• Search this thread
  • Reply to this topic
4 replies to this topic | 5 praises

Posted 03 November 2017 - 10:45 AM

Red_ryder
  • Premium member
    Red_ryder
    1st Gear
    The points of the user determines the rank. The higher the points, the higher the rank.
    Author Image
    The bar represents the rank and points of the user. The longer the bar, the higher the rank and points.

Points are accumulated from other users who Praise or Disliked this users' posts.

Hi guys, my car is silver color. I was lazy and didn't wash for a few months. Now some areas can see dirt streaks caused by rain, and they don't come off when washing. I tried clay bar also cannot.

Should I buy polishing product and try to polish myself by hand to remove the streaks or do I need to send to professionals who can use the machine? 

Posted 03 November 2017 - 10:53 AM

Maddriver
  • Premium member
    Maddriver
    Sponsor
    Author Image
    The bar represents the rank and points of the user. The longer the bar, the higher the rank and points.

Points are accumulated from other users who Praise or Disliked this users' posts.

Hi guys, my car is silver color. I was lazy and didn't wash for a few months. Now some areas can see dirt streaks caused by rain, and they don't come off when washing. I tried clay bar also cannot.

Should I buy polishing product and try to polish myself by hand to remove the streaks or do I need to send to professionals who can use the machine? 

Any polish or a polish wax you can get off the shelf..something like autogylm SRP

Tianmo praised this
WebsiteDuragloss Car Care products
WebsiteOptimum Car Care products

Posted 03 November 2017 - 11:04 AM

Red_ryder
  • Premium member
    Red_ryder
    1st Gear
    The points of the user determines the rank. The higher the points, the higher the rank.
    Author Image

Any polish or a polish wax you can get off the shelf..something like autogylm SRP

Thanks, but what I need to know is whether hand polish is effective or will I need to use a machine? If hand polishing not effective to remove dirt streaks then I don't need to waste money buying the polish, just send to grooming workshop. 

Posted 03 November 2017 - 11:55 AM

Watwheels
  • Premium member
    Watwheels
    2Fast2Furious
    Author Image

Thanks, but what I need to know is whether hand polish is effective or will I need to use a machine? If hand polishing not effective to remove dirt streaks then I don't need to waste money buying the polish, just send to grooming workshop. 

I think for you just send to the groom shop can already. Ask so much you also won't DIY. I know some ppl are like that. I'm not the judging kind. So might as well let others do it. Already can't be bothered to wash car so why bother so much about how to do it? [laugh]

The chosen one will bring balance to the Force...I mean Singapore. Even star wars do not reserve "the chosen one" to a sith lord or a jedi or a wookie.

Posted 03 November 2017 - 12:43 PM

Maddriver
  • Premium member
    Maddriver
    Sponsor
    Author Image

Hand polish is good enough to remove those black streaks.
WebsiteDuragloss Car Care products
WebsiteOptimum Car Care products

Back to Detailing  ·  Aftermarket Top Reply to this topic

Related user reviews on sgCarMart.com

Bullsone First Class Crystal Coat

Bullsone First Class Crystal Coat  |  Rating   Submit Review

Reviewed by Ebeny  |  2nd Gear

Easy fuss free

I applied this on a regularly washed Toyota Altis which does not have any form of PPS or waxing previously. Application was straightforward with the supplied cloth. Was satisfied with the end result. Does look glossy and water beading effect is good.

Soft99 Glaco Glass Compound Roll-On

Soft99 Glaco Glass Compound Roll-On  |  Rating   Submit Review

Reviewed by Nuttywalnutty  |  Clutched

GET RID OF THAT OIL STREAK

Have you ever had that ridiculous streaky oil residue on your windscreen. The one where you can literally see water flowing lines when it is wet and it's so annoying. This is the cure. It's idiot proof. Just youtube it and watch how to app... » Read More

Related Product Guide search on sgCarMart.com : Car Polish

Quick Reply

Tags: subaru, dirt streaks, polish and 6 more...

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users