Number of foreign vehicles in Singapore?

Wind30

I was trying to find the number of foreign vehicles on our Roads but I can't seem to find any.

I mean all these talk about car-lite Singapore, why is the government not even looking at foreign registered vehicles? surely they have to do something on that front. Does anyone know the amount of VEP we issue?

not to mention all the black smoke coming out of their vehicles. 

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 2

Should we restrict or ban foreign vehicles here, do you want the other governments to reciprocate the act?

We should have a mechanism to limit foreign vehicles to zero growth too right? Coe is a fool proof way to limit Singaporean vehicles, I am just wondering what is being done on the foreign vehicles front.

I don’t think it’s fair or sustainable if nothing is done for foreign vehicles

Should we restrict or ban foreign vehicles here, do you want the other governments to reciprocate the act?

This one cannot,even the World no such restriction.

Interesting topic. Is there any restriction on foreigners and PRs owning cars here? 

Nope...

• Praise 1

Twincharged

Interesting topic. Is there any restriction on foreigners and PRs owning cars here? 

the Feb COE  growth freeze will affect all Singapore plates - regardless who is paying for it.

maybe you want to rephrase your question ?

This one cannot,even the World no such restriction.

Nope...

The only problem that I have with foreign vehicles in Singapore is that it's extremely difficult to claim against them if they hit you and the government isn't doing anything to address that. Singapore car owners are being bullied by foreign vehicles in our own country. Another thing is that I had been seeing a lot of foreign vehicles carrying equipment and machine to do renovation works in Singapore, I'm wondering are those people Singapore PR or work permit holders or Malaysia workers coming to Singapore to work without paying taxes?

• Praise 1

The only problem that I have with foreign vehicles in Singapore is that it's extremely difficult to claim against them if they hit you and the government isn't doing anything to address that. Singapore car owners are being bullied by foreign vehicles in our own country. Another thing is that I had been seeing a lot of foreign vehicles carrying equipment and machine to do renovation works in Singapore, I'm wondering are those people Singapore PR or work permit holders or Malaysia workers coming to Singapore to work without paying taxes?

i think mostly WP. but they reside in MY. 

jb shop owner welcome sporean with open arms and legs

jb ordinary folks not so as usual sporean shout chip chip chip in jb

JB resident will go complaints that singapore vehicle going across the causeway causing their roads jams and noisy, this issue have been on going for the past decade.

the Feb COE  growth freeze will affect all Singapore plates - regardless who is paying for it.

maybe you want to rephrase your question ?

No need to rephrase my question, it is what it is. 

I was trying to find the number of foreign vehicles on our Roads but I can't seem to find any.

I mean all these talk about car-lite Singapore, why is the government not even looking at foreign registered vehicles? surely they have to do something on that front. Does anyone know the amount of VEP we issue?

not to mention all the black smoke coming out of their vehicles. 

Those driving with VEP is fine.  The VEP works out to about the same as paying COE+ARF+custom so there is some control there.

It is the unrestrained free usage on weekdays after 12noon for any foreign car (after 5pm during Jan-May, July-mid Nov) that is the problem.  Even Singapore weekend cars who already pay full COE+ARF+custom less $17k cannot drive before 7pm on a weekday.  In other words, foreign cars which pay zero taxes are entitled to hundreds more free driving hours per year than a properly registered Singapore off-peak car.

• Praise 1

Ya the increased number of foreign vehicles on the road are prolly the reason why the govt are imposing all these diff laws and regulations. The black smoke coming out from these foreign cars are also contributing to global warming. Pls do it in ur own country….

• Praise 1

I think many heavy vehicles are registered in JB. These are the ones emitting pollution.

I agree it will be difficult to stop them but they must meet our emitting standard. What is the point we have euro 6 but some many non euro on the road from across?

↡ Advertisement