Kenwood DNX9170s (Capacitive, AA & CP)

BengGaBoy

Hi folks,

Anybody has used Kenwood DNX9170s that comes with 7" capacitive touch screen and support both Android Autoplay and Apple Carplay ?

http://www.kenwood.com/sg/car/visual_navigation/dnx9170s/

Anybody has any price & shop to share ? So far my Google search only shows ~USD890 from eBay and RM3200 from some Malaysia sites.

Lastly, can it support car with 360 camera as well as steering wheel remote ?

Thanks

↡ Advertisement

Few months ago when I last checked directly with JVCKenwood Singapore, DNX9170S was still not available when I got DDX917WS. You can try calling them here.

You can also try calling their distributor Sim Khee Meng Enterprises Pte Ltd and also where to buy here.

What car are you driving? If you are driving Toyota or Subaru, DDX917WS would fit better as it is a 200mm width model meaning there is no large gap and thus no need to use the plastic trim.

Both model support dual video input so 360 cam is not an issue after one is taken up by reverse cam.

Steering wheel remote is dependent on the brand of cars with the corresponding steering wheel adaptor. I'm not sure what adaptor DNX9170S comes with if any at all but DDX917WS already comes with one that fits Toyota and is plug and play. So if you are diying, you may need to get the adaptor separately. Else the audio shop should have the right adaptor to fit your car.

Just so you know, I downloaded the manual for DNX9170S but do not see voice command search feature for the built-in Garmin so to me it's a deal breaker. Android Auto or Car Play already supports voice command search in any case.

If you are buying from MY or overseas, you will have to consider support and warranty issue.

PM me if you want to know where I bought and install mine locally.

Edited by Carz73
  • Praise 1

Is in already but pricy about 1.2k.

Wanted to install but due to budget install dnx4150bt instead.

Wow. So ex. Looks like Malaysia is selling cheaper. Saw an ad going for RM3,000 which is about S$969. Only concern is warranty :(

Oh. Just saw that Qoo10 is selling @ S$908 (exclude shipment fees of $17.30 from Malaysia).

If with $100 coupon promotion, this will bring down the price to $825.3 with a savings of S$374.7.

Hmmm...

Oh. Just saw that Qoo10 is selling @ S$908 (exclude shipment fees of $17.30 from Malaysia).

If with $100 coupon promotion, this will bring down the price to $825.3 with a savings of S$374.7.

Hmmm...

Can try lah, its up to individual don't think the unit will malfunction easily unless really suay.