate then 1 COE in is red or black also can?

oni time we can kpkb is when they role out new sucky policies mar. And this few yrs really takes the cake, our parf kana cut by half, increase in arf for bikes, increased in water tariff, increase in carpark charges and best is increase in mrt breakdown but they still want us to be carlite.....

Ok, since you're in the car business, I guess you understand the system better. So my bad if my understanding is incorrect.

Could you thus clarify my doubt below:

If the car's COE expires in 2019 and COE is renewed in 2018, what happens to the balance of 1 year PARF? Forfeited upon renewal or will that 1 year of balance PARF be refunded to owner?

PARF is refunded fully when you decide to deregister the vehicle on the last day from original date of registration (note: date minus 1)

Doesnt matter is you renew early, like example the car is registered on 18/8/2008, renewed COE on 31/10/2017, on 17/8/2018 the owner still can get back PARF, and unused portion of COE balance.

Hope its clear for all

Just curious, If 1 COE scrap is red plate then 1 COE in is red or black also can?

Yes, COE is COE is Car headcount, doesnt matter Red/Black

still can do!

sry i noob, need translation for part 1...

Told you Lai Liao. Mai Ha Kin, your Car.

Meaning told you will choot pattern liao. Earlier told you to faster buy your car.

Knnbccb

For those who are making noise now, ask yourself, when comes to the crunch, where did you cross?

You will know if you have the right to make noise or suck it up and move on, you made your choice and you did your calculations

• Praise 9

With taxi population going to downward trends, the unutilised COEs meant for taxis, pegged at CAT A PQP prices, would not be effecting an increase in overall COE quota for the next 3 years. But would these unutilised COEs be shifted to other categories like CAT A since they are previously pegged to CAT A PQP prices?

For taxis, they will now be drawn and add into Cat. E.

(e) COEs for new taxi registrations are drawn from Cat E and need to be deducted from the total number of Cat E COEs, net of de-registrations in the same period. Adjustments are made every six months. Over the six-month period between 1 Jan 2017 and 30 Jun 2017, 833 taxis were registered and 2,668 taxis were deregistered. Therefore, a net adjustment of (2,668 – 833) = 1,835 will be made to the Cat E quota over the subsequent two quarters from Aug 2017 to Oct 2017 and Nov 2017 to Jan 2018.

They will tell you DTL fully in operation. More MRT for you to go car lite.

o dont take DTL to work lei....if no car i still have to battle my way to Bukit Gombak mrt with all the ft and fw heading to Jurong East! DTL do me no shite...

Car lite masterplan should all execute in tandem.

If one component screws up, shouldn't the rest be put on hold?

The rail should be part of the plan, but it's been screwing up.

Should have waited till it's fixed then proceed with the other plans.

With an expected high coe that force people to give up driving, this is going to leave a sour taste when they get stuck in a train

Complain is useless anyway.

You should have seen more irrational policy makings for the recent years.

If you really care about the future generations, then make the right decision in the next ballot paper.

• Praise 5

For those who are making noise now, ask yourself, when comes to the crunch, where did you cross?

You will know if you have the right to make noise or suck it up and move on, you made your choice and you did your calculations

i crossed in the .....column so by right i can kpkb but if kp to much sure kana warning by (mod)!
  • Praise 1

Told you Lai Liao. Mai Ha Kin, your Car.

Meaning told you will choot pattern liao. Earlier told you to faster buy your car.

Knnbccb

ahahaha... heng i faster buy liao...
  • Praise 1

Complain is useless anyway.

You should have seen more irrational policy makings for the recent years.

If you really care about the future generations, then make the right decision in the next ballot paper.

the oni policy to be changed should be the immigration and migration policy! But we know why it will never happen.
  • Praise 2

if COE was pushed to $70K i doubt those keeping the old car can afford to hold on to renew their COE.

if die die need to hold, the gamble would be to buy 5 years and scrap.

Wahaha....this will be hot topic. After my hard day work and see the news then come in here got so many pages liao.

LUCKY LUCKY I just buy end May.....I can relax for another 10 years.

• Praise 1