COE Renewal, will it increase for Nov

Agent008

Now lah. Still wanna wait!?? Mine expires only in Aug 2018 anf I'm renewing Now.

waa then forfeit many months... thought you could wait and see how the price goes...

Don't forget KBW said there are other ways of making $$$ [sly]

is it a subtle hint that garment going to implement something next year? Edited by kdash
↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1

You are in a lucky position.

Can you imagine how those whose COE are expiring in say Oct 2018 feel, especially if they also intend to renew?

thanks for the encouragement.... but still damn pain

ya. i got a aunt jan finish .

i advice her faster renew now.

take advantage last 2 month lower,

average out much lower.

if take nov dec and jan average, i think GG

i did a estimation, if next bid is same as yesterday bid.

Dec PQP

Cat A = + 700

Cat B = +1.7k

Have to undergo yearly inspection instead of once every 2 years!

Don't know insurer will add loading or not?

logically the most cover 3rd party, no reason to add loading... it covers accident not breakdown....

• Praise 1

waa then forfeit many months... thought you could wait and see how the price goes...

is it a subtle hint that garment going to implement something next year?

• Praise 1

I am betting that over the next 8 to 9 months, it will go up. If I am proven wrong, then so be it.

i see, calculated risk. all the best! 

Basically one of the main effects is premature renewal of COE, say for those in first few months of 2018.

So the longer effect is evening out of the COE prices. Say Cat A 50K and Cat B 60K in 2018.

New car prices definitely rise, but old car renewal the increase of a few thousand is not significant.

just renewed OC car. Due Dec 17.

Later go renew mine. Due Jan 18.

:TT_TT:  :TT_TT:  :TT_TT:  :TT_TT:  :TT_TT:

Because of you, there's now 2 fewer COEs on the road  [laugh]

But you are 1 lucky fellow - COE due in a time when it's at  rock bottom price.

I wanted to renew mine earlier this year - but it stood firm at $50K , in the end scrapped my car

• Praise 1

Mine expire at Aug 18..really thinking hard.. My current COE costs $13k,so forgoing <$1.3k coming months..I got 2 more weeks to think about it.. Tough decision man.. Anyway, dir**asia provides comprehensive insurance for COE cars up to 15yrs old..

So if I renew on 14 nov, my coe will ends 10 years later on 13 Nov?

Yes correct.. Should be 13 Nov 2027.

Mine expire at Aug 18..really thinking hard.. My current COE costs $13k,so forgoing <$1.3k coming months..I got 2 more weeks to think about it.. Tough decision man.. Anyway, dir**asia provides comprehensive insurance for COE cars up to 15yrs old..

Mine also expires Aug 2018.

got one bro here renewed his COE also due Aug 18.

Mine also expires Aug 2018.

Bro, so you plan to renew this month? Next year, it will be exciting year for car buyers.. New rules and zero growth. I'm not really a risk taker.. Hahaha Edited by Optramagnum
  • Praise 2

Bro, so you plan to renew this month? Next year, it will be exciting year for car buyers.. New rules and zero growth. I'm not really a risk taker.. Hahaha

Me too - risk averse. I intend to renew this month. I lose about 8.5 months of current COE but at least I don’t have to keep worrying that PQP will go up. In fact, I am not even waiting for 2nd bidding. Renewing on Friday

• Praise 2

My wife who knows nuts about driving and COE, gave me another anology.. If renew now, we will waste 9mths of new COE(42k÷120x9mths=$3150), plus the $975 forfeited COE will be about 4k.. Which actually mean some sense.. Although I argued that I'm planning to keep this car for another 5yrs at most..so no matter which year it expires in the end, doesn't really matter to me.. She just kept quiet. Hahaha..

• Praise 1

Er ........ there is actually no need to get comprehensive coverage as very likely in total loss, only the residue COE lor.  They even eat your Road Tax, if you are not careful.

You double confirm you don't want the Government PARF payout ??  Very rare event lor.

My wife who knows nuts about driving and COE, gave me another anology.. If renew now, we will waste 9mths of new COE(42k÷120x9mths=$3150), plus the $975 forfeited COE will be about 4k.. Which actually mean some sense.. Although I argued that I'm planning to keep this car for another 5yrs at most..so no matter which year it expires in the end, doesn't really matter to me.. She just kept quiet. Hahaha..

So if I renew on 14 nov, my coe will ends 10 years later on 13 Nov?

Depends on when is your orig registration date. If it’s 14 Dec 2007 then if you renew with nov 2017 pqp, then the last date you can drive the car till will be 30 nov 2027. If you renew using dec 2017 pqp then the last date is 13 dec 2027.