Singapore Reckless Driver Part V

RadX

I see. Sorry, my apologies for the misunderstanding.

No worries, your classy response is noted and appreciated.   [:)]

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1

Have I not remained civil?

I already stated that the textbook distances suggested factor in conditions which will impair the reaction time of any driver.. yet u take that very big allowance and state that it should be the guildline for all drivers and failing to adhere to that constitutes a certain amount of fault involve.

I counter you by saying if you NEED that space to be able to react in time.. it just means u are a driver that’s frequently distracted. It’s a totally reasonable deduction.

I have to guess you are talking about the 2 second rule?  I didn't invent that rule, it is accepted worldwide.

failing to adhere to that constitutes a certain amount of fault involve.

Following too close inevitably leads to heavy braking, causing those behind to have to brake hard, and so on.  To this extent they are contributing to unnecessary risks on the roads, and to this extent they are at fault.  Seems reasonable to me.

I counter you by saying if you NEED that space to be able to react in time.. it just means u are a driver that’s frequently distracted. It’s a totally reasonable deduction.

It's not a deduction if it is something you imagined to be the case based on a false premise.  You know nothing about my driving style or experience or level of concentration.  All this you have imagined.  That is why it is important only to respond to what people actually post not what you imagined.

I have to guess you are talking about the 2 second rule? I didn't invent that rule, it is accepted worldwide.

failing to adhere to that constitutes a certain amount of fault involve.

Following too close inevitably leads to heavy braking, causing those behind to have to brake hard, and so on. To this extent they are contributing to unnecessary risks on the roads, and to this extent they are at fault. Seems reasonable to me.

I counter you by saying if you NEED that space to be able to react in time.. it just means u are a driver thatâs frequently distracted. Itâs a totally reasonable deduction.

It's not a deduction if it is something you imagined to be the case based on a false premise. You know nothing about my driving style or experience or level of concentration. All this you have imagined. That is why it is important only to respond to what people actually post not what you imagined.

This has gone on for numerous pages. I don't feel like either party would change their stand so can this end now?

The more gracious party will be the one that does not take the bait and respond on this topic further.

• Praise 12

(edited)

from roads.sg

aiyoh, we need bigger hump to get these drivers to slow down

https://www.facebook.com/andrew.n.boon/videos/10155684788353040/

It looked like the cam car driver accelerated just before the crossing. The speed hump is there so that you can slow down, not step on the oil pedal harder and blame the kids for the near-miss.

The fact that cam car driver posted the self-incriminating video online shows that he seriously lacks self awareness. Anxiously waiting for mr i-can-do-no-wrong to dislike my comment. Come come don't be shy.

Edited by Jellandross
  • Praise 5

(edited)

It looked like the cam car driver accelerated just before the crossing. The speed hump is there so that you can slow down, not step on the oil pedal harder and blame the kids for the near-miss.

The fact that cam car driver posted the self-incriminating video online shows that he seriously lacks self awareness. Anxiously waiting for mr i-can-do-no-wrong to dislike my comment. Come come don't be shy.

Agree. he was approaching the speed hump too fast . But not too bad, he was not recklessly fast . I was thinking the authority should put a speed hump before pedestrian crossing. By incorporating a speed hump together with pedestrian crossing like the way it is now does not really serve the purpose of slowing car down. Edited by Ct3833
  • Praise 2

(edited)

looking at how bus driver drive the bus up and down genting

i seriously don't dare to take bus up to genting [sweatdrop]

in the old days ... i get to KL and bao a taxi up to genting

if he drive siaoly ... you can talk to him nicely to drive slow [sly]

Edited by Wt_know
  • Praise 1

looking at how bus driver drive the bus up and down genting

i seriously don't dare to take bus up to genting [sweatdrop]

in the old days ... i get to KL and bao a taxi up to genting

if he drive siaoly ... you can talk to him nicely to drive slow [sly]

The coach drivers drive very fast de. We usually drive at 110 in NSH as got kids in our car. Always see many coaches driving pass us then after that out of sight liao.
  • Praise 5

Supersonic

The coach drivers drive very fast de. We usually drive at 110 in NSH as got kids in our car. Always see many coaches driving pass us then after that out of sight liao.

haha i thought i'm the only hogger on nshw
  • Praise 4

Supersonic

Agree. he was approaching the speed hump too fast . But not too bad, he was not recklessly fast . I was thinking the authority should put a speed hump before pedestrian crossing. By incorporating a speed hump together with pedestrian crossing like the way it is now does not really serve the purpose of slowing car down.

it's implemented in some places already.

However speed hump or no, it is still the duty of the driver to look out for any potential dangers ahead.

• Praise 1

110kmh on NSHW is a comfortable,safe and responsible speed .
  • Praise 3

Twincharged

110kmh on NSHW is a comfortable,safe and responsible speed .

But i wonder how many People keep to this 110km/h limit when they go M'sia. -_-  [lipsrsealed]

• Praise 1

(edited)

Noob driver.. rIp lamppost

At least he kept distance from bus hor @mockngbrd

It's ok.. never crash at hotel let all the chio bu see..

Too bad Kenna YouTube..

Come to think of it.. his friend sabo him make him Lau kwee by posting YouTube ah....

Edited by Playtime
  • Praise 5