Magnifying glass
  • Search this thread
  • Reply to this topic
58 replies to this topic | 320 praises

Posted 05 November 2017 - 12:31 PM

nuttyprofessor
  • nuttyprofessor
    Banned

So just a heads up, in case you feel inclined to share everything, better don't.

Btw she had to make a public apology never to undertake similar action in the future.

Better be safe than sorry fellas.

PS: I am not at a liberty to reveal which company did that, or which forum it took place in either.

Edited by nuttyprofessor, 05 November 2017 - 12:32 PM.

Tianmo, Dleodleo and 2 Anonymous members praised this

Posted 05 November 2017 - 12:40 PM

therock
  • therock
    NOS-ed
    The points of the user determines the rank. The higher the points, the higher the rank.
    Author Image
    The bar represents the rank and points of the user. The longer the bar, the higher the rank and points.

Points are accumulated from other users who Praise or Disliked this users' posts.

Thanks for the info..

This will be interesting, since this forum bans editing of posts after 15 mins..

I wonder how this will affect us.

Posted 05 November 2017 - 01:29 PM

Scion
  • Scion
    NOS-ed
    The points of the user determines the rank. The higher the points, the higher the rank.
    Author Image
    The bar represents the rank and points of the user. The longer the bar, the higher the rank and points.

Points are accumulated from other users who Praise or Disliked this users' posts.

huh??? [confused]

Posted 05 November 2017 - 01:32 PM

Tohto
  • Premium member
    Tohto
    2Fast2Furious
    Author Image

Another no head no tail posting.
Theoldjaffa, Vid and Ingenius praised this

Posted 05 November 2017 - 01:35 PM

Victor68
  • Premium member
    Victor68
    Supercharged
    Author Image

i you post something defamatory, cooy right, or materials that you dont own and non factual, normal to be told to remove mah.

if you are giving genera personal l comments or opinion, i dont think you are liable for such action. any lawyers? hahaha

i you post something defamatory, cooy right, or materials that you dont own and non factual, normal to be told to remove mah.

if you are giving genera personal l comments or opinion, i dont think you are liable for such action. any lawyers? hahaha

Theoldjaffa, Dleodleo and 1 Anonymous member praised this

Posted 05 November 2017 - 01:42 PM

nuttyprofessor
  • nuttyprofessor
    Banned

Guess its considered theft of original work if you simply reproduce things in full? Beats me.

1 Anonymous member praised this

Posted 05 November 2017 - 01:55 PM

Karoon
  • Premium member
    Karoon
    Turbocharged
    Author Image

Another no head no tail posting.

OP should get a legal smackdown for that shambles of a post
mersaylee and Othello praised this

Posted 05 November 2017 - 02:40 PM

mersaylee
  • mersaylee
    Turbocharged
    Author Image

All hail the professor.

Credit to cineplex.com...

Like that ok?

Attached Thumbnails

• AEE81B47-AA80-4E36-A8B0-FC3DE1CE32A9.jpeg

Posted 05 November 2017 - 02:44 PM

Ender
  • Premium member
    Ender
    2Fast2Furious
    Author Image

Guess its considered theft of original work if you simply reproduce things in full? Beats me.

That's  why have to post the source link if want to copy text in full to give credit back the the author mah.

"You are the average of the 5 people you spend the most time with." - Jim Rohn

Posted 05 November 2017 - 02:55 PM

Davidtch
  • Premium member
    Davidtch
    2Fast2Furious
    Author Image

Post full story.

Don't no head no tail le

Theoldjaffa, Mustank and Othello praised this

Posted 05 November 2017 - 03:03 PM

F355
  • F355
    Turbocharged
    Author Image

I call SGB 3333 an idiot .

I accuse DrawNipple of being a fake .

Now, do I need to take down my post ? 

Posted 05 November 2017 - 03:04 PM

Eyke
  • Premium member
    Eyke
    Turbocharged
    Author Image

That's why have to post the source link if want to copy text in full to give credit back the the author mah.

the above is still copyright infringement unless u have obtained permission to reproduce "text in full" from the author.

it's like displaying stolen goods with a label saying who u stole it from.

Posted 05 November 2017 - 03:10 PM

Pinobii
  • Pinobii
    2Fast2Furious
    Author Image

the above is still copyright infringement unless u have obtained permission to reproduce "text in full" from the author.

Then usually we share those new articles from ST etc....how huh
Angcheek, Mercs and Jamesc praised this

Posted 05 November 2017 - 03:30 PM

kdash
  • Premium member
    kdash
    Supercharged
    Author Image

i think news articles which are publicly available online are still ok, as long as the source link is provided. that would be sort of like giving "credit" back to the source. 

the problem lies with proprietary info or non-disclosure info which is deemed to be company's intellectual property. usually companies have non-disclosure policies which every employee has to undertake. 

Toyota Sienta (2016 - )

Posted 05 November 2017 - 04:01 PM

therock
  • therock
    NOS-ed
    Author Image

Then usually we share those new articles from ST etc....how huh

I suspect that TS is referring to such articles from ST, or other news sources where the content is only available to paid subscribers..

Of course, ST allows 15 such articles a month free, but that means that we can post a link or part of the article or something like that.

Or someone scans a pic of a magazine article, say from Torque and posts it here.. 

Edited by therock, 05 November 2017 - 04:08 PM.

Pinobii praised this

Posted 05 November 2017 - 04:03 PM

Pinobii
  • Pinobii
    2Fast2Furious
    Author Image

I suspect that TS is referring to such articles from ST, or other news sources where the content is only available to paid subscribers..
Of course, ST allows 15 such articles a month free, but that means that we can post a link or part of the article or something like that.
Or something scans a pic of a magazine article, say from Torque and posts it here..

Scary...think wont post le...dont wanna trouble when in the first place, its just a harmless act of sharing [sweatdrop]
Angcheek praised this

Posted 05 November 2017 - 04:06 PM

Jman888
  • Jman888
    2Fast2Furious
    Author Image

Or something scans a pic of a magazine article, say from Torque and posts it here..

dun think there is such law to prevent people from sharing a newspaper news in forum, without copy and paste online, can always take pictures and post.
骑白马的不一定是王子,可能是唐僧;带翅膀的也不一定是天使,有时候是鸟人。

Posted 05 November 2017 - 04:07 PM

Roadrunner2029
  • Roadrunner2029
    2Fast2Furious
    Author Image

Normally, one shouldn't have to post the entire post, just quote a couple of key points that you wish to highlight and share the link. 

Posted 05 November 2017 - 04:49 PM

Theoldjaffa
  • Premium member
    Theoldjaffa
    2Fast2Furious
    Author Image

So just a heads up, in case you feel inclined to share everything, better don't.

Btw she had to make a public apology never to undertake similar action in the future.

Better be safe than sorry fellas.

PS: I am not at a liberty to reveal which company did that, or which forum it took place in either.

Prof, u need to share some context.

The way u put it, "got say like never say" 😜
Othello praised this
--------------------------------------------
Common sense is not a gift, it's a punishment. Because you have to deal with those who don't have it.

Posted 05 November 2017 - 05:03 PM

Tianmo
  • Premium member
    Tianmo
    2Fast2Furious
    Author Image

If I read correctly, someone must have posted some negative comments on some forums about a certain company. And TS friend circulated that negative comment.

The said company may have taken legal action against the original post. The original poster may have back track and not challenge the action, and thus remove the post, resulting in anyone who duplicated the original post to have to redraw the post as well or face the same legal action from the said company.

Quite common when a company defence it's reputation against some very nasty unreal or unrealistic comments.

I don't think it has anything to do with sharing of news of links online. If it is public news, it is meant to be read and share.

Always state is tiagong, not I gong, to be safe. [laugh] [laugh] [laugh]
Yewheng, Atonchia, Atrecord, Jamesc and 1 Anonymous member praised this
芸芸人海,罪孽深重,神佛不渡,唯我魔渡

with the spirit of the MCF tiko club..............We are................ TIKO RANGERS!!!

Back to Lite & EZ  ·  Non-Car Related Top Reply to this topic

Quick Reply

Tags: legal, friend, forum, issued and 4 more...

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users