Magnifying glass
  • Search this thread
  • Reply to this topic
195 replies to this topic | 623 praises

Posted 26 October 2017 - 10:43 AM

Lala81
  • Lala81
    2Fast2Furious
    The points of the user determines the rank. The higher the points, the higher the rank.
    Author Image
    The bar represents the rank and points of the user. The longer the bar, the higher the rank and points.

Points are accumulated from other users who Praise or Disliked this users' posts.

Created a new thread to support good deals sharing.

Cos nowadays too many platforms (qoo10, lazada, TB, amazon). Don't want a fragmented sharing session.

Of course got any specific question, please go back to individual TB/qoo10 threads etc.

Everyone share share haha   [laugh]

Jman888, Ingenius, Tianmo, pChou, Vratenza, Mustank, Sunny and 1 other member praised this

Posted 26 October 2017 - 11:18 AM

Jman888
  • Jman888
    2Fast2Furious
    The points of the user determines the rank. The higher the points, the higher the rank.
    Author Image
    The bar represents the rank and points of the user. The longer the bar, the higher the rank and points.

Points are accumulated from other users who Praise or Disliked this users' posts.

nothing exciting in Amazon for me, except for the shoes that i usually buy, will stock up 2 pairs if the Black Friday sales price is good. 

骑白马的不一定是王子,可能是唐僧;带翅膀的也不一定是天使,有时候是鸟人。

Posted 26 October 2017 - 11:31 AM

Ingenius
  • Premium member
    Ingenius
    Turbocharged
    Author Image

I looking at the Amazon Alexa plus new model, usually only during sales have good price. Now becomimg lazier thanks to it. Alexa, set alarm tomorrow 6am, and remind me to attend meeting at 10am.
Terrylmt praised this
Argueing with a fool proves there are two.

Posted 26 October 2017 - 11:33 AM

Genes
  • Genes
    NOS-ed
    Author Image

nothing exciting in Amazon for me, except for the shoes that i usually buy, will stock up 2 pairs if the Black Friday sales price is good. 

Rechargeable batteries? [laugh]

iPhone or iMia?

Posted 26 October 2017 - 11:34 AM

Jman888
  • Jman888
    2Fast2Furious
    Author Image

I looking at the Amazon Alexa plus new model, usually only during sales have good price. Now becomimg lazier thanks to it. Alexa, set alarm tomorrow 6am, and remind me to attend meeting at 10am.

can use in singapore? any restriction?

was looking at Alexa and also Google, but worry that Amazon one may have limitation in this region.

Edited by Jman888, 26 October 2017 - 11:35 AM.

Posted 26 October 2017 - 11:34 AM

Lala81
  • Lala81
    2Fast2Furious
    Author Image

i didn't realise got people use it in SG. What else do u do with it. Functionality seems limited here in asia.

i just use handphone alarms

Posted 26 October 2017 - 11:49 AM

Ingenius
  • Premium member
    Ingenius
    Turbocharged
    Author Image

can use in singapore? any restriction?

was looking at Alexa and also Google, but worry that Amazon one may have limitation in this region.

For most simple personal management task have, works like a charm. And don't need to raise voice as it is sensitive to pick up and differentiate from normal conversation. But here dot have feature to support booking of uber yet. I use it to play songs and tune to radio. Also check traffic and weather prediction. I mostly use it to ask maths question when teaching kids. If have Philips hue can control lighting with voice.
The whole idea is it can do what one can do with a computer but with voice , especially Google search for answers.

i didn't realise got people use it in SG. What else do u do with it. Functionality seems limited here in asia.
i just use handphone alarms

You can have one in each room and it can talk to you anywhere. Like in kitchen you can ask for the recipe for sam zham bah and it will read out to you from Google search. Lol.
I like that I can play any song by the title or the top song of the week, just by voice. Chinese song also can.

Once I experimented connecting my phone to it and managed to send out a WhatsApp message just by voice. But troublesome to connect.
During the last Amazon sale, the echo was going for half price. So I bought as I had to replace my spoilt alarm clock anyway.

Edited by Ingenius, 26 October 2017 - 11:47 AM.

Vratenza praised this

Posted 26 October 2017 - 12:11 PM

Vratenza
  • Premium member
    Vratenza
    2Fast2Furious
    Author Image

One important question: can Alexa recognize our local English accent (not expecting Singlish) ?

Last thing I want is to have to speak Queen's English just to get it to work..... :D

For most simple personal management task have, works like a charm. And don't need to raise voice as it is sensitive to pick up and differentiate from normal conversation. But here dot have feature to support booking of uber yet. I use it to play songs and tune to radio. Also check traffic and weather prediction. I mostly use it to ask maths question when teaching kids. If have Philips hue can control lighting with voice.
The whole idea is it can do what one can do with a computer but with voice , especially Google search for answers.
You can have one in each room and it can talk to you anywhere. Like in kitchen you can ask for the recipe for sam zham bah and it will read out to you from Google search. Lol.
I like that I can play any song by the title or the top song of the week, just by voice. Chinese song also can.

Once I experimented connecting my phone to it and managed to send out a WhatsApp message just by voice. But troublesome to connect.
During the last Amazon sale, the echo was going for half price. So I bought as I had to replace my spoilt alarm clock anyway.

#notmypresident

Posted 26 October 2017 - 12:15 PM

Ingenius
  • Premium member
    Ingenius
    Turbocharged
    Author Image

One important question: can Alexa recognize our local English accent (not expecting Singlish) ?

Last thing I want is to have to speak Queen's English just to get it to work..... :D

Yes, confirm can recognize our local accent.  Mine is singlish heavy accent also can pick up all the time, as the mic is really sensitive.  Just make sure your Mrs is not named Alexa and you can tell it to do anything, disclaimer stated.  Lol.

Posted 26 October 2017 - 12:18 PM

Jman888
  • Jman888
    2Fast2Furious
    Author Image

Yes, confirm can recognize our local accent. Mine is singlish heavy accent also can pick up all the time, as the mic is really sensitive. Just make sure your Mrs is not named Alexa and you can tell it to do anything, disclaimer stated. Lol.

OK I will go for Google home, no women will call themselves Google [laugh]

Posted 26 October 2017 - 12:24 PM

Vratenza
  • Premium member
    Vratenza
    2Fast2Furious
    Author Image

try Hong Kong.....they have some pretty strange english names.....Jelly Li, Snow Chen, Margarita Hong.... :D

#notmypresident

Posted 26 October 2017 - 12:27 PM

Lala81
  • Lala81
    2Fast2Furious
    Author Image

haha ingenius speaks like a true local. no need worry.

speaking of local english. That day i was quite irritated by this Filipino lady that didn't seem to understand what i was saying despite repeating myself several times. Then i realised i was pronouncing "v" as "w" as most locals do. Haha actually it's my own English that's not phonetically correct.

Indeed true self pawn  [:p]

Posted 26 October 2017 - 12:28 PM

Ingenius
  • Premium member
    Ingenius
    Turbocharged
    Author Image

That's true.  [laugh] Actually can change the name from Alexa to Echo to Lady Gaga also can.

Posted 26 October 2017 - 12:56 PM

Nzy
  • Premium member
    Nzy
    2Fast2Furious
    Author Image

Registered for the circle life free trial so that I got new number to sign up for any promo for new customers only for 1111 and black friday. Lol.

Posted 26 October 2017 - 01:00 PM

Mason016
  • Mason016
    2Fast2Furious
    Author Image

If you haven't logged into Steam for a while, log on if you are a Civilization fan. 50% off for CiV 6 dulux edition, expires on 31 October.
Ender and Lala81 praised this

Posted 26 October 2017 - 01:06 PM

Vratenza
  • Premium member
    Vratenza
    2Fast2Furious
    Author Image

Ok.... I change to my wife's name..... Hope she do what i say ALL the time...  :yuush: :D

That's true.  [laugh] Actually can change the name from Alexa to Echo to Lady Gaga also can.

kdash praised this
#notmypresident

Posted 26 October 2017 - 01:07 PM

Mustank
  • Mustank
    2Fast2Furious
    Author Image

Steam man :grin:

Posted 26 October 2017 - 01:08 PM

Ender
  • Premium member
    Ender
    2Fast2Furious
    Author Image

Also include shopee deals here. Got my handphone arm band for less than $2.50, and china brand hydration vest for about $20 each. I bough 3 different design for $60. One ang mo brand easily more than $150 for one.

"You are the average of the 5 people you spend the most time with." - Jim Rohn

Posted 28 October 2017 - 10:13 AM

DACH
  • DACH
    NOS-ed
    Author Image

Have to wait after next week then can go take a look.

3 more days.  :grin:

Dream car: Lamborghini Murcielago 6.2

Posted 28 October 2017 - 10:37 AM

Lala81
  • Lala81
    2Fast2Furious
    Author Image

Also include shopee deals here. Got my handphone arm band for less than $2.50, and china brand hydration vest for about $20 each. I bough 3 different design for $60. One ang mo brand easily more than $150 for one.

u use this for your half marathons?

If you haven't logged into Steam for a while, log on if you are a Civilization fan. 50% off for CiV 6 dulux edition, expires on 31 October.

wish i had time to play man. last time, i had a lousy pc during sec school times, so missed out on a lot of games  [bigcry]  [bigcry]

Those were the times when a decent gaming PC cost like 2k+, didn't dare ask my dad to upgrade so that can play games haha  [:p]

Edited by Lala81, 28 October 2017 - 10:37 AM.

Back to Lite & EZ  ·  Non-Car Related Top Reply to this topic

Quick Reply

Tags: 11/11, black friday, sale, 1111 and 4 more...

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users