COE Renewal, will it increase for Nov

Agent008

Me too - risk averse. I intend to renew this month. I lose about 8.5 months of current COE but at least I donât have to keep worrying that PQP will go up. In fact, I am not even waiting for 2nd bidding. Renewing on Friday

sorry thought you renewed already... all the best bro.
↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1

Mine expire at Aug 18..really thinking hard.. My current COE costs $13k,so forgoing <$1.3k coming months..I got 2 more weeks to think about it.. Tough decision man.. Anyway, dir**asia provides comprehensive insurance for COE cars up to 15yrs old..

Yes correct.. Should be 13 Nov 2027.

If the COE renewal is made prior to the current COE expiry month, the PQP payable shall be the rate applicable at the point of the renewal of the COE. Upon renewal, the new COE will commence from the 1st of the following month from the PQP month and the balance of the current COE will be forfeited.

1st Dec 2017

https://www.onemotoring.com.sg/content/onemotoring/en/lta_information_guidelines/maintain_vehicle/coe1.html

My wife who knows nuts about driving and COE, gave me another anology.. If renew now, we will waste 9mths of new COE(42k÷120x9mths=$3150), plus the $975 forfeited COE will be about 4k.. Which actually mean some sense.. Although I argued that I'm planning to keep this car for another 5yrs at most..so no matter which year it expires in the end, doesn't really matter to me.. She just kept quiet. Hahaha..

if 5years i find no point

Because of you, there's now 2 fewer COEs on the road  [laugh]

But you are 1 lucky fellow - COE due in a time when it's at  rock bottom price.

I wanted to renew mine earlier this year - but it stood firm at $50K , in the end scrapped my car

42k and 50k is not really what i will term as rock bottom  [bigcry]

lucky meh? none of my cars is ever below $30k COE 

• Praise 1

bump it up.

I guess this month is the lowest PQP cat A at $41994. I expected the next COE bidding + the 1st Nov bidding 47k will cost the PQP higher in DEC. Personally i feel this is the best month to renew for the year 2017

Fyi.

Your PARF followed your car age. Once u renewed your COE before it reaches 10 years. Your PARF is not forfeited . For example. u renewed on the 9 years 8 months but 2 months later, u decided to scrap your car which is 9 years old and 10 month and get a new car . U will get back your PARF and the pro rated COE back.

Of course not many owners i know really renew and scrap before car reaches 10 years. i guess 98% of Owners who renew decided to drive beyond 10 years...(where PARF is gone once after 10 years)

• Praise 1

really ar? this is good. imagine if the car still got 2+ years to 10 years

this month renew coe 10 years at lower PQP ... 2 years later if coe cheong $100k ... continue to drive ... win [thumbsup]

if coe crash below $40k due to VES ... chop chop curry pop scrap car ... get back PARF and prorated COE ... win again [thumbsup]

chop chop curry pop buy new car ... win win win [thumbsup] .... huat ah!

bump it up.

I guess this month is the lowest PQP cat A at $41994. I expected the next COE bidding + the 1st Nov bidding 47k will cost the PQP higher in DEC. Personally i feel this is the best month to renew for the year 2017

Fyi.

Your PARF followed your car age. Once u renewed your COE before it reaches 10 years. Your PARF is not forfeited . For example. u renewed on the 9 years 8 months but 2 months later, u decided to scrap your car which is 9 years old and 10 month and get a new car . U will get back your PARF and the pro rated COE back.

Of course not many owners i know really renew and scrap before car reaches 10 years. i guess 98% of Owners who renew decided to drive beyond 10 years...(where PARF is gone once after 10 years)

Edited by Wt_know
  • Praise 1

Ask a question about LTA

<font-family:arial, 'times="" new="" roman',="" times,="" serif';="" font-size:="" medium="" style="box-sizing: content-box; margin: 0px; padding: 0px; line-height: normal;">Hi, I’m Jamie. I’m here to help you with Frequently Asked Questions about:
  • COE Bidding and Renewal
  • Road Tax
  • Deregistration of vehicle
  • Transfer of vehicle registration
  • Driving into and out of Singapore
I’m sorry I may not be able to help you with other queries currently. Please bear with me while I try to learn other topics as soon as I can.

If I’m unable to provide the answer you need, you may wish to visit our FAQ portal.

How may I assist you today?
  •  
    You asked:

parf renewed coe

•  

Jamie says:

I found the following information which could help you

•  
    You selected:

Will I be entitled for PARF rebate if I renew my COE?

Jamie says:
    A vehicle owner will be eligible for the PARF rebate if he renews the COE in advance, provided the following conditions are fulfilled:

i. The car must be less than 10 years old (from the date of its registration in Singapore or the original date of its registration in the foreign country, whichever is earlier) at the time of de-registration;

ii. The car must have been licensed at all times (i.e. not laid up); and

iii. Not be an imported used car registered before 1 September 2007.

Edited by Winningeleven
  • Praise 1

strange.. nowadays the apps dont prompt for delays.

because it is happening too frequent so they change and will prompt no delay and resume operation instead. save more time 

Why passport can renew early and not forfeited?

It should be the same policy can renew up to 6 months early. There is no compassion and generosity?

To the government, everything is about money. Period!

Doubt the words "compassion" and "generosity" are in their dictionary  <_<

Edited by Vinceng