Welcome to the Ring - Off-Topic Discussions here

Terrylmt

re: ...a concerned Singaporean who sees our country sinking faster than the Titanic under the aloof leadership...

Your comment so typical of those anti-establishment brats born in the lap of comfort in the 60s. So self-important to believe that your feedback is the most enlightening and most valuable.

Instead of stating the obvious such as "regular and prompt maintenance is required", why your valuable insights never land you the top engineering or maintenence job at any public transport company?

If you so concerned, why you not shareholder of SMRT and direct your points to the Board of Directors for action?

You work in China, don't use the MRT daily and own a car. What is your self-interest to add to the noise by stating the obvious?

You are not of serious intent to offer constructive criticism. Only part of the chattering masses stating the obvious. You admit no knowledge of train systems, yet feel so self-important as to demand for the head of the senior management.

You are typical of the grumbling, arrogant middle-class white-collar senior/mature workers from the majority ethnic group. You have a job in China, live in premium Bishan HDB, own a car. You are educated enough to know when not to add to the noise. It shows you are self-important without self-awareness of your own lack of abilities.

Why do you have a bone to pick with gahmen? Were you retrenched from civil service?

Playing the victim again. It must really burn you to let everyone in the forum know that you are not "suffering in hardship" in singapore unlike what you try to portray.

You have a job which brings you to China. You take international holidays. You live in prime Bishan HDB. You have a car. And you admit you know nothing about trains (but choose to make unconstructive criticisms anyway to add to the noise).

You are a middle-class, white-collar senior/mature worker of the majority ethnic group, and true to LKY's description, are so arrogant and self-important that you are a self-styled gahmen critic. It is true that you were born in the 60s, entered workforce in the late 80s and are irrationally, unreasonably anti-establishment (despite having a comfortable lifestyle in singapore).

You are so self-important that you try to lie that you spoke to George Yeo about the 2011 elections. And yet cannot deliver on any quote from him here.

Terrylmt, you already in your 50s and with kids and family. You have comfortable lifestyle with prime HDB and car with an international job. Think before you complain and point fingers at others.

Why are you so bitter with the gahmen? What did they do to you? Were you retrenched from civil service and so very bitter now and need some revenge?

Children... for today's lesson, we shall learn one Chinese phrase, and one English noun... OK?

Our Chinese phrase for the day is: 牛头不对马嘴

Meaning: to be irrelevant, adj. incongruous (i.e. inappropriate)

And our English noun for the day is: Hypocrite

Meaning: Someone who conveniently forgets their own faults to point out someone else's

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 3

"Now, 40-plus years after the 1950s, Singapore has become a different society. The easier part was building world-class infrastructure. The difficult part was to educate and train our people to behave and act as first-world citizens, able to use, maintain and improve their productivity operating these infrastructures..." - LKY 2008

"The generation born after 1965 have only known growth, have only known greater comfort year by year, and they believe that comes naturally. I try very hard to tell them that it did not come naturally and will not come naturally." - LKY 2006

"...So, it took them some time to get adjusted. A more cultivated way of life takes a very long time. So, I will not live to see it..." - LKY 2008

"Now their aspirations have soared. They are now better educated, they believe they know as much as the minister. Sometimes they think that they know more than the minister. It's not a bad thing, provided they understand that they may not be right because the ministers aren't stupid." - LKY 2008

Why is it that middle-class, white-collar senior/mature workers such as Terrylmt are so self-important and arrogant to keep bashing gahmen despite admitting he knows nothing about how to solve the issues at hand?

How is it that despite having a car, having a international job, having a prime Bishan HDB, he is so bitter at his senior/mature age?

It is true what LKY say about some matured citizens having third-world attitude in a first-world Singapore.

Don't try to turn things around. You are the Hypocrite Complainer.

You attack gahmen at every chance. You have a prime Bishan HDB, good job and own a car. And admit you know nothing of the issues you criticise.

You talking about yourself there? So you like talking about yourself to yourself now? Naise... Always glad to know that our IMH services are needed...

Oh, and before you canter and strut around like a bald peacock... Let's see if you can put your words where your mouth is...

say-it-to-my-face.jpg

So typical of the senior/mature workers who are middle-class white-collar of the majority ethnic group: sore loser, arrogant and quarrelsome. Choose violence when cannot overcome with facts and knowledge.

Terrylmt, you lack of knowledge and irrational, unreasonable criticisms is showing.

You want to bully me because I don't agree with you and your gang to mud sling at the gahmen. Now you are such a sore loser and try to cover up your loss of face before your gang of irrational haters here.

Terrylmt, you have a prime Bishan HDB, own a car, take international holidays and have a white-collar job which takes you to China. What have you got to be bitter about? Or were you retrenched from civil service and so have a bone to pick with the pappies?

If you are so good and so smart, how come the Oppies never invite you into their exco? How come you are not employed as consultant to SMRT?

flickr.jpg

Since you so smart, and supportive, then why are you not in PAP lei? Or are you already in it... :psychotic:

You bery knowledgeable hor... you bery rational hor... you bery reasonable hor...

then why do you insist on insulting other people that disagree with you. Nobody, and I mean nobody, ostracized you or condemned you. You draw the line in the sand and demanded that everyone pick a side that isn't yours.. So don't come bawling your eyes out when you can neither prove a factual argument or carry yourself as a decent human being worth respecting.

Respect begets respect.

• Praise 2

The sad news of passing of LKY is that we no longer command the respect of bigger nation.

Why?

Current leadership cannot balance the interest of the East and West.

This is a fact that not a lot of ppl can accept incl. current leadership.

• Praise 2

Wah! Jipun whiskey with cigar is da bestð

BTW, how many Rollies you brought along for your trip?ð

No wonder cbbcb say cannot complain

Even jobless for 2 yrs still can live such good life

Singapore indeed paradise on earth

• Praise 1

Cannot say like dat lah.....

台上三分钟,台下十年功.....

• Praise 3

re: ...a concerned Singaporean who sees our country sinking faster than the Titanic under the aloof leadership...

Your comment so typical of those anti-establishment brats born in the lap of comfort in the 60s. So self-important to believe that your feedback is the most enlightening and most valuable.

Instead of stating the obvious such as "regular and prompt maintenance is required", why your valuable insights never land you the top engineering or maintenence job at any public transport company?

If you so concerned, why you not shareholder of SMRT and direct your points to the Board of Directors for action?

You work in China, don't use the MRT daily and own a car. What is your self-interest to add to the noise by stating the obvious?

You are not of serious intent to offer constructive criticism. Only part of the chattering masses stating the obvious. You admit no knowledge of train systems, yet feel so self-important as to demand for the head of the senior management.

You are typical of the grumbling, arrogant middle-class white-collar senior/mature workers from the majority ethnic group. You have a job in China, live in premium Bishan HDB, own a car. You are educated enough to know when not to add to the noise. It shows you are self-important without self-awareness of your own lack of abilities.

Why do you have a bone to pick with gahmen? Were you retrenched from civil service?

Hello Brother,

He is probably born in the 80s or at earliest late 70s lah

Where got 60s?

If born in 60s better be retired by now ...

Where got still working until so cham?

You picking a bone with the wrong generation

Thats why got generation gap.

Edited by Throttle2
  • Praise 1

Arigato gozaimasu

I well prepared mah

Moreover i work so hard

And i also a little smart.

So can lah.

You also can lah, i heard you more smart leh.

But in terms of can complain or not, i definitely can and will if there is something worthwhile complaining about. Especially since i have paid my dues.

Edited by Throttle2

Wow, a world-recognised expert in inter-govt dialogue we have here. Plus a Foreign Minister in the making?

Hindsight commentary and criticism is cheap and unhelpful. You 

You know so much about EVs, how come never convince Musk to set up R&D and production for EVs and supercharging stations in tropical country like singapore. Surely this is one area of study your genius brain must have spotted?

Please do your research before you comment

https://www.autoevolution.com/news/tesla-motors-is-leaving-singapore-31374.html

Your beloved government refused to provide a framework for EVs.

• Praise 3

That's old news. Shows that Tesla too impatient, and they needed to keep their major investors from US happy instead. Nothing to do with singapore gahmen refusal. Besides, 2011 just pulling out of Global Financial Crisis of 2009 so no logical minister will overpromise.

And you in your haste to find fault, you forgot that Musk had too many build and battery problems at that time too.

It's not old news if nothings changed since then. Has Singapore welcome any other EVs?

Or provided any incentives for going green?

• Praise 1

Wow, a world-recognised expert in inter-govt dialogue we have here. Plus a Foreign Minister in the making?

Hindsight commentary and criticism is cheap and unhelpful. You 

You know so much about EVs, how come never convince Musk to set up R&D and production for EVs and supercharging stations in tropical country like singapore. Surely this is one area of study your genius brain must have spotted?

LOLzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

Rem Terrex?

• Praise 1

Why you refuse to acknowledge the work being done in Biopolis on shared EVs, and the failed attempts to sell Nissan Leaf, the electric Megane, even the latest generation Prius.

The test will be for the BMW 330e, and whether those with landed property will bite. But I think our tropical humidity will turn off many tai tai since the aircon cannot run without petrol engine cutting in.

Overall, you have to admit that it's we buyers lack of interest and demand so far. Due to fact that EV OMV will be high, while no distributor will commit too much to battery and electrical technicians and tools. You can afford the BMW i8? You considering BMW 330e?

And why should gahmen subsidise high OMV cars which are luxury toys (at this stage of their development)?

No need to find fault with gahmen. We buyers are speaking with our wallet.

(But I do know that LTA was collecting views about how to convert HDB multistorey carparks to EV charging and maintenance hubs in 2013.)

Plug in hybrids are not full electric cars. Not even in the same argument. Is going green not a big enough reason for tax breaks?

Terrex? A foreign newspaper in HK decide to stir rubbish and you choose to cave and side them? What kind of gutless citizen are you?

And it turned out that it was a case of overexcited HK customs officials trying to score brownie points with china during the early stage of their anti-corruption action. (HK is a city in China, remember. Not sovereign nation like Singapore)

Singapore FM was cool and calm. So was Defence Minister. Only senior/matured coward citizens like you were frazzled and ready to bow to China. Shameful.

Why it did not happens when LKY still alive?

Well, if you sincere, nothing to stop you. I own electric scooter and use the park connectors. I use the Mobike shared bicycles and skip the buses if possible. I am thinking of the BMW 330e but need to test the aircon cut-off point in more detail. (And gauge the receptiveness of my condo management to install the charger point).

Are you asking for gahmen to subside a high OMV car? Why should they for our income group? I rather more work go into EV public buses and light goods vehicles. And EV autonomous container trucks and delivery vans. At least MRT is electric already.

If you are already middle-class with white collar job and a HDB, don't keep demanding subsidy and handouts. You already middle-class with a good job, right?

There is no EV without infrastructure. While many countries are embracing electric vehicles, Singapore has not progress much.

Shouldn't the government encourage first if she is in view of a better environment? Or is that in the back seat because too much taxes will be lost? You keep talking about plug-in hybrids but those do not need charging at all if you use the petrol engine. I'm referring to full electric cars.

You don't remember the trouble over Israel military advisors with Malaysia? The presence of the NZ jet fighters in Changi? The opening of the US naval supply base in Sembawang and the remarks from Indo and Phillipines? The remarks from Indo post-Jakarta Racial Riots in '98? The accusations of being a 'dictator' from the HK students and HK press pre-1997? The regular snide comments from China everytime LKY drop into Taiwan informally?

The issue is that senior/mature white collar citizens like you are merely fault-finding all the time. But you have short memory and your appreciation of regional and global issues not deep enough.

Would Terrex problem arised when LKY still around?

Well, if you sincere, nothing to stop you. I own electric scooter and use the park connectors. I use the Mobike shared bicycles and skip the buses if possible. I am thinking of the BMW 330e but need to test the aircon cut-off point in more detail. (And gauge the receptiveness of my condo management to install the charger point).

Are you asking for gahmen to subside a high OMV car? Why should they for our income group? I rather more work go into EV public buses and light goods vehicles. And EV autonomous container trucks and delivery vans. At least MRT is electric already.

If you are already middle-class with white collar job and a HDB, don't keep demanding subsidy and handouts. You already middle-class with a good job, right?

Electric scooter is illegal in Singapore