Brake noise on big brake kit

coolbluepica

Squeel will be gone once u reach high temp. Maybe you can choose some lower temp brake pads.

Mine is not squeal. Mine is groaning noise at very low speeds when almost complete stops with brake pedal half depressed.

↡ Advertisement

Mine is not squeal. Mine is groaning noise at very low speeds when almost complete stops with brake pedal half depressed.

change pads. you cannot compare stock brakes vs racing brakes.

i think its unrealistic expectations on your part.

want no sound, then use stock pads, which are dusty and wear quicker and cannot take high temps.

want better braking, better bite and sometimes track use, then sound is inevitable.

Edited by Mkl22

Do some hard braking, the pads might not be seated properly. I had this issue when I change my pads too. 

normal if you are playing bbk. Even Brembo also got squeaky sound.. don't floor your brake...damage faster. try to drive more and get used to the sound.

Edited by Jq1988

normal if you are playing bbk. Even Brembo also got squeaky sound.. don't floor your brake...damage faster. try to drive more and get used to the sound.

Lol. Getting used to the sound.

Do some hard braking, the pads might not be seated properly. I had this issue when I change my pads too.

Did hard brake already. From 80km/h to 0

change pads. you cannot compare stock brakes vs racing brakes.

i think its unrealistic expectations on your part.

want no sound, then use stock pads, which are dusty and wear quicker and cannot take high temps.

want better braking, better bite and sometimes track use, then sound is inevitable.

So it’s brake pad issue ? Anyway I’ve ordered project Mu pads to test. Known for quiet.

Lol. Getting used to the sound.

Did hard brake already. From 80km/h to 0

So itâs brake pad issue ? Anyway Iâve ordered project Mu pads to test. Known for quiet.

Project mu also has a wide range of pads. Which one did you buy?

I recently installed a set of AP racing big brake kit. Right after installation, it produce a loud squealing noise during braking. This was resolved after adding brake shim and grease and chamfering the pads.

It has a groaning noise when car is in D gear trying to crawl forward while I depressed the brake pedal slightly to catering for creeping of the car. I noticed many auto gear cars have this noise but it didn’t have on my stock brakes.

Can any gurus advise please is it his normal and how to resolve it?

Thanks.

bro, can check where you did your brake shim and grease? 

my brake kit lagi noisy at low speed. almost cannot take it liao. initially changed rotor and pad, but after 2 weeks only same problem.

Thanks bro

Neutral Newbie

Hi bros,

Mine works fine, try racing ceramic pads.

Also, I am selling my front AP 9040 6 pot, 355 x 32 rotors on 19 inch rims. Disc in very good condition, brake pads left 60%. PM me for price. Thanks!

I recently installed a set of AP racing big brake kit. Right after installation, it produce a loud squealing noise during braking. This was resolved after adding brake shim and grease and chamfering the pads.

It has a groaning noise when car is in D gear trying to crawl forward while I depressed the brake pedal slightly to catering for creeping of the car. I noticed many auto gear cars have this noise but it didn’t have on my stock brakes.

Can any gurus advise please is it his normal and how to resolve it?

Thanks.

Hi bro. Usually some sound when braking is normal due to the higher braking coefficient of the brake pads. But if it's loud and abnormal noises please bring it to your workshop for a check. For peace of mind. Cheers.

• Praise 1

Supercharged

dun tease ur rotors with the pads like that lor, ie. brake more firmly to a stop, to reduce time spent in groaning-inducing brake pedal range.

• Praise 1

Mine is not squeal. Mine is groaning noise at very low speeds when almost complete stops with brake pedal half depressed.M

My vehicle is also make a noise at slow speed like tik tik...some time its brake padal is hard and some time its soft.

I think,, this should be fixed sooner and you should bring your ca to the experts, especially the ideal car mechanics of the specific brand.. Noise in car brakes is totally not good at all..

↡ Advertisement
  • Dislike 1