• Search this thread
  • Reply to this topic
98 replies to this topic | 288 praises

Posted 26 October 2017 - 09:10 PM

DACH
  • DACH
    2Fast2Furious
    The points of the user determines the rank. The higher the points, the higher the rank.
    Author Image
    The bar represents the rank and points of the user. The longer the bar, the higher the rank and points.

Points are accumulated from other users who Praise or Disliked this users' posts.

New 2018 BMW X2 SUV revealed

1bmwx2.jpg?itok=cDgllBIh

Based on the X1, the BMW X2 crossover will slot in beneath the X3 to provide another premium SUV offering

BMW is aiming to fill yet another niche within the ever-growing ranks of premium SUVs with its latest creation: the X2. It has now been revealed in full – ahead of its launch next month.

The X2 is designed to slot in between the entry-level front-drive-based X1 and the larger X3, as a model that focuses more on style than outright practicality. It shares many of its mechanicals with the X1, as well as the MINI Countryman. That means it uses BMW’s UKL2 platform – a chassis that restricts the car to four-cylinder engines but still offers the possibility of four-wheel drive on high-end models and, in theory, plug-in hybrid powertrains.

2bmwx2.jpg?itok=Sub3tC3T

The newcomer sticks admirably close to the looks of the Concept X2 seen at 2016’s Paris Motor Show. It has the same wheelbase as the X1, but shorter overhangs for a dynamic look. Perhaps more significantly, its roofline is a full 70mm lower, making the X2 more of a hatchback than a coupé-SUV. The 470-litre boot is 35 litres smaller than the X1’s.

Other concept car touches to make production include the swept-back lights, the rising window line (incorporating BMW’s signature Hofmeister kink), the ultra-slim hatchback glass and even the BMW badge inset into the C-pillar. Basic SE models get 17-inch wheels, but more expensive trim levels will be available with 20-inch rims.

Despite the platform’s capability, there’s no sign of electrification in the X2 launch line-up. Its range will comprise the two-wheel-drive, petrol-engined sDrive20i, and a pair of four-wheel-drive diesels, badged xDrive20d and xDrive25d. The sDrive20i has 228bhp and 450Nm, and is available only with a seven-speed Steptronic dual-clutch auto transmission. It covers 0-62mph in 6.7 seconds, and emits between 126 and 134g/km of CO2 depending on wheel size.

The diesels are both equipped with an eight-speed auto box. The xDrive20d has 188bhp and 400Nm, but emits between 121 and 126g/km of CO2, while the xDrive25d produces 228bhp and 450Nm, and emits between 133 and 139g/km.

BMW has already confirmed that further engines will join the line-up in early 2018 – two more petrols, and a pair of diesels. The entry-level 138bhp 1.5-litre three-cylinder petrol sDrive18i will join the four-wheel-drive xDrive20i, which has 189bhp. The diesels will be the 148bhp sDrive18d and xDrive18d; the front-drive edition of that variant will be the most efficient X2, with CO2 emissions as low as 119g/km.

The car will be offered in SE, Sport, M Sport and M Sport X specs; the latter command a £3,550 and £4,350 premium over SE models respectively. SE features sat-nav, dual-zone climate control and a power tailgate, while Sport has sports seats and LED lights. M Sport variants get larger wheels and body-coloured side skirts, and M Sport X versions switch some of the design details to grey, for a more off-road-biased look. Confusingly, M Sport and M Sport X models are 10mm lower than regular X2s.

6bmwx2.jpg?itok=_0i2Zeay

Inside, the X2 gets familiar BMW cues, including iDrive and a 6.5-inch infotainment display that’s standard across the range, but which can be upgraded to a similarly sized Touch Control set-up, or an 8.8-inch screen with the same features. A head-up display will also be offered, as an option, along with WiFi hotspot preparation. Apple CarPlay will also be an extra, however, and Android Auto won’t be available.

5bmwx2.jpg?itok=Dm66WUrb

3bmwx2.jpg?itok=FOa2l5s1

4bmwx2.jpg?itok=_m6SbeoR

7bmwx2.jpg?itok=U_B9azvh

8bmwx2.jpg?itok=wfS7yCnM

9bmwx2.jpg?itok=2SerSYwb

10bmwx2.jpg?itok=i_E6S1Sj

Carbon82, Newbie26 and andrewyewkc praised this
Dream car: Lamborghini Murcielago 6.2

Posted 27 October 2017 - 01:36 AM

Baleno
  • Baleno
    4th Gear
    The points of the user determines the rank. The higher the points, the higher the rank.
    Author Image
    The bar represents the rank and points of the user. The longer the bar, the higher the rank and points.

Points are accumulated from other users who Praise or Disliked this users' posts.

Looks more like a hatchback rather than SUV.

image.jpg

Posted 27 October 2017 - 07:02 AM

Douglam
  • Douglam
    3rd Gear
    Author Image

So now the model line is complete
1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8 series
X1,X2,X3,X4,X5,X6,X7

Now just need to complete the i and z series.

Huat ah!

Edited by Douglam, 27 October 2017 - 07:28 AM.

Posted 27 October 2017 - 08:26 AM

Soya
  • Soya
    2Fast2Furious
    Author Image

So now the model line is complete
1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8 series
X1,X2,X3,X4,X5,X6,X7

Now just need to complete the i and z series.

Huat ah!

Not quite complete. Still missing the 516i. SG's potential best seller of all time ever
Tohto and Koster praised this

Posted 27 October 2017 - 01:59 PM

Rayoflight
  • Rayoflight
    6th Gear
    Author Image

seriously need so many of all these compact mini suvs meh?

this one more like GLA size..

BMW open another mkt for those aunties liao

Posted 27 October 2017 - 02:29 PM

Ahbengdriver
  • Ahbengdriver
    Supercharged
    Author Image

why's the kidney grilles upside down :huh: .

I know, I know already.  The Merc GLA designer jumped ship to join BMW. 

Oiii calling all hiadee/hiabuays of my Alumni, this is the car to buy.  See you all on this chia in 6 months' time at our ABD AGM.  Trade in your Cheevic and Larnsir for one.  Mai tu liao.

Edited by Ahbengdriver, 27 October 2017 - 02:30 PM.

===========================================================================
I am looking for another word other than "disgusting" to describe 4.62 minion but bcos I neber pass my PSLE, the only word I know is "KNNBCBB"

Posted 27 October 2017 - 04:18 PM

Tohto
  • Premium member
    Tohto
    2Fast2Furious
    Author Image

Not quite complete. Still missing the 516i. SG's potential best seller of all time ever

With 3 cylinder engine  :wacko:  :wacko:

Posted 27 October 2017 - 04:56 PM

DACH
  • DACH
    2Fast2Furious
    Author Image

seriously need so many of all these compact mini suvs meh?

this one more like GLA size..

BMW open another mkt for those aunties liao

I have a feeling PML may stop selling the X1 if they bring in this.
Dream car: Lamborghini Murcielago 6.2

Posted 27 October 2017 - 06:24 PM

Spidey10
  • Spidey10
    5th Gear
    Author Image

Yeah! If it comes luxury mode and comes with all the bells and whistles...why not! I would buy, coz in SG roads dun need powderful cars, drive 20-30 meters traffic light, so no point...😜
Most importantly comfort and all the passive safety...
Come come 516!! If diesel even better, the torque!! Lovely!!

Posted 27 October 2017 - 06:33 PM

Soya
  • Soya
    2Fast2Furious
    Author Image

Yeah! If it comes luxury mode and comes with all the bells and whistles...why not! I would buy, coz in SG roads dun need powderful cars, drive 20-30 meters traffic light, so no point...ð
Most importantly comfort and all the passive safety...
Come come 516!! If diesel even better, the torque!! Lovely!!

Once it gets here, I'll set up a Carousell account to sell 530i badges. Sure huat ar. Haha
Carbon82 praised this

Posted 28 February 2018 - 09:13 PM

Spring
I understand that this car is at PML showroom already but need SE to bring u up as it’s not displayed in public yet, I suppose homologation not done yet.

Anyway it’s being launched at $193888 for 2 litre n 1 variant only for now.

Edited by Spring, 28 February 2018 - 09:15 PM.

DACH, Angcheek, FourZero and Mercs praised this
<!-- isHtml:1 -->

Posted 28 February 2018 - 09:48 PM

Hamburger
  • Premium member
    Hamburger
    2Fast2Furious
    Author Image

They all look the same.
Newbie26 praised this
do to others what you want others to do to you......

Posted 28 February 2018 - 10:51 PM

Alextoh76
  • Alextoh76
    Neutral Newbie
    Author Image

With tat pricing. Maybe volvo xc40 is maybe a better choice as there is more driver assistance features are included. Also the infotainment is not a close system

Posted 02 March 2018 - 12:23 AM

Zze121
  • Zze121
    5th Gear
    Author Image

Their proto type always looks better.

Posted 02 March 2018 - 05:47 PM

KKTAN
  • Premium member
    KKTAN
    2nd Gear
    Author Image

X2 in pml already

Edited by KKTAN, 02 March 2018 - 05:53 PM.

Posted 02 March 2018 - 05:59 PM

KKTAN
  • Premium member
    KKTAN
    2nd Gear
    Author Image

Oops sorry for the orientation of the pics.

Attached Thumbnails

• BE69F04C-E6A0-4129-A1AF-6D0021E68AB7.jpeg
  • 1B0BB64B-7590-405A-A217-8310A1940801.jpeg

andrewyewkc, Silver_blade and 1 Anonymous member praised this

Posted 03 March 2018 - 09:13 PM

shrjun
  • Premium member
    shrjun
    3rd Gear
    Author Image

More rubbish auto cars for aunties who don't know how to drive  [thumbsdown]

Posted 03 March 2018 - 09:25 PM

Spring

Oops sorry for the orientation of the pics.

No interior or frontal shots?
Tks anyway!
Angcheek, Uncle2 and Mercs praised this
<!-- isHtml:1 -->

Posted 03 March 2018 - 10:23 PM

Alextoh76
  • Alextoh76
    Neutral Newbie
    Author Image

No interior or frontal shots?
Tks anyway!

go youtube it. full reviews there with all the views. they have started selling it 2mths back in EURO states n taiwan. seems like we always the last. msia also get 1st. But i believe we pay the most! keke

1 Anonymous member praised this

Posted 03 March 2018 - 10:40 PM

Watwheels
  • Premium member
    Watwheels
    2Fast2Furious
    Author Image

Only BMW can sell a smaller similar car at a more premium price. LoL...

Perhaps more significantly, its roofline is a full 70mm lower, making the X2 more of a hatchback than a coupé-SUV. The 470-litre boot is 35 litres smaller than the X1’s. (In other words it's smaller dan an X1)

If you compare it with the X1 which shares the same mechanicals and it sits inbetween X1 and X3 means it's going to be pricier dan the X1.

The Germans are genius. But nobody can beat this thing called coe. Creating something out of nothing and make ppl bid for it to buy a car. I think even the devil can't come up with something so perfect.

The chosen one will bring balance to the Force...I mean Singapore. Even star wars do not reserve "the chosen one" to a sith lord or a jedi or a wookie.

Back to Conti Talk  ·  Car Brands Top Reply to this topic

Quick Reply

Tags: bmw, suv, 2018, revealed

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users