Welcome to the Ring - Off-Topic Discussions here

Terrylmt

I am here reminding you of the issues you raised, quoted, and my rebuttals:

re: "...The current issues, decisions and policies have evidently proven themselves to be poorly communicated, ill-planned and badly executed..."

It is only in your self-important view. Why fixate on them when in the years since the gahmen has satisfactorily addressed and solved them. Gahmen is adaptable enough to know when it missed and quickly change tack. The only grounds you have is to constructively criticise the chronic mechanical and electrical issues on the older MRT lines and stations. Even then, they moved fast to fix. Gahmen don't sit on problems.

re: "...How the news [Population White Paper 2013] was released was incomprehensibly inadequate and akin to releasing a sales target forecast..."

Gahmen addressed the inconsiderate abrupt release of it and highlighted that it buried the point that it was only a worse case planning scenario. Since then every minister has reminded us that infrastructure will be overbuilt. Will haters then grumble about underutilisation?

re: "...So are we going to ask all those young couples to quit their jobs in town in favour of a nearer location to their place of residence?..."

Gahmen never did anything of the sort. I pointed out that all citizens have many options to suit whichever lifestyle priorities they value most. 

re: "...To be fair, it did take them about 2-3 years before they got around to fixing the issue, which was neither swift nor effective because by then they had created a traffic problem within these towns..."

New lines and extensions take years to build. And you forgot that we had just stabilised out of the Global Financial Crisis in 2010. Unless you are a genius civil engineer and financial crisis fortune teller, then you are making an unconstructive criticism. Besides, it's a measure of the rising incomes that younger families in new HDB estates can buy cars

re: "...There are parents who need to commute to the office with their kids in order to send them to a childcare service that is near to their place of work. A lot of my friends and colleagues do this as they value the time commuting with their children..."

I reminded you that gahmen does provide many options and citizens do use the option they value most as fits their lifestyle choice. You insist that peak hour breakdowns devalue the commute time with their kids. I think parents will go earlier with their kids to enjoy a more comfortable ride, similar to Japan main cities.

re: "...Why are there continually delays during peak and worse off-peak hours that contradict the "swift and effective action" that you have praised them for?..."

I said I choose not to complain and grumble about matters I don't know about. What matters is gahmen and SMRT has everytime moved immediately to fix the chronic problems. You just want me to agree to call for the chopping of the heads, which I won't do.

re: "...A 15-minute delay can prove to be quite costly as it only takes ONE TIME that you cannot see coming for you to miss that opportunity..."

Here I said that all working adults plan ahead if they have to use public transport and they have high-value/critical-outcome meetings. And options are available to pre-book such as Taxi, Grab/Uber, etc. We use the transport allowance judiciously to get the outcome required for the company. You choose to fixate on unforseen events and fault-find on hindsight.

re: "...but I think being thorough here should help in aligning your perspective to beyond the scope that you are currently seeing..."

I think your writing here reveals what really burns you. I demolished what you thought were grounds for gahmen bashing. You are too self-important in your own viewpoint, and are buay song that I refuse to agree with you (and can deftly show you how fractured is your reasoning).

1. We are all sharing our own opinions and views here. So are you the only one who is allowed to share a view, and everyone has to comply? No one can have a differing view - and if they do, they are considered "self-important"? Check yourself here. Any views shared here are welcome and open for discussion - this is why it is called a forum. Not an address or speech. Don't presume to tell others what they can and cannot comment/feedback on - when you've clearly shown no such restraint.
  2. If the government has "moved fast to fix" the "chronic mechanical and electrical issues on the older MRT lines and stations", then why do we get breakdowns on an almost daily basis? Why did the Eastbound line shutdown for over 3 hours on Friday? Is the "fast to fix" perhaps then not fast enough, and we need a collective public voice to ensure that it is heard whilst the government continues to publish articles such as these that clearly shows a disconnect to what actual daily commuters are experiencing?
  3. Overbuilding infrastructure - how is it measured, and by what study was it based upon that the conclusion is that our current infrastructure is sufficient to support the current and future population? Show us the corresponding whitepaper that supports this point. As is, the current infrastructure is bursting at the seams, with train failures due to "maintenance lapses" or "loose nuts" and ministers advising Singaporeans that they "don't need a lot of space to have sex" when the point raised is clearly not about sex but the affordability of public housing and the environment to which they want to raise their child in. 
  4. Another point you raised was about the Singapore Conversation - how many people were represented from the middle-low income class? And how long were the Conversations for? Were there more than 10 questions tabled, answered and discussed? Why was there only ONE session held, and not more? For a population of 5.4 million in 2013, the Singapore Conversation only covered "over 4,000 respondents", which statistically is a very limited sample size that does not even make up 0.1% of the population (0.00074% to be precise)! Before you even begin about participation, I have personally attended Reach's sessions when Dr Amy Khor was still the chairwoman. I, amongst others, had given a fair amount of feedback as a participant that I have seen implemented, e.g. the baby bonus, and TAFEP. However, when it comes to issues with transport, they are always glossed over and not covered in depth, which is a frustration for those attending when you see the ministers attending simply going "NATO" to quote your term. Also, how well known and publicised is Reach? Why aren't they doing more to engage with the masses, if the intention is truly to "Reaching everyone for active citizenry @ home"? Why do feel that the single Singapore Conversation held was effective and useful in representing to the entire population?
  5. Agree that new lines and extensions take years to build - so why build up the housing so quickly only to have the infrastructure fail to serve the population that is intended to live there? Surely the civil engineers and brilliant minds in the government would have thought about that before promoting citizens to all move there. Let's take the example of Punggol. It was first promoted in 1996 as Punggol 21, which was delayed due to the Asian Financial Crisis of 1997. Then it was relaunched as PM's Punggol 21+ vision in 2007, but infrastructure construction started only in 2009, and only completed in 2011. But flats have already been completed and 53,000 citizens have moved in since 2007, swelling to 85,000 in 2013. Surely, this leaves residents in Punggol under-served from the promises made by the government. If you feel that this is my personal sentiment, it is not.
  6. What is the most effective way to commute from the suburbs to the CBD, if not the MRT? Bus? What about timing? What time should we wake up, get our children ready, and commute to work if the allowances for infrastructure failure persist? 6am? 5am? Have you considered that the train services do not start earlier than 5.30am? So if the early trains are delayed - what options do they have other than to join the masses milling to the bus stops to grab the buses and taxis that are available? There is no guarantee that they will be able to board the first bus immediately, and on top of that, be on time if everyone else is also taking it. Is squeezing with a lot of other people really that comfortable? How is this a viable "lifestyle choice" if they decide to listen to the government to go car-lite, and end up in this situation? And if they bite the bullet to avoid this, and lease or purchase a car, they are also making a "lifestyle choice" or a decision of necessity so as to get more rest, and provide a comfortable life for their children?
  7. You have made it your point to refute my opinion that current infrastructure is insufficient by saying that the government takes "swift and effective action" to mitigate such issues. And yet, you deflect when asked what source and information you are privy to that has led you to this belief. I am willing to discuss it with you, but you dismiss it as a matter of "grumbling". SHow me what you mean and I will consider your point for further discussion, not dismissal.
  8. You choose to ignore unforeseen events and comprehend that not everything can be pre-planned. Do you know how long you will live, so you can pre-plan your funeral in advance down to the hour and minute?
  9. It is merely a gesture of goodwill on my part that I saw some points you made being valid, albeit myopic. Hence sharing a differing view might help broaden your views, but clearly, you have taken offense to comprehension of simple English.

Did you know Singapore wages were higher than HK in the 80s without much increase in citizen worker productivity? That led to CPF interest cuts to ease out of the 85-86 recession. It has been a case of citizen low-quality in singapore, not gahmen lousy or slow.

It is not a case that we cannot compete with HK now. HK is closest to Pearl River region and their wage inequality ensures steady flow of factory workers. Their communities more homogenous and they have never been a sovereign nation with the demands on defence and foreign relations. And surely you don't want the power of all those property tycoons here with their effect on office and residential rentals. On top of that, remember that HK is just a big city in China.

And when it comes to entrepreneurs creating intellectual property, gahmen does not have magic milk to feed us citizens and suddenly majority are genius technologists.

Just ask among your forum buddies such as Terrylmt, DACH etc who among are successful towkays of company owning valuable intellectual property.

No, I did not know that. Where did you get this information from? Care to share the source? No one is asking for "magic milk" - we are asking for a masterplan that will see us competing adequately against the foreign powers that have earmarked us for over-taking and want to stay ahead of the game. Surely, this cannot be perceived to be unhealthy? Being a sovereign nation means we have the ability and governance to set our own rules of engagement and be agile to ward off competition, rather than rest on our laurels and keep thinking that others are still chasing our coat-tails. Don't assume that people are buddies because they share the same view. We can still agree to disagree.

re: ...you've deflected since the 4th reply.

My replies are documented for all to read. Nothing to hide. If not reasonable and rational and fact-based, let me know. It's not "deflected", but a case of you being buay song that I can rebut all of your flimsy grouses. And you are tu lan that I have an enjoyable lifestyle in singapore but don't join you to complain and grumble.

Why so hard for you to accept that not everyone must agree with your self-important grumbling and criticisms. I don't want to join you in unconstructive criticism. Gahmen allow us a soapbox: You choose your self-important viewpoint, I choose to spend time to rebut you with facts.

btw I cringe at your sentence structure and stock phrases used in your replies. Some sort of phony pseudo-brit Received Pronunciation variant. You should stop copying from outdated A-Level model answers. Maybe let Vratenza or wpy proofread because they write better than you.

Where is all this conspiracy theory coming from? If you are happy and enjoying life in Singapore, go right ahead. I am enjoying my own life here and elsewhere as well, but I don't try to make a nuisance of myself about it. No one, I repeat, no one is jealous of you. If thinking that helps you sleep at night, then I would say, good luck buddy - because you are in need of much more help than this forum can provide.

And as per my points listed above have clearly shown, you have shown NO FACTS in your rebuttals. Other than quoting LKY's speeches from 1996 which are moot because you have not proven factually how they are related to the policies you are defending! If you cannot understand simple English, then I have no comments left as to your aptitude in English Comprehension at a PSLE level. Please find me the A-level model answer that what I have written above came from? Love to speak to those chaps and see why they are more sound-minded than you. Didn't you say that myself and some other forum members are "well-educated"? So why the need for such an unfounded and malicious insinuation? Were you passed over for the President's Scholarship because you were told that your A's can't make the grade?

See, you have a million dollar HDB, and a car. What are you middle-class white-collars senior/mature citizen complaining about?

Somemore nice neighbourhood with the huge park across the road. And the TEL MRT station being built within cycling distance.

btw hope your kids are in the elite top-grade schools so nearby. Would be a waste if they turned out to have hangups, suspicions and fixations like you.

Why do you assume? Where is this "million dollar HDB" that you are talking about? Are you referring to that SINGLE $1.18M DBSS flat in Bishan that was sold in February 2017? What makes you think that ALL Bishan flats can command that price? Have you looked at the median prices for Bishan flats sold?

Just looking at the HDB published statistics on median prices for the past 6 quarters alone:

• 2017 Q2:$568K to $779K
  • 2017 Q1: $547K to $745K
  • 2016 Q4: $602K to $778K
  • 2016 Q3: $561K to $730K
  • 2016 Q2: $575K to $752K
  • 2016 Q1: $545K to $739K

Why do you jump to conclusions and leave your "facts" open for fact-checking? Do you even fact-check before you utter the nonsense that comes out from your keyboard? Why the need to bring my kids into the picture? Have I ever insulted, or suggested the ineptitude of your family members?

I am not your friend, no need for meet up.

You have not provided the verbatim quote from George Yeo which you boasted about. Are you a liar? As a concession, write it at the Ring. We take it over there and stop the OT in this thread.

I am not "demanding respect", only asking for constructive criticisms since we are all senior/mature worker citizens from middle class with white collar jobs. I let all try to whack me, but the number who are buay song when they lose face is apparent.

And providing biblical quotes does not place you on higher moral ground. You just buay song that I can rebut your grouses.

First, let's get one thing clear - You were never my friend, and I don't regard this online thing as friendship. I have real friends that I meet up with on a regular basis.

Second thing to get clear - I see no need to quote verbatim because I believe unless i am a reporter interviewing Mr Yeo, a healthy conversation between Singaporeans is simply that - a healthy conversation. You want to hear what he has to say, and dare to challenge me to "show up or shut up", then do exactly what you have said - Show up in Bishan or shut up. I am showing up, you are merely hiding behind the safety of your anonymity through a computer.

Thirdly, your so-called "constructive criticisms" have not been so much more than seeking support and affirmation that your views are agreed upon. That no one else can have a differing view, or that the government can actually do wrong. And we are not all trying to "whack" you, but you have incited anger amongst the public with your insults that have no bearing or can be regarded as "constructive criticisms" to the topic being discussed.

Finally, the last thing that is painfully obvious and "apparent" to everyone is that you are the one losing "face" here. I am not "buay song" that you can "rebut" my "grouses" moreso than you have proven that you do not have any facts backing up your statements which means those rebuttals are simply your "self-important view".

Your aggressive behaviour is clearly shown in this response you provided to wpy's comment - which to everyone else, was just a reiteration of an urban adage.

Since you gave an opinion, that also implies you could be an a-hole.

wpy, I never disagree with your suggestion for continual constructive criticisms to gahmen. But if you are just buay song because you lost face when I corrected the areas where you were wrong, plse understand and accept that this soapbox we all have to share.

I not wrong. Just ask around among our GenX or even the Millenials: early thoughts once working is to start thinking of investment properties or the swankiest address possible heck the high loan.

And your continued presumptuous behaviour when no malice was intended is also played out for everyone to find contempt with. Are you trying to be nasty or have you always been so delusional?

"All need to work together". You praise, but join in with the mocking and jeering and fault finding without constructive criticism.

You have a responsibility to feedback constructively to gahmen, and a responsibility to tell your buddies here when they are spreading falsehoods.

And when you say below "few are informed, rational and reasonable enough to see all angles", I think it has been shown above that you only see one angle - and that's your own. Since you are unable to be "rational", "reasonable" and "see all angles", why are you then imposing that the same standard be imposed upon others when they express their own views? Is a forum not a platform where we share and meld such multiple angles and see each others blindspots?

But if uninformed folks keep adding to the noise, how to discern what is accurate and what is incorrect?

In office, the experienced towkay pay the newbie above the best salesman or technician? Include the newbie to make final decision on major client projects?

One can see from the replies here that despite being senior/mature workers citizens, few are informed, rational and reasonable enough to see all angles. Even elites like Vratenza admit he don't know everything outside of medical practice, what more the average wage earner in white-collar desk job.

You claim to "correct the areas" and "rebut" my "unconstructive criticisms", and yet you are unable to publish facts, figures, and references that support your case. I am pretty sure that if you presented facts that support your stand, it would be accepted and lauded. However, when you become insulting and disrespectful, it really becomes hard to see your point.

Respect is accorded mutually, not demanded or forced. You can say you don't need to be liked, but you should practice what you preach to be "rational" and "reasonable". 

• Praise 2

Yawn... As usual, only picking excerpts and single lines/phrases out of context so you can "rebut" with no published facts or figures again..

tick-tock-tick-tock... How much more time you need to research on your answers siah... already 24 hours already.

I did my responses to you on the same day I said I would reply you lei... @cscbb

This is getting boring...

Yawn... As usual, only picking excerpts and single lines/phrases out of context so you can "rebut" with no published facts or figures again..

tick-tock-tick-tock... How much more time you need to research on your answers siah... already 24 hours already.

I did my responses to you on the same day I said I would reply you lei... @cscbb

This is getting boring...

Fellow uncle to another uncle here. Relax and chill. Pointless to debate further. It won't lead anyway.

• Praise 1

Your opinions have no value to me. You are learning from me. I have learned nothing much, only about the irrational attitude of some senior/matured citizens. So lowest priority.

No value because they are actually educational and illuminate the fact that you have no supporting evidence from anywhere to back your so-called "facts"?

I am learning a lot... that you are quick to quib in with insults, unable to provide facts, love to quote old LKY quotes that have no bearing to what's happening or driving current policies, and the "self-important" remarks are all talking about yourself.

Gawsh...

Fellow uncle to another uncle here. Relax and chill. Pointless to debate further. It won't lead anyway.

• Praise 2
  • Dislike 1

No value because they are actually educational and illuminate the fact that you have no supporting evidence from anywhere to back your so-called "facts"?

I am learning a lot... that you are quick to quib in with insults, unable to provide facts, love to quote old LKY quotes that have no bearing to what's happening or driving current policies, and the "self-important" remarks are all talking about yourself.

Gawsh...

Thanks bro.. Will find it later.. Youtube is blocked by the Great Firewall of China.. So have to wait till i am home to view it... And I am chilling... in 1 degree weather... with a chance of -4 with wind chill...

You left out 2...conclude matters or things with assumption & bring father, mother & children into the picture. 

• Praise 3

Got a pitbull toking to me??? I did know pitbull can tok!!! [laugh]

Its ok lah. I low quality better than someone siloso cannon aka tua pow sian at here.

At least I got abit of class not to insult other ppls' father, mother & children unlike certain individual at here. 

Everyone already know what material that individual are liao lah, continue to struggle ah.

fort-siloso.jpg

• Praise 4

Try harder lah Sugimoto. At least Terrylmt make effort to google. I think you are even lower quality than him. Your written discourse is feeble and ungrammatical. Improve yourself before you give constructive criticisms to gahmen.

But I think your genes not so high quality because of your forefathers:

"Our forefathers were the riff-raff of Southeast China: the landless peasants, the jobless, the younger sons who could not do well. We had no scholars, no highly cultured people, the opera singers, authors, poets and artists. The literati did not emigrate..." - LKY 1994.

Hello my pet doggy, here boy, come here..

I guess you are Singaporean? I hope so cause you talk so much lan chiao way about LKY & keep giving BJ to the ministers

Then your forefather also the same riff-raff what? 

That leads me to conclude your genes also not so high quality what? Why you say Sugimoto only leh? LKY genes also from the same riff raff ?

Its like if you call your mother a bitch, that would make you a ____ ?

Just pondering your logic...

• Praise 4

Here doggy doggy, come back here again. Heel boy heel... you so obedient. Every time i call you , you sure answer.

your above wall of text does not solve your original logic failure.

Go doggy, fetch.. good doggy

Here doggy doggy, come back here again. Heel boy heel... you so obedient. Every time i call you , you sure answer.

your above wall of text does not solve your original logic failure.

Go doggy, fetch.. good doggy

Boss, lets stop replying him liao. Now everyone is ignoring him, that's why his mouth getting itchy & want to get attention from us.

• Praise 1

re...Check yourself here.

Folks jeer at my views. Haters mock my views about unconstructive criticism against gahmen. You refuse to admit to facts and dated verbatim quotations.

You lot are presuming to tell me what I should be commenting upon. You lot don't show any restraint when using expletives and irrational "dislikes".

That's why I maintain your views are "self-important". You value and encourage hate speech more than reason and facts.

I find you to be extremely hypocritical. You claim to be thankful to the government, and to be of higher integrity, with stronger appreciation and aware - yet you feebly attempt to be part of the "community" by using the derogatory slang "gahmen" every time you refer to the same government that you purportedly support.

I had intentionally not picked it out but the high horse you are sitting on is nothing but a bubble that has popped and you are free-falling.

You are working in Singapore, living a privileged life and not suffered any hardships - so why are you so dense, conceited and hypocritical that you cannot concede that you are unwelcome, and are incapable of providing empirical, irrefutable evidence for anything comment that you have made?

re: ...then why do we get breakdowns on an almost daily basis?...

Can you show the dates of the "daily" breakdowns? Do they run consecutively since Jan 1 2017? Or are you exaggerating in your need to find fault? btw the article is dated in Jun 2017. Have the breakdowns been on consecutive days since then?

re: ...and we need a collective public voice to ensure that it is heard...

Constructive criticisms or plain venting or destructive call for noise and chaos?

And if you want to lead the collective voices, then also be responsible to moderate those haters who spread falsehoods and are vindictive. Gahmen got responsibility to listen, you have responsibility to moderate those who are extremists and unreasonable.

re: SMRT FB website

I see better and more immediate communication of work being done and transport alternatives should breakdown occur. And timely updates of work completed.

You got eyes and yet you cannot read the comments and feedback given by the real people on the ground to the "better communication"? Or you only can read headlines and then jump gleefully to a conclusion like you struck Toto?

I find you to be extremely hypocritical. You claim to be thankful to the government, and to be of higher integrity, with stronger appreciation and aware - yet you feebly attempt to be part of the "community" by using the derogatory slang "gahmen" every time you refer to the same government that you purportedly support.

You are working in Singapore, living a privileged life and not suffered any hardships - so why are you so dense, conceited and hypocritical that you cannot concede that you are unwelcome, and are incapable of providing empirical, irrefutable evidence for anything comment that you have made?

re: ...by what study was it based upon that the current infrastructure is sufficient...

LKY admitted that the old method of underbuilding to save money was outdated, upon reflection after the Global Financial Crisis. Ministers Mah and Wong were not agile enough to spot the signs, and they paid for it after the 2011 elections. PM LHL has accepted that must overcapacity going ahead to appease the citizens. You never notice all the new civil infrastructure projects since 2014 and announced after 2015 GE?

If one consider only the train infrastructure, one cannot deny the new lines and stations opened ahead of schedule. Plus TEL all the way to Johore in the works.

If you want to fixate only on EW and NS line, then I agree with you that in 2013 it was bursting during peak hours. (Plus maintenance and replacement schedules ignored since it was Global Financial Crisis) But you have to acknowledge that the faults have been admitted and are being fixed as they occur. What you suggest to totally tear down and rebuild is not feasible now and will cause too much disruption.

And if you talk about other infrastructure for the economy growth, you cannot deny the new expressways, Tuas Port, Changi Airport Terminals, new downtown, Marina Bay, Highspeed Rail etc. Are these not being planned and built in anticipation?

re: ...the point raised is clearly not about sex but the affordability of public housing...

The minister made a light-hearted point that young adults should consider what they value more: the location of their intended home (which may be more expensive so have to wait longer to get married), or buying something more affordable smaller BTO in less prime area to start family first (if having children and family is more valuable).

Are you really so bitter that you see only doom and gloom?

I thought you were the one who said we should focus on fixing the problems, and the governement doesn't leave any problem unfixed? So why do we still have problems? It's not about the age of the line, it's about the problem.

re: ...Singapore Conversation...

I only attended the ones about improving NS. Three sessions across six months, each with about 100 attendees. Total Singapore Conversation lasted a year and Reach feedback portal continued thereafter. I attended three Reach sessions to do with transport issues, and had one face-face indepth interview about my suggestions to improve private car ownership and use in singapore.

Minister Heng said 50,000 citizens attended Singapore Conversation. And the NGO charities do their own feedback gathering among the low income welfare folks. This not representative of citizens?

re: ...I had given fair amt of feedback that I have seen implemented...However when it comes to issues with transport...

So you do agree that gahmen has been working.

But your grouse about slow and glossed-over transport issues I would say that participants during Reach sessions were too self-centred and uninformed, with too many weird demands. My session had retirees complaining about bus aircon too cold at night! (That was the one where the bus scheduling and frequency issues were solved: bus stops now have time schedules and overcrowded routes have more buses run at 10-15 minute intervals during peak hours.)

My suggestions led to face-face in-depth discussion which I now see fruition in the Uber/Grab, shared bicycles and shared EV initiatives.

re: ...why aren't they doing more to engage with the masses...

You are privy to the information collected? You help out in the grassroots? Why do you presume? What do you suggest? How much time should the minister spend at your house to hear your views? Why are your views more important or more correct than your neighbour or the less fortunate?

I thought you said you attended the Singapore Conversation specifically for the Population White Paper? Now its only the ones regarding NS ah? And by the way, the Singapore Conversation was specifically for the Population White Paper. All other sessions are regarded as Reach sessions. I have provided the link and the published reports - which obviously you didn't read.

You are working in China and live in Bishan HDB and own a car. I would suggest you check on the ground first before relying on google and referring to another forum post dead since 2010.

I have friends living in Jln Kayu and in Punggol new condo and HDB. And they acknowledge the improvements in roads: new access points from TPE/SLE, Sengkang and Sembawang Aerospace Park. Plus KPE access.

For NE line train, frequency is up during peak.

re: ...so why build up the housing so quickly only to have infrastructure fail...

You already agreed that infrastructure is not instant. Enhancements can be added only once actual choke points are known. Gahmen does not sit and do nothing. At least admit this in your bitter, self-important brain.

What kind of job do you have that you are so uninformed and shallow?

I recommend you practice what you cyber-preach, and actually visit HDB estates to speak to the people who are actually there instead of what you watch on CNA from the comforts of your closeted well. You choose to quote a dead man's quotes from 1996, and yet when others quote similar contextual quotes, they are erroneous? What a hypocrite...

What kind of job do you have that you are so myopic and nonsensical?

You are working in China, live in Bishan HDB and own a car. It is obvious you have made lifestyle choices for what is more valuable to you and your family.

Why do you think citizens are robots and have no options to ease their work day? You don't make alternative transport arrangements for high-value important days and meetings?

Why don't you step back and consider your own blindspot in your comments above?

What are you suggesting? Subsidised private car and private road for each citizen, with NS driver free? One train carriage per passenger who is a citizen?

What you mention are personal frustrations of living in modern city. But you have a job so you should be able to decide which lifestyle choices are more valuable to you and your family. Why are you so self-important that the gahmen must smooth over all inconveniences (even the unforseen ones) in your life?

Now you see the truth in LKY's quote when he said that citizens like to blame gahmen and don't take responsibility for their own actions or inactions? What does that say about the quality of citizens?

re: ...And yet, you deflect when asked what source and information you are privy to...

Your reading comprehension is poor. My evidence is all around you and in the newspapers. The infrastructure projects being built or completed such as the Downtown Line Phase 3 or the TEL being built. These are not empty promises.

And my LKY quotes are not made up. They are dated and verbatim. (Unlike your lie about having privy information said to you by George Yeo) I quote LKY to reinforce my points about the error of your views. LKY was privy to all gahmen stats and figures, and I don't doubt his observations of citizens' behaviour and abilities.

Unlike your 'evidence' of gahmen failures which are actually outdated forum posts, and hearsay anecdotes. Go ahead and offer constructive criticisms but please stop fault-finding and harping on outdated news or falsehoods.

You work in China, live in premium Bishan area and own a car. Why are you so bitter about your life in Singapore?

The events are unforeseen ie. unpredictable. Smart citizens go with the flow and adapt, and don't cry over split milk. Unlike you, a senior/mature worker citizen who persist in being bitter and try to find fault.

Unless you are saying you can see the future. (If that is the case why not use your 'talent' and be paid as consultant to the SMRT?)

re: ...Do you know how long you will live...

Once again your irrelevant example. (btw exact time of death and how one dies is unpredictable, but ones funeral preferences can be prebooked.) You really should learn more precise written discourse.

My example is as relevant as the fact that you have no evidence to refute my point other than spout deflective nonsense as a feeble attempt to try to respond. I've already stated that events are unpredictable, yet you saw fit to respond by saying that we can predict our situation by first pre-booking car rides, leaving early, etc. And now, you roti-prata back to support my point unknowingly.

re: ...albeit myopic...might help broaden your views...taken offence to comprehension of simple English.

Wow, you have revealed how self-important you are. You really think you are the self-appointed know-it-all among the senior/matured haters in this forum. Everything you pronounce is the truth and the law?

You are talking rubbish and falsehoods most of the time. For a working adult with kids, you should be ashamed of your bitterness and fault finding.

You are nothing but the son of a coolie, farmer or clerk made good due to the superior english-based education system available in singapore (created and enhanced by pappies gahmen). Yet you become arrogant and self-important and believe yourself so superior that you pronounce judgement on all the gahmen works and policies you find inconvenient or that does not add to your self-interest.

See what LKY had to say about you:

"Our forefathers were the riff-raff of Southeast China: the landless peasants, the jobless, the younger sons who could not do well. We had no scholars, no highly cultured people, the opera singers, authors, poets and artists. The literati did not emigrate..." 1994.

Why are you so bitter Terrylmt? You work in China, live in premium Bishan and have a car.

I leave it to readers to judge for themselves whether my verbatim and annotated quotes are more relevant, or your fault-finding personal anecdotes and outdated forum posts.

Why are you so self-important in your views that you believe you alone must be right?

You are working in China, live in premium Bishan and own a car. Why are you so bitter about gahmen policies? You retrenched from civil service? Or you had some selfish, KS demands rejected by MP?

#ilovemoutai

re: ...Where did you get this information from?...

"So, our salaries have become almost twice that of Hong Kong; it is farfetched to claim that the Singaporean is twice as productive as the Hong Kong worker." - LKY during May Day Rally 1985

re: ...we are asking for a masterplan that will see us competing adequately...

"The easier part was building world-class infrastructure. The difficult part was to educate and train our people to behave and act as first-world citizens, able to use, maintain and improve their productivity operating these infrastructures." - LKY 2008

You ask for "masterplan"? You obviously not too observant of the opportunities available and your own abilities. So many choices but you keep demanding personal direction? Even in 2008 citizens are still low quality. That's why I say senior/mature workers like you lack self-awareness about your own work quality, and yet want to be gahmen critic and watchdog.

Terrylmt, stop talking so big and acting as if your self-important views and opinions are the only things that matter in the issues singapore faces. You know nuts but act arrogant and self-important.

Last I checked, we are talking about 2017 policies and the economy of 2017... not 1985... Are you Marty McFly?

I have shown no facts? I leave your sore loser comment for all to see. Anyone with a rational, reasoning mind will see immediately how LKY's quotes are so telling about your narrow viewpoints.

It must hurt your pride so much to have me upstage you with the quotes. You really are arrogant and self-important. You are a senior/matured worker with a job that allows you to travel to China, and have a prime Bishan HDB and a car. Be more reasonable and rational in your views and complaints, please.

And speaking of facts, where is your verbatim quote from George Yeo which you boasted about? You lied, right? Because you wanted to inflate your own self-importance when you actually know nothing much.

Stop calling names. Are you really so juvenile? Has anyone called you names before you started? Geez...

It must have hurt your pride so much that your whole life and so-called facts are built upon lies and delusions that you tried to force down people's throats - but got rejected and now you are just trying to pick up the scraps of your shattered ego by insulting others. What an oaf.

You merely confirmed that you are a hypocrite complainer. HDB prices in area you live in have appreciated well. Gahmen is not intentionally making life hard for anyone.

But you don't realise that you have grown swell-headed and arrogant from the success built into Singapore by the gahmen. The asset price rise is not through your own hard work or intelligence. Surely you must acknowledge gahmen's hard work.

re: ...Have I ever insulted, or suggested the ineptitude of your family...

No. But you have confirmed strongly your own poor quality genes with your unreasonable and irrational views.

This kind of retort. Confirm you cannot take on the global competition. No wonder so bitter about gahmen policies.

Confirmed you lost the track of the discourse. Anger clouding your senior brain.

You asked for facts. And I provided them and shown that they are still relevant for this day. The issue is that some senior/matured workers like you are lousy and poor quality but choose to blame others instead of yourself. Too arrogant to admit. Too self-important about your own views and abilities.

Not too fun wiping the ground with Terrylmt's face. He quite helpless.

Wow.. I am really deeply saddened by the fact that you really are an empty shell who has absolutely no idea of the world that you are living in. Notice that I refrain from using derogatory remarks and name-calling because I do not believe that results yield results. 

So if you are happy in insulting others and think you have won by doing so, then you are truly a very, very sad individual. Your self-worth and self-esteem is so low that I think the auntie who peddles tissues has a higher sense of self-worth than you do.

You can continue to indulge in your fantasy, but you have proven beyond a shadow of doubt to almost everyone in this forum that you are without substance, reason or compassion.

Adieu.

• Praise 3

SMRT very reliable hor? Never break down hor? Always up hor?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Singapore_MRT_disruptions

lai... hor limpeh explain an zua ah neh kuan? ai mai? you wanna defend but don't wanna address the real problem.. simi lan jiao "My views are supported by the reality of daily life in Singapore."

Your daily life is not indicative of the daily lives of the rest of Singapore. It's your own. You don't even take the MRT.

#kthxbye

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 2