Magnifying glass
  • Search this thread
  • Reply to this topic
12 replies to this topic | 15 praises

Posted 01 November 2017 - 09:16 AM

Bluepica
  • Bluepica
    5th Gear
    The points of the user determines the rank. The higher the points, the higher the rank.
    Author Image
    The bar represents the rank and points of the user. The longer the bar, the higher the rank and points.

Points are accumulated from other users who Praise or Disliked this users' posts.

Anyone done a road trip in Israel before? Is it safe to self drive?

Posted 01 November 2017 - 10:25 AM

Vidz
  • Premium member
    Vidz
    6th Gear
    The points of the user determines the rank. The higher the points, the higher the rank.
    Author Image
    The bar represents the rank and points of the user. The longer the bar, the higher the rank and points.

Points are accumulated from other users who Praise or Disliked this users' posts.

No, not at all. I wouldn't recommend it, especially West Bank, Golan Heights area for obvious reasons.  Go on a tour, with experienced local guides and even armed security in certain areas. [laugh]

Dleodleo praised this
[drivingcar]

Posted 01 November 2017 - 10:27 AM

Roadrunner2029
  • Roadrunner2029
    2Fast2Furious
    Author Image

He won't be able to drive into West Bank with a rental car. Rental cars can also stay within Israel-controlled territories, and certainly cannot cross into Jordan.

No, not at all. I wouldn't recommend it, especially West Bank, Golan Heights area for obvious reasons.  Go on a tour, with experienced local guides and even armed security in certain areas. [laugh]

Posted 01 November 2017 - 10:50 AM

Bluepica
  • Bluepica
    5th Gear
    Author Image

He won't be able to drive into West Bank with a rental car. Rental cars can also stay within Israel-controlled territories, and certainly cannot cross into Jordan.

So which means Jerusalem - Dead Sea - Masada - Tel Aviv is not do able?  [:(]

Posted 01 November 2017 - 10:53 AM

Roadrunner2029
  • Roadrunner2029
    2Fast2Furious
    Author Image

Along this route and stay within Israel-controlled zone should be OK, but how you make sure you don't get into the wrong zone is another question. Obviously, you might have to detour a bit.

So which means Jerusalem - Dead Sea - Masada - Tel Aviv is not do able?  [:(]

Tianmo praised this

Posted 01 November 2017 - 10:59 AM

Vidz
  • Premium member
    Vidz
    6th Gear
    Author Image

Tel Aviv, Masada seems fine, but Jerusalem is highly questionable.

It not only about staying within Israel controlled area, but also to avoid Arab-area after dark.

Not really a place you wanna get lost in [laugh]  

[drivingcar]

Posted 01 November 2017 - 11:08 AM

Bluepica
  • Bluepica
    5th Gear
    Author Image

It not only about staying within Israel controlled area, but also to avoid Arab-area after dark.

I won't be driving around Jerusalem city, just that i need to rent the car there and get out of the city  [:p]

Posted 01 November 2017 - 11:10 AM

Roadrunner2029
  • Roadrunner2029
    2Fast2Furious
    Author Image

Actually, it's not a very big place. Tel Aviv to Jerusalem just take a bus or taxi.

I won't be driving around Jerusalem city, just that i need to rent the car there and get out of the city  [:p]

Posted 01 November 2017 - 12:07 PM

Bluepica
  • Bluepica
    5th Gear
    Author Image

Actually, it's not a very big place. Tel Aviv to Jerusalem just take a bus or taxi.

Actually I wanted to go to Masada, but the day tour doesn't suit my timing, so thinking of driving there and then head to TLV lo, instead of going back to Jerusalem, save $ too... if that's doable la...

Posted 01 November 2017 - 01:49 PM

Davidtkl
  • Davidtkl
    6th Gear
    Author Image

Is this your first time there?

For first timer, I would not recommend that.

Anyone done a road trip in Israel before? Is it safe to self drive?

Posted 01 November 2017 - 04:03 PM

Davidtkl
  • Davidtkl
    6th Gear
    Author Image

Actually, the security situation there has often been overplayed by the media.

I have walked in the streets of Jerusalem alone at night before and nothing has happened to me.

In Tel Aviv, an American tourist got stabbed in one of the places I went to a week earlier, in broad daylight.

I transited in Istanbul and it was surreal to see on TV the areas which I was in involved in a terrorist incident.

Dleodleo praised this

Posted 01 November 2017 - 04:44 PM

Vidz
  • Premium member
    Vidz
    6th Gear
    Author Image

Actually, the security situation there has often been overplayed by the media.

I have walked in the streets of Jerusalem alone at night before and nothing has happened to me.

In Tel Aviv, an American tourist got stabbed in one of the places I went to a week earlier, in broad daylight.

I transited in Istanbul and it was surreal to see on TV the areas which I was in involved in a terrorist incident.

Yes, generally feels rather safe, but I wouldn't be in the certain quarters at night.

better be safe than sorry.   [laugh]

[drivingcar]

Posted 02 November 2017 - 10:18 AM

Bluepica
  • Bluepica
    5th Gear
    Author Image

Yes, generally feels rather safe, but I wouldn't be in the certain quarters at night.
better be safe than sorry. [laugh]

I guess so... my friend went there recce recently and told me he didn’t feel any threat at all in both modern and old Jerusalem. Even in the Palestinian town of Bethlehem, Jericho and Ramallah, ppl there are helpful and friendly .
So guess should be alright to drive... more over the area I’m driving thru are consider to be Area A, all Israel controlled area should shouldn’t be loiter into restricted area... according to some ppl, there are big warning signage for restricted roads and area.

Back to Travel & Road Trips  ·  Non-Car Related Top Reply to this topic

Quick Reply

Tags: israel, middle east, self drive and 2 more...

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users