How to spend your time as a retiree

Victor68

careful hor....my father's dementia set in at 80 plus........took him 4 hrs to go have a haircut.

he has gone to a saloon with special, can you not pichar his lobang?  <_<  <_<

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1

I want to go Batam....ððð

I want to go hatyai every weekend.

retirement a lot have to do with the mindset, if one spend 80% of his time devoting to work, upon retirement will be is like the world crumple down and duno what to do next.

Hobbies and regular exercise will help, having a good partner with common interest will help even more.

Tell the cpf your view. Ask them not to raise the retirement age. Edited by Kopites
  • Praise 1

Tell the cpfirst your view. Ask them not to raise the retirement age.

retirement age has nothing to do with cpf if one able to manage their own finances, If you have difficulty it doesn't matter even if they let you withdraw at 50 or 60, you still have to work regardless. If no problem then you can even stop working at 40, many still choose to work like some say to past time. 

Actually doing nothing can be quite scary, it maybe fun for a month or two, after that boredom start to kick in. If you dun have long term activities to sustain after retirement, you would rather have work to do or office to go to everyday.

• Praise 1

retirement age has nothing to do with cpf if one able to manage their own finances, If you have difficulty it doesn't matter even if they let you withdraw at 50 or 60, you still have to work regardless. If no problem then you can even stop working at 40, many still choose to work like some say to past time.

Actually doing nothing can be quite scary, it maybe fun for a month or two, after that boredom start to kick in. If you dun have long term activities to sustain after retirement, you would rather have work to do or office to go to everyday.

No money how to go bantam or hatyau?

this shows that many here is close to retirement [laugh] [laugh]

nnd... not as if you dont know its so FAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAARRRRR away for me ....  

i still dream of retiring in taiwan tho.... 

its not they want to work! Is they have too! 1 is to delay the onset of dementia and old age issues and the other so as not to be a burden to their children since they are still mobile. The older gen who sits around at old folk corners and kopi tiam are mostly gone.....its the new gen of older people who understands the hardship and challenges faced by their children and grandchildren.

2 old people living on their own will need $1000/month to scrape through and thats where cpf comes in. I have seen old limping guys who worked for roughly $1000 a month....eventhough his son gives him a monthly allowance he says he doest want to be a burden to his children. In the end the doctor advised him to stop working as his limp was getting worse and working menial job made it worst. These are older workers with minimal education but replacing them as the older folks now will be those educated, upwardly mobile and well read! So of course to maintain that lifestyle one has to work.......or maybe help to take care of their grandchildren. Bo eng liao lor.....money makes the world go round.......

you sound so different from our Minister.  [lipsrsealed]

• Praise 1

nnd... not as if you dont know its so FAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAARRRRR away for me ....  

i still dream of retiring in taiwan tho.... 

maybe become PRC special administration district by the time u retire  -_-

• Praise 1

Sometimes interest also need to be cultivated. when my dad retire, i ask him go do something lah, volunteer etc. Even u tell me want to work in Macs, i also support u. Get your butt off and do something.

In the end, also no interest.

Luckily he got used to it but definitely mental function down quite a big notch.

↡ Advertisement