I30 fastback is so awesome..

lio_3000

Deleted due to double post 

As per title, guess the fastback after price revealed is not so awesome afterall.

Well, wait for it to drop....when Kona first launched also very ex. Now drop already. I guess it's usually like this with new things. Early adopters pay a premium to get bragging rights.

Edited by Kar_lover
↡ Advertisement

If it comes with the same engine as the i30 and the wagon then $124K is just nuts... no matter how luxurious the car is... cos it's still a compact... it's not a halo product like the i30N... or Stinger.

If it comes with the same engine as the i30 and the wagon then $124K is just nuts... no matter how luxurious the car is... cos it's still a compact... it's not a halo product like the i30N... or Stinger.

I guess wif the raving reviews of their i30N and Stinger have gotten them to boldly up-price their supposedly "premium" cars. Let's c if their strategy works?

I guess wif the raving reviews of their i30N and Stinger have gotten them to boldly up-price their supposedly "premium" cars. Let's c if their strategy works?

Nah... I doubt it has to do with their premium sports models... just the positioning of the car... they decide to stuff it with more premium features and that raises the OMV significantly so that keeping their profit margin raises the price to an unrealistic level... they're looking to promote this as a premium line compared to the Elantra/Accent line... cos the i-line is made for Europe and the interior is more upmarket than the standard model line-up...

Nah... I doubt it has to do with their premium sports models... just the positioning of the car... they decide to stuff it with more premium features and that raises the OMV significantly so that keeping their profit margin raises the price to an unrealistic level... they're looking to promote this as a premium line compared to the Elantra/Accent line... cos the i-line is made for Europe and the interior is more upmarket than the standard model line-up...

Even so, the taxation here makes the pricing too unattractive, unlike overseas. They should bring in i30N instead.

Stinger not under komoco....as for i30 the rave review is due to the value proposition based on its $90+k pricing, not $124k. 

Yep that's you, not me. Which is fine. But the way you replied my earlier post seems like u are assuming i am the "typical Singaporean" that won't pay more than $100k for Korean car to which i am clarifying that i am not.

I agree brand matters but it is not the only thing that matters.

Cannot praise you because I just did recently.

Agree with ya. A lot of people in SG buy brand then buy car. Nothing wrong though, just different strokes for different folks.

Even so, the taxation here makes the pricing too unattractive, unlike overseas. They should bring in i30N instead.

In local market context, such halo products like Stinger and i30N while they are nice, attractive cars, they won’t do as well as other markets one because over here branding perception and value is placed on a emphasis much higher than other countries.

Products like these that has its price eating into conti segments, people usually will choose the latter. Even though the latter may have less kit, performance and styling.

Products like these that has its price eating into conti segments, people usually will choose the latter. Even though the latter may have less kit, performance and styling.

True. I m guilty of it...

Cannot praise you because I just did recently.

Agree with ya. A lot of people in SG buy brand then buy car. Nothing wrong though, just different strokes for different folks.

In local market context, such halo products like Stinger and i30N while they are nice, attractive cars, they wonât do as well as other markets one because over here branding perception and value is placed on a emphasis much higher than other countries.

Thankfully we also have many who appreciate what these brands bring to the table... like you bro with the Stinger... unfortunately it's just too expensive for me... out of reach even for the 2.0 L turbo... sigh... Edited by teomingern

Thankfully we also have many who appreciate what these brands bring to the table... like you bro with the Stinger... unfortunately it's just too expensive for me... out of reach even for the 2.0 L turbo... sigh...

U and me both...
  • Praise 1

Currently driving an Elantra (bought last year) and the i30 Fastback caught my interest. Checked with the SE and understand they are taking in booking at $115k.

I am taken aback because I was at Audi Experience show and A3 saloon 1.4 is retailing at $109k.

SE mentioned that i30 Fastback has a lot more features than A3, the specifics I am unaware.

I know Hyundai differentiate itself through features, like the Elantra I have, there’s aircon seats, electric seat adjustment, blind spot detection, etc. That said, it’s a little hard for me to swallow for the on par pricing.

Currently driving an Elantra (bought last year) and the i30 Fastback caught my interest. Checked with the SE and understand they are taking in booking at $115k.

I am taken aback because I was at Audi Experience show and A3 saloon 1.4 is retailing at $109k.

SE mentioned that i30 Fastback has a lot more features than A3, the specifics I am unaware.

I know Hyundai differentiate itself through features, like the Elantra I have, there’s aircon seats, electric seat adjustment, blind spot detection, etc. That said, it’s a little hard for me to swallow for the on par pricing.

115k might as well get a Honda Civic 1.5T.

Even what justify the 115k-93k = 22K difference in features between the fastback and the hatchback makes no sense at all.  [dizzy]

komoco has this habit of pricing the B&B cars at the correct level, and f**k care all other customers.

Cos they don't bother to retain customers within the brand by pricing the more premium products at an enticing level to support brand loyalty.

In their case, hyundai will forever be associated to be a good VFM car but no one will bother to buy their higher end products.

Edited by Lala81
  • Praise 3

komoco has this habit of pricing the B&B cars at the correct level, and f**k care all other customers.

Cos they don't bother to retain customers within the brand by pricing the more premium products at an enticing level to support brand loyalty.

In their case, hyundai will forever be associated to be a good VFM car but no one will bother to buy their higher end products.

Their flagship luxury sedan the genesis was a complete failure in Singapore
  • Praise 1

Their flagship luxury sedan the genesis was a complete failure in Singapore

Not only Singapore. Was a failure worldwide. Only successful in their own country.

Just food for thought, I don't see many KIA K5 around, is it the issue of price or people rather get the VFM series for Korean brands and not the mid/upper-tier models?

If i30 fastback sales did not take off based on $115k price, hopefully they will re-price it realistically to meet market's expectations. 

Just food for thought, I don't see many KIA K5 around, is it the issue of price or people rather get the VFM series for Korean brands and not the mid/upper-tier models?

If i30 fastback sales did not take off based on $115k price, hopefully they will re-price it realistically to meet market's expectations.

Still got a bit of social stigma with Korean cars.. esp. with older gen people. On the roads Korean cars mostly is the entry level bread & butter range.

Not many people will consider Korean cars like Kia K5 or Hyundai Sonata when shopping for mid sized saloon. Coupled by the trend that SUVs are getting more popular. That’s why so rare lor.

Still got a bit of social stigma with Korean cars.. esp. with older gen people. On the roads Korean cars mostly is the entry level bread & butter range.

Not many people will consider Korean cars like Kia K5 or Hyundai Sonata when shopping for mid sized saloon. Coupled by the trend that SUVs are getting more popular. That’s why so rare lor.

That's true, Korean cars didn't start off with a reputable beginning.

Before I bought my first Korean car (KIA Cerato), it took a while to convince my parents the ride is just as good as Japanese cars (even though I was the one paying). Their impression changed after I brought them for a test drive. 

↡ Advertisement