To sell Low mileage car

Immotive

I am letting go Low mileage jap car. Will there be significant diff in price if I were to sell through sgcarmart market place or sgcarmart bidding?

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 2

I am letting go Low mileage jap car. Will there be significant diff in price if I were to sell through sgcarmart market place or sgcarmart bidding?

How low is the Mileage.?

• Praise 1

If u sell online, some dealers will quote u very good price so that they can get to see your car first then after that say this spoilt that spoilt then try to bargain with u and waste your time

• Praise 2

Lol that's not the real objecrive but I'm open :)

Honda jazz 1.3, 2010 Jul or Aug, less than 45k. Used to be OPC, I just converted to normal plate a few months ago.

• Praise 1

Honda jazz 1.3, 2010 Jul or Aug, less than 45k. Used to be OPC, I just converted to normal plate a few months ago.

So is it Jul or Aug bro? It does make a difference, as you are talking about a 61-day period.

What's the price you are looking at? Are you urgent to sell? Do you have a loan to clear using the sale? are you going to get another car through this sale?

Based on the above, you can decide if you want to sell on your own, trade in to dealer/AD, or send for bidding.

• Praise 1

Twincharged

when i traded my normal plate 7 year old car at 75k mileage, then dealer took it at paper value.

but the dealer had a great selling point when he advertised it as low mileage and was re-sold in 4 days.

• Praise 1

Is it auto?

Full agent service with receipts?

I may be interested.

• Praise 1

So is it Jul or Aug bro? It does make a difference, as you are talking about a 61-day period.

What's the price you are looking at? Are you urgent to sell? Do you have a loan to clear using the sale? are you going to get another car through this sale?

Based on the above, you can decide if you want to sell on your own, trade in to dealer/AD, or send for bidding.

Is August, loan has been cleared.

I don't have a figure yet but looking at above 30k. There is no urgency to sell as my purchase of another car will not depend on that.

Just felt that trade in generally doesn't appreciate car with better condition, so want to explore other alternatives.

Is it auto?

Full agent service with receipts?

I may be interested.

Is auto but I only went to agent for servicing for first 3 to 4 years and never keep the receipt.

Is August, loan has been cleared.

I don't have a figure yet but looking at above 30k. There is no urgency to sell as my purchase of another car will not depend on that.

Just felt that trade in generally doesn't appreciate car with better condition, so want to explore other alternatives.

Is auto but I only went to agent for servicing for first 3 to 4 years and never keep the receipt.

That's good. if you can send the car for basic grooming, get it all spruced up - then advertise and sell yourself. You just need patience.

I don't think you can sell your car at the sgcarmart market place (accessories yes, but whole car I think no).

Quotez, which is the sgcarmart bidding system you were referring to will get you a very good price, if not the best price among dealers, but you will have to drive it over for them to take pictures, check your car for required repair and parts replacement. You will also need to pay them a fee of $107 (refundable if no bids higher than their quote, which won't happen).

If you are looking for Max return, try selling it yourself using sgcarmart sell-it-yourself service. I have done it and put up a thread on this. [laugh][laugh][laugh]

• Praise 3

when i traded my normal plate 7 year old car at 75k mileage, then dealer took it at paper value.

but the dealer had a great selling point when he advertised it as low mileage and was re-sold in 4 days.

Normal lah. When they take in, everything abt your car is lousy. When they resell, it's the bestest car in the world. They are practically magicians in transforming a car
  • Praise 2

Twincharged

Normal lah. When they take in, everything abt your car is lousy. When they resell, it's the bestest car in the world. They are practically magicians in transforming a car

but i (the seller) know better ...

My case worst. Bought a problematic car then faults showed up after 6months. Auto gear probs, radiator prob, aircon prob, engine drink oil. Though coe left 6 more mth, i decided to get a dealer to scrap it rather then try to sell to direct buyers for a higher price cos didnt want the next person to kana all these shit. Yesterday saw the car on sale at much higher orice and say until so good so good... I pity the next owner. Had no one buys it

You might get a few K more and perhaps find a genuine buyer quicker with a low mileage car. That's about it.

Don't sell to dealer. They will talk down your car until it is like a piece of junk and worthless.

↡ Advertisement